sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,121 to 63,140 of 66,871 messages
09/12/2012 at 14:08
Get better Ickle x
09/12/2012 at 14:18
That's a good time Dave
09/12/2012 at 21:08
In x factor news, I think the finalists are both awful! I know that the show isn't called "who is best at singing" but it's also not called who has got the biggest sob story. Go on YouTube and listen to somethin rea, rant over!
Santa run was good today, me and little me did 5k in 23 minutes, in full festivegear, really enjoyed it. He still isn't convinced that running is the way forward though.......
09/12/2012 at 21:10
What's a good marathon for march/April next year?
09/12/2012 at 21:19

haha one of my clubmate ran 17mins for santa run, the costume was ripped apart

09/12/2012 at 21:38
I think James is sound.
09/12/2012 at 22:03
Beard wasn't to good at the end........
09/12/2012 at 22:41
Have NO idea what you're talking about

Unless its the hour, homeland or the killing, tv doesn't exist.

17 mins 5k in a Santa outfit is just silly. Those things are hot to wear. Most jealous

Hope you're feeling better Sickle (oh, iPad autocorrect actually made a joke!)

17.5 miles for me today 11 of them muddy trail, legs are feeling tired after 6 tough miles hilly trail and a circuit yesterday. Helping my missus train for Hebden 22m in Jan, so 12mi of those with her, other bits for my ultra. Easy week for me planned till next Sundays club race.

New pussy cat possibly arriving tomorrow. Still to decide on a name.
10/12/2012 at 06:51
Understand beard ref now. I'm still under weather so staying home today apart from nativity piano playing the safty. Looking forward to commencing marathon training later this week. Shall be doing the 4 times a week RW intermediate one in mag. Used to doing 3 times a week so We'll see ...
10/12/2012 at 09:15

Hope you're feeling better soon Ikle - best to to get it out of the way before Xmas though

Dave - I would say your 10k time is not too shabby at all - who needs to pace themselves?

Fantastic PB time for PR Susan -you've still got it at your age - Hahaha you know I love you really.

I did a 10 mile road race yesterday - went from 1.24.51 to a new PB of 1.18.56 - absolutely delighted! Two nasty hills at 5 and 8.5 miles but I just thought of the cake and the end and kept going - hoping I can get a half marathon pb next year - maybe?? 

10/12/2012 at 10:33

Well done, WT. Super!

mcs
10/12/2012 at 11:00

I will leave the super six to you Ikle. I can train myself and listen to all the advice you get, I have enough books to read on marathon training or so I am told!!!

Had a busy weekend and got out Sunday am in the pouring rain and strong wind blowing into my face all the way our for 7 miles before I turned and ran back another 7 managed to keep going, though wanted to stop all the time, think the glass of red wine, which is rather a rarity for me on Friday night was in my legs. Anyway managed 14 miles in 1.58 which was too quick really, but hey done, so happy. Having a rest day today as the legs a touch sore.  Happy new week to all keep running........

10/12/2012 at 16:17

End of my week of no running at doctor's request today. [Just confirming that condition is not running related/affected.] Really looking forward to running again tomorrow morning. 

Having run only once in December so far - and only done about 50 miles per month in October and November having done 70 in August and 85 in September - I'm going to start gently and increase the distance gradually over a series of easy runs before adding any speedwork or attempting parkrun PB. Probably increase by a km per run from whatever I run tomorrow. Will just run as I feel tomorrow, erring on the side of caution.

10/12/2012 at 16:24

Nice 10 mile PB WT, 10 mile is the one distance (that I'm interested in) that I've yet to set a time at. (Well yes, and marathon, but I'll get there!)

10/12/2012 at 17:59
Cicero, hope you get the all clear. Have you done a half yet? I forget. Why the reduced mileage but still racing 5k, 5m, 10k? Injury problem or TRS suggestion?
10 milers are perfect, midway between 10k and half for confidence, what pace you stay at... Leads nicely to

WT congrats on the 10 miler. 6-7 minutes off is fabulous. You can smash that half PB.
I ran 10m in 68 mins in June and equalled that time during a half 3 weeks ago on way to 89 mins. So think big, positive numbers, with your amazing endurance, sure you could keep that going for 1:50-51 and below?

DtF, nice 10k. Everyone different in start, I prefer even till last few miles, a club pal likes to go off fast and get ahead of target. I think it costs you way more by the end, oxygen debt? A little bit faster on first mile ok, but probably not 7:04 fast.

Congrats to Eldred and Susan, good 5ks. I hate them, really do. Too short, too painful.
Scott, Marathons in April, most are sold out, Paris, Manchester could still get in. Edinburgh in May.

How is Sickle today?

Anyway, Fit Running Cat is very happy today because we adopted another cat, just picked him up. He is very cute. But name still not decided. Ivan, James, Edgar?
10/12/2012 at 18:14

I think Edgar.

Still a little Sickle. But mainly betterer. Going into school this afternoon was a mistake, though. Way too stressful. Really wanted to go for a run this evening, but obviously too silly if unwell. Boo.

Re: marathon training, it's 5 times a week, not 4 and is called the Improver's programme. Although technically I don't run enough mileage weekly to qualify. But I'm sorry; I'm NOT doing the 'beginners' one because that would just be silly.

Have 10K race on Wednesday and haven't run since last Thurs. Hmmm...

10/12/2012 at 23:19
Frc, finances permitting, I would like to do Paris....
Good luck for Wednesday Iklebutn.
Running club tomorrow night, think I will wear my Santa hat.
10/12/2012 at 23:26

If still sad poorly Sickle, then doing the race likely a bad idea? I know granny suck eggs, but has to be said.

As for programmes, I only ran 3 times a week for spring sub 3:30, so number of days you run really doesn't mean anything, just have to be consistent. If you get picked for Forum 6 you'll be getting coached by someone anyway, and maybe sessions sent to you weekly as your fitness changes. mcs can join the thread too and get some coaching off your Jedi Master whoever it is.

As for names, Larry, Angus and Raymond now in running...

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 00:01
11/12/2012 at 08:22

Ikle - sure you will be fine. I had had a dodgy hamstring for two weeks and only ran 3 miles and then did a PB - sometimes rest is good for you

FRC - thanks for the prediction of my half marathon time but considering I have done three faster than 1.50 before I hope I would be quicker on the next one. I'm not sure quite how insulted to be that you think it will take me 33 minutes to do an extra 3 miles on top of my 10 mile time?

mcs
11/12/2012 at 08:59

Skated in to work in my Inov8s as the ground is very slippy here today, took the cross country route to work to avoid the hard surfaces.  Cold out there too. Time for a coffee me thinks.  My half pb came on top of a steady year of training and one road race at Coniston in March and then a fell race and then the PB at GNR after not doing too much high mileage more shorter runs. Run about 1300 plus miles this year. Sometimes less is more according to some of the books and schedules I have read.
Have a good 10K Ikle.......I had a dodgey hamstring six weeks before the VLM in 2010 and managed to get round okay, though not a great time. But if its bad dont run on it, long term damage not worth it.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.