sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,041 to 63,060 of 67,530 messages
03/12/2012 at 13:51

Wow Jovi - sounds immense.  Great running. Just the 30 miles, then

MCS - nice one re Marathon Talk.  I love it.  They really gave DtF a good old going over, didn't they?  Not just reading it out, but the full analysis. 

I did parkrun marshalling on Sat. Thank goodness I was in a nice sunny spot rather than in the shade. Was wearing a lot of clothes just in case. Then did Hants League xc.  Was 74th this time - was 91st last time - although I think there were just fewer runners this time.  Man xc is hard. Or I'm unfit. Or both.  Pleased to over take one rival on a short sharp hill

Then CHarlie's concert. Wonderful Firebird Suite (think part of Disney's Fantasia) and some Spanishy stuff.  Of course I hadn't even thought of actually buying a ticket. Just bowled up.  Thank goodness I got in through subterfuge.

Then yesterday I did a mega swim.  1.2 miles in bloody cold water.  I've been labouring under the misapprehension that the water is still 'warm' (ie around 12 deg) bcause that's what the surf websites say. However I discovered after the event that people think it was more like 6-8!!!  If I'd known that I think I'd have a) run a mile or b) worn a wetsuit, knowing I was going to have to be in the water at least 30 mins.

It was fun though. We were so lucky. Flat sea, sun and the blessed current was with us. The sand was frosty .  We all shook so much afterwards it would have been funny if I hadn't felt so rough.  What happens after the swim is worse than the actual swim I think. The after drop and shivering etc. Takes ages to warm up. God you should have seen us all!

Chuffed to have done it though. Only 6 out of 13 of us were non-wetsuit and only 3 of us had no gloves or neoprene socks (I don't own any...)

03/12/2012 at 13:51

So Ikle, did you do that great time even though you were thinking about all your TRS stuff?  Good on you. It'll be worth it

03/12/2012 at 14:17

Artful, that takes some courage, I however would struggle to dip my toe in, I truly hate being cold, so hats off to you.

Went out for a few beers friday so didnt have much time to play with so opted for a 30min dash 7k,

I've been looking for a 10k round Bath and annoyingly the two that looked promising were both full.

So will do another hour tonight. full raining starts on the 1st jan, Cant wait.

03/12/2012 at 14:32

I marshalled Parkrun too, AH! It was very very cold!

03/12/2012 at 20:22

Anyone doing jantastic? Have signed up in normal spirit of optimism!

Nice mincing Jovi. 

03/12/2012 at 21:08

Jovi - hats off (again!) you awesome little running machine!

AH - re: Marathon Talk - glad they read it out and gave me the third degree... it can't all be about 10.0 runs can it. Think Martin picked it 'cos I'm a local!

Also, well done on your latest swimming exploits - I'll find another hat and take that off for you too!

After my neck spasm, man 'flu and 6 days of no running my 8 mile trot tonight was truly lovely. Just steady with a couple of quicker miles at the end... a real lesson in how to pace a run 

03/12/2012 at 22:26

I looked at my results from yesterday's run, and even though it was rather slow, I was quite pleased with my lap times because I definitely did a negative split. (Goes to get times...)

03/12/2012 at 22:27

17:54, 16:39, 16:33... (3 laps)

04/12/2012 at 00:03

I want to join the sub4 fun too, but I dont plan to join any marthon race for 2013, so my target is to break it at year 2014. 

Currently pb at 5:33 haha dont laugh please

Last week did xc 10k, 54mins, will try to build up speed before next marathon

04/12/2012 at 06:48
Eldred my official mara PB for mara is 5:40! With knee issues. Best without, unofficial is 4hrs 10 so doesn't count. Gonna crack it in Brighton in April. Maybe even sub 3:50 for GFA. With help of TRS. And other acronyms...
04/12/2012 at 07:32

Welcome Eldred, why not any marathons this year even if you are not planning to attack the sub 4 barrier until 2014? A lot of marathon running is learning how to avoid problems until you cross the finish line, so practice really helps (and it's fun!).

Treadmill last night - have put garmin somewhere....

mcs
04/12/2012 at 08:59

I have signed up for Jantastic. Not decided on a marathon next year yet, did promise the OH I wouldnt do another after Edinburgh, dont know why I said that, she made me say it, I think while limping up the stairs..........would like to do a flattish one again as want a sub four. Eight minutes to knock off my time.  What flat ones have you guys done?
Ran in this am and got soaked again, the rain has returned!!! Hammering down all night here.
Nice running Ikle and good health to you Dave.
I bow down in awesome respect of the Artful One who swims!!!! RESPECT.

04/12/2012 at 12:09

Just run two miles, my first run since my second steroid injection. Felt marginally better than my last run. Fingers crossed, let's hope there is no adverse reaction.

04/12/2012 at 12:16

I ran 2 marathons last year, which is actually in my first year of running, I guess it's too much too soon for me. For my first marathon which I undertrained and injured prior race. I have so much trouble for recovery after the race, unable to walk properly 3 days and sore continues for the rest of the week.

Second marathon was not really a race it's a fun event to promote running marathon. We did fun pace and having fun all the way. 

I want to do it gradually perhaps, maybe a sub48 10k, followed by a sub 1:55 hm and then a sub4 marathon

04/12/2012 at 12:57

oh boy I can never keep up with you peeps

I cant say anything else! Except I am still losing weight running is heaps better but I am still not as fast as you lot!

04/12/2012 at 13:53

No 10k for me last Sunday as I am gripped by the dreaded "man flu" !! Still feeling carp at moment but there seems to be loads of bugs about. My eyes hurt so haven't read back.

04/12/2012 at 15:34

Losing weight is great for running stats. Apparently. =)

I've lost my mind and signed up for a 10K run which is 1 hour's drive away on a Wednesday evening (12th Dec) on a floodlit track! In the middle of the week! After work! What have I done?!!

04/12/2012 at 16:17
Ikle, you will be fine! I look forward to reading your race report.
Running club for me tonight, will only be 4 of us, but never mind. It's getting to that time of year when I don't know what to wear to suit the weather, I suppose it's better to be to hot rather than route cold!
mcs
04/12/2012 at 16:26

Headtorch charged and clothes dried out from running to work, nearly time to plod home. Feeling tired tonight so it will be a slow plod WABO.....not fast slow plod home. Bit of snow here today though not settled so a wet run home.

04/12/2012 at 17:21
Have fun running home mcs!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.