sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,101 to 63,120 of 66,879 messages
07/12/2012 at 16:47

Get one booked mcs. Edinburgh, end of may 26th or 27th? Very flat, even downhill first 3 miles.

But if Ikle went for it, you know we'd vote for you !  (sorry mcs).

07/12/2012 at 16:58

msc - definitely get a pitch in if you find a marathon.

07/12/2012 at 19:18

Evening all.

Very slack yet again but busy at work (please let me my last christmas in retail).

Hope all are well. All this talk of fast 10K.  Just had my confirmation e-mail from Comrades so thats it better start training 

07/12/2012 at 19:25
Skegness 5km Santa run for me and mini me on Sunday, that's if I don't end up whacking him! The joys of a 13 year old in the house! If it was happening to some one else, I would think it was funny!
07/12/2012 at 21:42
See you in the morning Susan... Unless you hate the idea of it. I'll forgive you xx
07/12/2012 at 22:01
If I did not have to come on my own so far. If it was parliament hill ... Will do park run and think of you
08/12/2012 at 01:06
FOTD ?

Susan, joining you, not bothering with XC, really did not enjoy it, and can't be bothered with buying spikes., light hilly trail run in morning, then a circuit.
08/12/2012 at 06:28

Heh thanks FRC. That's nice. I didn't really understand the Minnie thing to start with but now I do.

I have a really sore throat. Hence awake, feeling rather sorry for myself. We had our first nativity show yesterday, for which I'm playing piano and I think I was a bit overexcited and shouted along to all the songs and now I'm paying the price. Feel like I have large furniture in my throat. Dark wood. Wardrobes n things.

I will apply for that thingy. Do it now, since I can't sleep because my throat is on fire.

My first TRS session was awesome! Will tell you about it in detail, but it did have some significant comedy elements. =)

In other news, my lights fuse has blown and my electrics are very antiquated indeed. Basey's not That kind of partner! But we will visit B and Q to try to rectify this morning. This afternoon we are going to see Stomp. I wish I didn't feel so dreadful.

Love and Christmassyness and good running to all.

08/12/2012 at 06:58

I did my pitch. I tried not to think too hard and long about it. We shall see.

08/12/2012 at 06:59
Oh ikle, hope you're not ill...

Clay bury is indeed a very long way to go to run 6k. Last year it was in Croydon and loads of us went from the cub and it was quite fun. This year there aren't quite so many of us and I sort of wish I wasn't up at the crack of sparrows on a Saturday, am knackered and still haven't bought a single present. My sisters are despairing of me because I've goto my head in the sand about it all. Wish I could just get presents for AR, J and C. That would be lovely,

Have no bread to make a packed lunch with,,,
08/12/2012 at 08:44

Ikle, the other group I was on this year was a Forum 6 one for sub 3:30. So its a thread all for you - and others.

Gazelle got one to one coaching, often daily off someone, who worked on a specific program for them. About 7-8 of us then joined the thread and also got some coaching, motivated each other as we went the same target. Its a fabulous system, works really well.

If you say you're doing 6 miles that day, coach waiting on you, and 6-7 other people also working hard, then you do it!

We then all got together for Thunder Run and met up, had a fabulous time. Still together now.

Even if you dont win (you will, all of us will vote for us, sorry mcs)... then mcs can still come on the thread.

Goes to look at pitch... hope you included pictures of those cats with the silly names, mentions of Basey, and also your unique Ikle button humour and style.

Can't fail !

08/12/2012 at 08:54
Great to see a couple if pitches from people on here. I'll just point out that the pitches are judged by an independent person so there's no canvassing or voting involved. Also it works with mentors rather than coaches. Someone from the forum who is experienced in the distance they are mentoring. It's good to have your own schedule but they will then advise on tweaks to suit you.

Good luck!
08/12/2012 at 09:13

I missed out the cats, but I think I have included my humour and style.

08/12/2012 at 19:14
Definitely, Iklebutn style is unique. Especially the pfffsssst type sound effects (see I can't do them) and humour.

We can influence the mentors a little though.

Post pictures of the cats! And their names.

And errr any recent bad runs with lots of stiles through the countryside?! Mention what doing the run would mean to you, TRS also?
08/12/2012 at 22:41
Yes. And who made me do it. And then didn't TURN UP!!! Thbbb! (that the one?!) Did you know that a question mark and an exclamation mark used together now has a term - an interrobang. I learnt that on a grammar course. In other news my throat kills. Not nice. No run tomorrow. In bed. Moop.
09/12/2012 at 00:55

Did my PB in Parkrun today, although nothing impressive but it's something I am happy that I manage to sub 25 finally

09/12/2012 at 09:06
Me too Eldred, not a total5 km PB but for my park run which is a pretty hilly course.
24.53. Hurt my lungs. Was quite cold. Was chuffed though
09/12/2012 at 13:00
Hurty lungs here in Hampshire too Susan... Attempted a reasonably quick 10k this morning and failed (kinda)...
The Xmas Pud 10k in Christchurch is always packed out and today was no exception. Had fully intended to be race fit for this but alas with life and throaty coughs getting in the way of proper training I thought I'd go along and take it easy.
If doing the first mile in 7:04 is taking it easy then obviously I'll need to rethink that strategy... Although I was running semi-naked, just using RunKeeper app on my phone with the volume down. Did settle down into a rather more comfortable pace and finished in 47:40. Don't think I'll ever get the hang of pacing properly or perhaps I'm just not a race day runner...
Anyhow will get back into some form of routine next week and still have my 1000mile target for 2012 to complete - little way to go though...
09/12/2012 at 13:16

That's a good time, Dave. Well done. Heh yes that's a comedy first mile time. Once I did my first k in 3:30 and didn't actually realise I was capable of doing that! By mistake of course... I seem to remember my final time was something like 52 minutes!

09/12/2012 at 13:46

Susah,

It's very cold here as well in Whistable, it's flat but the merciless sea breeze seems able to slice our skin through. I did 24:09 but I guess there is there is room for improvement next time, went too fast at first.. 

My nose were painful from the cold

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.