sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

62,961 to 62,980 of 67,280 messages
27/11/2012 at 16:54

SD2 - try soaking them in Milton tablets once a week to kill the bacteria which causes the smell.

27/11/2012 at 17:08

funnily enough milton tablets were recommended at talk about hydration last night... for your bottles.

surveys of a team of athletes found faecal matter inside the bottles. ugh.

27/11/2012 at 17:31

god this thread has gone all disgusting .. BO and poo.. nice...

changing the subject - Umbongo its nearly Christmas - be nice to your wife

AH and Wabo - am signed up for Claybury !! where is it and can i get back here in time for me tea party ??

Fleet half people - its the same day as Finchley 20 ... damn .. may have to do Finchley 20 ... ho hum...

27/11/2012 at 18:22

where is Wendy ?

27/11/2012 at 18:28

Choice choices!

Must arrange a gettogether....

Back at work - lots of folk redundant - everyone looking drawn. 

I have kit like that...

27/11/2012 at 21:48
Sorry for lowering the tone folks.....
I will try the Milton tablets though, that actually makes sense.....
27/11/2012 at 21:49
In other news, job interview tomorrow, fingers crossed......
27/11/2012 at 21:56

Speed back (phew) - brisk club run tonight around 7.30 pace... cold wind didn't slow me down!

Susan...Finchley? Nah... do Fleet 

Scott smells (apparently) - I smell occasionally too but tend to wash  Know what you mean about the kit though - think a lot of mine needs chucking. Christmas list sorted then!

27/11/2012 at 22:39
It's not me that smells, I checked with Mrs D, it's my running tops.....l
27/11/2012 at 22:52

thank goodness its the tops not you Scott! and good luck for the interview ..

27/11/2012 at 23:39

good luck Scott. go get em tiger.

Jovi is around, she is doing a 30 mile ultra on Saturday. I was tempted since I always nice to run with her, also her pal we all did Ripon together, but a bit early for m,. I'm off to Moel Famau Sunday to run on something flat - or thats what my pals tell me ... they are such trustworth friends.

I have some back to back runs & eventsplanned though to be ready for TT50 Feb 4th.

mcs
28/11/2012 at 09:50

As a factory manager I was once asked to sort one of our printers out as he stunk.....that was fun I bought him a deodorant and a bar of soap from all his fellow workers. He smelt much nicer after that!!  You lot are a bit speedy on here or super ultra runners blimey. Is there anyone who just does about 20 to 30 miles a week and struggles to get any quicker or is that just me?  Back twinges this last couple of days so will have to be careful. Happy washing sorry meant to say training to all......

28/11/2012 at 14:05

Comes back onto the thread to be greeted my Susans TOTP ! Had to read back

Hope its gone well Scott.

Well done Dave maybe you had been pushing a bit hard

mcs- You are hardy slow! A lot of us have been around fo r a while and things have just developed a bit for some of us. We tend to scare people off which is a shame as its a great thread so dont go

When and where is Fleet. ? Dont say Fleet. It would be good to meet up but start of year is starting to fill up. !  Currently

Gloucester 50k 20 Jan
Born to Run Ultra 40 miles 23rd feb
Ryder round the lake 20 15th March (maybe) or find a marathon
London Marathon 22nd April.
Comrades 6th June 

Just 1 more long one to fit in somewhere but its getting there

28/11/2012 at 16:12

think Fleet / Finchely 20 is 15th March Martin.... think will go for Finchley 20 for my schedule... much as I would love to run with Dave AH and the monkey man .. but you could all come and do Fleet ......

MCS I rarely do 20 - 30 miles a week unless its marathon day - and I am not joking. I also dont go that fast and definitely never go further than 26.2 miles. there are a few people on here under false pretences....

28/11/2012 at 16:13

btw Martin - I was not TOTP so you may be ignoring someone??

28/11/2012 at 16:38

Hi Susan. Thanks will check if I can remember how. looks like that date does not work for me O well would be good to get together again.

Ive thought about other threads a few times but you know what they say first love never dies although I will confess to some threads on the side although not another marathon one xxxxxxxx

28/11/2012 at 19:26

Marin

28/11/2012 at 20:30

Susan so glad you're doing Claybury.  Its bloody miles away from here.  Essex ish.  Woodford green? NEar Wabo I think! She's going, too   OMG there's going to be a thread smack down!

28/11/2012 at 22:22

So! I had my running school analysis and they took lots of footage (arf) which we scrutinized, from lots of different angles and the man (James) sketched my mid line on frames from each and showed me the roughly twelve million things that I do that makes my knee hurt. Such as: over reaching on each stride, especially on my left leg, whilst also running on the outer side of my left foot, putting extra strain on left knee (again). Plus twisting my torso to compensate for right leg swinging out, plus dropping my hips each time. Plus generally slouching, tipped forward kind of running that means one muscle is doing all the work instead of the ideal three. Don't ask me what they all are, because I can't remember. But one is definitely glutes. (Not firing, engaging, how many times have I heard THAT from physios!?!)

28/11/2012 at 22:26

And obviously, I signed up for the 6 week course and I'm very very excited and now I think I realise for the first time, that I haven't so much been suffering from the same injury, as I thought (ie ITB injury from a run long ago) but more a new injury EACH TIME from the way I'm running.

I thought of you, Artful, as he was telling me about his belief in biomechanics as the way forward. They showed some great footage of before and afters running too. I really am excited now. Though I hardly see the point now of my Sunday race, because I need to learn to run in a new way before I do any races.

Oh, and he set me a new 5K PB target of sub 20 minutes. Ha ha. My brother has just done that. I don't THINK so!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.