sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,181 to 63,200 of 67,657 messages
15/12/2012 at 15:04

I can almost see you flying up the hill. Well done again

FRC- I think there is a point you cross. Although Im not in Wendys class, I do think the body does start to accept 26.2 as a "normal run" 3 marathons in 3 months was fine but have decided not to go 20 miles plus this month as I also think the body needs a rest from time to time, Speed work this month see below

Fist back to back runs started today. 10k yesterday and today. Happy with a couple of sub 50s (49.40 & 47.45) Its a start I have to be honest the biggest worry I have at the moment is finding the time to get the long bruns in

15/12/2012 at 20:53

I find it hard getting the long BRUNS in Martin..  as for fist back to backs.. I just dont want to go there.  ahem ..

Wendy - you are awesome and you can be in shock - way to go indeed... !!

15/12/2012 at 21:09
Been out and done a 5 miler, in 40 minutes, so quite happy with my self as have got a cracked rib and have not run since last sunday......
Tales fro the river bank, I had a race with a greyhound, and lost, he was friendly though, as I ran past 4 youths, smoking some rather fragrant, hand rolled tobacco, I shoted "drug squad" and think I nearly gave them a heart attack.
All good fun.
My kneeseems ok now, looking forward to abit longer run tomorrow...
15/12/2012 at 22:20

SDII, you are a terror!

15/12/2012 at 23:20
How so ikle?????
15/12/2012 at 23:49
Errr... Probably shouting "drug squad" at the youngsters?

After being zero degrees running Thursday night, its now 8-10 degrees, weird. Race tomorrow ~6m, short break then steady run back hopefully.

Malt loaf & a few Jaffa cakes in pocket for emergencies. Well that's my excuse
16/12/2012 at 09:18
Fair comment frc, it was funny though......
Yesterday was the first time I have been out running in shorts! It felt weird......
Off out soon, in my santa hat I think......
16/12/2012 at 09:42

SD2, anything else, or just the hat?

Bang on, FRC.

Why is it you can go for a run and run for ages and not cough at all, and then as soon as you stop running, you start coughing again? Must mean running is good for you!

16/12/2012 at 09:56
Ikle, maybe a little bit of tinsel as well to maintain my modesty. .......
16/12/2012 at 10:32

Hi all - thought I'd pop in and say Merry Christmas and I hope you are all well.

Jovi - just seen your sub 3.30, 1st lady and 6th overall - WOW!!!! That's fantastic, I'm so so pleased for you, congratulations. Sorry for not reading back for anyone else's news. Hoping I can catch back up with you all once I'm on maternity leave!

We've had a stressful few weeks as our housing chain fell through so we've had to accept that we will be having the baby where we are now which wasn't the plan, BUT it's fine, it's just been frustrating as we'd been waiting since July (when we bought / sold) to move. Baby is well, I only have around 8 weeks to go now! Obviously no running-related news from me but pleased to report I have kept up the swimming 3 times a week and I still feel really strong in the pool despite feeling like I have no fitness left whatsoever when outside the pool!

Lots of Christmas love to you all. x x x

16/12/2012 at 12:38

Hello Tutu how lovely to have you pop in!! so exciting about the baby coming soon!! will it be a pisces I wonder .. very nice people .. Gordon is a pisces.. me capricorn, James aquarius .. all delightful as you know..   

just had about a six mile run  with the mums - lovely  loops of local park - bit hilly but managed to drag even the reluctant mums up there and we all did different loops depending on speed - so we all ended up around the same place.. very pleasant indeed .. especially after 36 hours at my parents doing tree decs and present buying and wrapping etc.. came back a shattered shell.. that and driving up and back in the most horrendous rain I think i have ever driven in...

how are the legs Wendy - having a lie in? do hope so

16/12/2012 at 15:03
7 1/2 miles earlier. Its lovely out. Decided to wear shorts and top as wellas santa hat. Does any one know where I can get a technical santa hat? As the one from the Santa run isn't up to much! I fancy a Gortex one!
16/12/2012 at 23:02
Mo was robbed and David Weir.. Oh I don't know they are all so awesome. Well done Bradley and Jess ...
17/12/2012 at 10:34
It was just nice to see andy murray getting so emotional about it all and his mate the boxer seemec to take it all very seriosly......
Well done Wiggo though!
17/12/2012 at 12:02
I just won a pair of brooks pure cadence trainers, I am overthe moon to say the least!
17/12/2012 at 12:14

nice one Scott

Susan I am with you on SPOTY, hard to pick a winner but Mo and David Weir made me shout and jump about at the olympics for sure!

happy christmas Tutu hope all goes well with you x

mcs
17/12/2012 at 14:19

Brilliant report Jovi, thanks for that. What Marathon was that? Milton Keynes mara is on bank holiday Monday fancy a look at that as must be flat.......Awesome time Jovi well done.
Enjoyed seeing Bradley win as love my cycling but wanted Mo in second or third and Jess up there too being from Sheff of course.   Dave Weir's training is awsome and they were all ace over the summer of 2012.....dont think we can repeat that in Rio. But the cricket team won a series in India so not bad there.

FRC my list of races is from another thread sorry to confuse you! Asics reject and race group from last year.
Scott where did you win your trainers from? Won a kindle which I should get this week on Scottish Power draw......have a good week all.......seven miles done for me this am and a run home to come as didn't run yesterday.....

17/12/2012 at 14:24

I ran 8 miles yesterday morning, but none of my loved ones will let me do any more until I'm all betterer. Boo! Still have a sore throat. Rather bored of it all now...

17/12/2012 at 16:45

just get better Ickle....

17/12/2012 at 17:34
Mcs, I won the trainers on the brooks web site, they were giving away 500 pairs, exdemo ones I think, been tried on by folks, butnevetworn out side. I a, over the moon! Also, got a callfrom an estate agents that is opening up in January and they want to interview me in the new year! They say good news comes in 3's, so wonder what else willhappen?
The pure cadence trainers are superb by the way, light, responsive, fit very nicely, its just the big fat lump wearing them that buggers the job up!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.