sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,081 to 63,100 of 67,403 messages
06/12/2012 at 11:44

Sorry - have been slack havent I?  Just lots on - but then we all do.

Welcome new peeps.

mcs - was listening to MT trying to work out which was you (guessing mcs are your initials) but then wondered if I was even listening to the right episode. Fun though.

frc - C plays the french horn.

Susan - sorry, have not been ignoring you and your Claybury questions. I have no idea what the course is like - Wabo? - so on the spikes thing - it may be fine, it may be a slippery nightmare. Hard to tell.  But I don't have spikes cos my knees don't like them.  

As for chatting on the way round - xc races arent really chattable I find. Maybe at the beginning but after that just trying to stay alive is more my priority because xc is so hard.  But - before I put you off completely - it's hard for everyone and there's usually brilliant camaraderie.  We're all suffering etc. And it IS only 6k...

We perhaps should aim to warm up together/jog round the course etc which will give us a great opportunity to chat.  I'm looking forward to it - esp if it's cold and frosty like today.

Will sign up for Jantastic now that I'm a runner again

mcs
06/12/2012 at 12:03

markstreet running with daughter on a bike.....on rate your run......

06/12/2012 at 13:39

Oh I did Claybury last week.  Vets it was. Well Its a nice course, I like it.  I did 3 laps and the toughest part is a bit where you go uphill through the woods and then down a sharp hill and if the weather stays at it is I shouldnt think spikes.  The ground was hard last weekend and I wore off road shoes.

I must go look see what this race is about, I am not aware of it

06/12/2012 at 18:08

Ah, mcs, yes, I remember that.  She dropped the water bottle?

Wabo - oh I thought you were racing with us on SAturday? Southern Counties Vets League/Champs or something. Don't really now TBH!  Course sounds fab. I like laps.  The one we did last week was two laps but round an enormous field where you could pretty much see how far you had to go the whole time (and therefore how far ahead everyone else was...)

06/12/2012 at 22:17
Hi folks, had a good run with a couple of Chapman Thursday night running club. 8 miles at 8.30 mile pace.
The weather was horrible! Chucking it down with rain, temperature hovering around freezing, windy, need I go on.
Really enjoyed it, got home with a big smile on my face, Mrs D thought I was mad going running in the first place, when I got home, sweating and with a runny nose, she was sure I had lost the plot, oh well
If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand!
06/12/2012 at 23:15
I don't ever do cross country ... What was I thinking ?
07/12/2012 at 12:35

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE !!!!

Have you been shunned by Asics?

Stuck in a training rut?

Got a marathon place and can only run round the block??

Busy busy busy and no time to train??

I have six lovely mentors all lined up and chomping at their Mizunos to get involved

All you have to do is to tell us why you should be given the prize of the millenium

YOUR PITCH

Should not threaten to harm small animals
Should not send people to sleep or need a screen break

It will contain your hopes for a marathon time
It will contain your marathon entry confirmed
It will contain a brief running history of recent times and pb's

We would love to hear all about YOU, strengths, weaknesses and limitations

---------------------------------------

This thread will close on Monday 17th December and then Kittenkat and her esteemed Adjudicator(s) will cogitate the pitches and we will then announce the LUCKY SIX on Christmas Eve

Asics 6??  As they said on Channel 4 ... thanks for the warm up    

Click on the link below to be taken to the pitching page.....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/the-rw-forum-six/234971.html

07/12/2012 at 12:39

mcs you in the asics thing? could be something for you..

Or someone else here - Ikle? Get that sub 4?

Important point, if memory serves, you score higher if you have pictures of cute dogs, cats or children. So get some pictures ready.

07/12/2012 at 12:43

its not the Asics thing FRC!  That's the point of it!

07/12/2012 at 13:05

I think its too late now frc, I think we are at the voting stage its that right minni?

07/12/2012 at 13:06

I know its not the Asics thing !

Thought mcs might've been in the asics thing already, so not interested in the Forum 6. But if he isn't, then a good candidate.

07/12/2012 at 13:11

Wabo - yes too late for the Asics but the forum 6 is much better anyway.  You're almost guaranteed a pb!

mcs
07/12/2012 at 15:04

Forum 6 yes interested need a sub four next year.........only problem is I need a marathon, only got a 21 miler booked in March and the Coniston 14 so need to find a flat marathon.....Milton Keynes might be one. White Peak one is a possibility though I think its rather hilly......off to research.......need a kicking,training,cajoling, nerdling, beating, pacing down to that sub four hour mark.  
Went out and did four easy at lunch all under 8mmiling so getting quicker with three weeks of training under the belt already. Long run Sunday 14 miler planned......

07/12/2012 at 16:47

Get one booked mcs. Edinburgh, end of may 26th or 27th? Very flat, even downhill first 3 miles.

But if Ikle went for it, you know we'd vote for you !  (sorry mcs).

07/12/2012 at 16:58

msc - definitely get a pitch in if you find a marathon.

07/12/2012 at 19:18

Evening all.

Very slack yet again but busy at work (please let me my last christmas in retail).

Hope all are well. All this talk of fast 10K.  Just had my confirmation e-mail from Comrades so thats it better start training 

07/12/2012 at 19:25
Skegness 5km Santa run for me and mini me on Sunday, that's if I don't end up whacking him! The joys of a 13 year old in the house! If it was happening to some one else, I would think it was funny!
07/12/2012 at 21:42
See you in the morning Susan... Unless you hate the idea of it. I'll forgive you xx
07/12/2012 at 22:01
If I did not have to come on my own so far. If it was parliament hill ... Will do park run and think of you
08/12/2012 at 01:06
FOTD ?

Susan, joining you, not bothering with XC, really did not enjoy it, and can't be bothered with buying spikes., light hilly trail run in morning, then a circuit.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.