sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,021 to 63,040 of 67,287 messages
30/11/2012 at 23:19
I'm doin 10k on Sun @ Regents Pk. Feels a bit wonky and backwards since I'm starting TRS on Thurs. Plus shhh my knee still hurts a bit from ten miler on Sun...
01/12/2012 at 11:46
Not much teleport folks, running nene valley 10 miler tomorrow, near Peterborough, I am expecting a cold one, should be fun though.
01/12/2012 at 12:47
Is Regents park tomorrow Ickle?

No teleporting Scott ? What happened you lost the tardis?

Park run this am, did 50 mins before hand warm up ... Ffffffffreezing.. Then was the back marker which obviously suits my slack attitude.. Was genuinely fun to be at back with young and old and encourage them on their way ! Bit icy in places .
01/12/2012 at 14:19

First sub-27 parkrun today - cos Abingdon is underwater, we went up to Oxford which is a faster course, lumpier on a macro level but much more even underfoot. Top of my agegroup (which was not just me I should add) but boy am I unfit. Proper training has sort of started. The track sesh on Thurs was a 1500m TT which I have not done before, 6:58. Looking at clubmates, half a minute needs to come off that by the autumn if I want to hit my goal. 

01/12/2012 at 15:06
Damn this auto correct SS.
01/12/2012 at 17:27

Petra is OK but should be great once the finish it!!

01/12/2012 at 18:58
Who are the ?
01/12/2012 at 18:59
Way to go England!
01/12/2012 at 20:03

"the" is Egyptian for "they"

01/12/2012 at 20:26
Ah .. Of course it is .. Thou so
01/12/2012 at 20:56
Been out dog walking, it's frosty already, any one running tomorrow, remember your gloves!
01/12/2012 at 23:09

Yes it's minus one in central London tomorrow morning, apparently.

01/12/2012 at 23:28
Will do Scott, going up some hills in Wales tomorrow at 9am although, main bit is only 200 feet short of being classed as a mountain. Eeek. The joke goes how can you make it into a mountain - take 100 people with you.
Wonder if I can find the teleport function on my Garmin like Scott's... That might be handy.

Congrats Fido. And Susan too.

Susan harsh about only running from me. I have occasionally mentioned odd articles, cake, weight loss (new 30" jeans being worn tomorrow), some uber circuits. Err, and cake? Okay, got me a little!

So today, I did an errr tiddlywinks speed "game"? 6 short half games. They were quite fast. Then I went shopping, for various things including special tiddlywink shoes, but my feet are big so had to order them.

Red Sea cruise sounds great Didds. VoK awesome. Temple at Karnak too? Sure you saw all. Are the street sellers still doing every accent, asking you where you were from? Very funny hearing perfect Sean Connery, Geordie & Scouse from 70 yr old Egyptians.

Just watched the Bradley Wiggins Sky documentary ... Phenomenal. If you've got Sky, and not seen it yet, do a search or watch on demand. Very inspiring.

Good luck Ikle in 10k, and Scott with 10 miler.
02/12/2012 at 09:45

Morning all

Hope all are well

FIDO- Anyone who can run a sub 7 mile in not unfit! We just live in a different world

Cold in Lincs but a good day to run (hope it went well Scott) Not much from me I will not be coming down for FLEET just does not work which is a shame. Going for a run by the canal in a bit but with my GARMIN set on Sunrise( shows nothing.)  Im tired due to work so no pressure and just want to plod December although hope at some point to keep my 20 miler a month stretch going.

02/12/2012 at 12:01
I think I did just under 51 mins naked. Wanted to get under 50 so bit disappointed, but was not busting a gut. And no knee pain.
02/12/2012 at 14:14
Sounds good Ickle .. Well done

Not doing Fleet don't think Martin think need to do the Finchley 20 schedule wise ..
02/12/2012 at 19:41

Ikle - I did that Regent Park 10K last year as I was in London the weekend it was on.  I really enjoyed it which is unusual as I usually hate 10Ks! susan and a couple of her friends ran it too - I seem to remember it was part of a series that were run on the first Saturday of each month throughout the winter?

Fido - that sounds speedy for 1500m.

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 19:43
02/12/2012 at 22:35
Hi folks. Nene valley 10 miler was good today! A nice flat course, with a few bumps. I managed sub 85, which is where I wanted to be! Got half way round and helped up a chap that did major face plant! Generally a good event.....
03/12/2012 at 07:31
And did you get up to any thing Jovi ?????????
Well done Scott
03/12/2012 at 09:22

Susan - I did a little run in the country on Saturday  

Well, it was quite a longish run! Frostbite 30 race - an ultra around the Yorkshire Dales near where I live.  It was a spur of the moment decision to enter last week as hadn't heard about the event until then.  Due to dangerously icy conditions they cut one section out which was round a steeply banked reservoir where they were worried about people falling in on the icy path!  Did the amended route which was 27.57m in 5:15 (2600ft of climbing) - fantastic day out - loved it - sunny and very cold and amazing views from the tops of the hills.  Quite treacherous underfoot in places on the tracks - sheet ice so lots of mincing on the descents.  Ran the first half very steady with a mate and then speeded up a bit in the second half. It was my mate Johns first ultra and he's not run a marathon for several years (our original plan until I heard about the race was for a 15-16 mile long run - the furthest he would have ran in several years!) so he did amazing to get round in 5:45.  One of the best organised events I've done - lots of signage (although I still somehow managed to miss a direction arrow and make a slight navigational error on the short section of the course you actually ran on the out and back leg!)  Lots of marshalls and refreshments enroute - including hot drinks at some of the checkpoints.  Thankfully the mud was frozen solid most of the way round so only got my feet really wet in the last few miles of the return when the mud had melted.  Would definitely recommend the event. Its the first time for a while I've done a race carrying a heavier pack which I really noticed how much difference it made.  When I did the Ripon ultra it was warm so didn't need to carry as much spare kit.  Legs didn't seem to suffer too badly at all - quads a little stiff but really not bad at all - hoping to do a recovery run tonight.

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 09:27
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.