sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,261 to 63,280 of 67,684 messages
26/12/2012 at 18:23
Hi slack, I had a couple of hours clay pigeon shooting this morning, double rise, like peter wilson in the Olympics. All good fun!
26/12/2012 at 20:16
Glad they were not live ones! Just bad typing Umbongo .. Had quite a sober Christmas .. So far !
26/12/2012 at 20:18
Ran 11 miles on Christmas Eve .. Sort of by mistake ...
26/12/2012 at 20:38
Slack, how did you run 11 miles by mistake?
Re pigeons, sorry, didn't realise that you were vegetarian.
26/12/2012 at 21:35
Hello everyone . Happy Boxing Day. Good RDing Cicero. Ikle v exciting about your knee!

Not much running this week. Will squeeze one in tomorrow before a sister and my mum and co come for lunch. If my back's stopped hurting. I started twingeing when I got in the sea today. Had a fab swim down at Boscombe. Bonkers but such fun. We wore bikinis. I wore antlers and there were lots of santa hats.

26/12/2012 at 21:35
IT started twingeing...
27/12/2012 at 19:25
Yay! I ran today and seem to have survived. 6 miles with 4 miles tempo has done my back the world of good. Let marathon training commence !!!!
27/12/2012 at 19:26
And tomorrow we get our house back. No more visitors )))
27/12/2012 at 22:32
Scott .. Went for run up to Hampstead Heath with two blokes .. Was just going up and back .. Usually about 8 / 9 miles depending on route .. When we got up there one of them .. Bossiness with misplaced confidence in his own sense of direction took us the wrong way to the pond.. B the time we found the pond and then I ad run all the way home it was over 11 miles !
27/12/2012 at 22:33
Glad your back better Lou let the training begin .. Indeed ..
28/12/2012 at 00:50

Indeed...

28/12/2012 at 09:21

"Indeed" indeed...

I am missing the whole training for marathon vibe so will need something else to aim at.

I am, apparently, part of a team doing the Adidas TR24 thing in July so I suppose that needs some attention.

Usual club run last night featured about 6 of us hardcore members. I managed to "whizz" around only to return to the car which had a flat battery. Luckily 3 of the guys were still there to give me a push (just what they wanted!) 

Will fit in one or two more little trots this year just to reach my target of 1000 miles for the year (no great shakes amongst some circles I know) then FOCUS on 2013 as my year for a potential PB-Fest!

There... sorted

28/12/2012 at 14:33

Sorted.

Just bought two new pairs of shoes - one road, one trail. Just wondering whether to christen the trail ones tomorrow.  Am doing the first part of a 15 miler with club friends.  It's 8 miles xc to the first pub then they're pub crawling back to the start. Think I'll get J or AR to pick me up at whatever's closest to 10 miles. I could managed 15 miles but then wouldn't be able to move for a week...

Am starting marathon training in the worst shape!  Right ankle still aching after running, right knee still moaning and left back still twingeing first thing in the morning. What a wreck. Am off to stretch...

28/12/2012 at 15:43

BTW that blatent link to Adidas wasn't intentional - just happened (godamn marketeers)

28/12/2012 at 19:37
AH Hope all ur aches and pains go away. I was sent home from my TRS session this afternoon as too ropey to get thru it. Never before did a 30 second run feel so knackering. Really fed up now of being under the weather... will take tomorrow off of running no parkrun for me tomorrow moop.
29/12/2012 at 01:32

FRC - yes, I think so - race every second or third parkrun. It becomes a moot point shortly anyway as I return to Saturday morning tutoring when the schools go back.

My knee pain has reduced greatly to the point of only having a momentary sensation on Thursday which was in fact with Ikle and Basey's son (I think that's the correct online nomenclature) in Dulwich park. 10k in 50 minutes for me. Friday "today" 8k in 38 minutes, no knee issues whatsoever.

DTF 1000 miles in a year is certainly great shakes in my circle. Just falling short of 500 myself this year as I also did in 2008; those being my highest year totals. Aiming for at least 750 next year.

By the way, the sooner we go metric for everything the better. 100 seconds in a minute, 100 seconds in an hour ... Oh, yes and 100 years in a lifetime as standard

Edited: 29/12/2012 at 01:33
29/12/2012 at 15:35
I am not sure how many miles I have run this year, oh well, something else for me to obsess about in 2013, 25 miles a week on average has got to be doable.... well, now I have my garmin, its nice and easy for me to keep a track of things.
The rain is not abaiting, so looks like I will be a soggy runner by the time I get home! I think that we are having indian take away tonight instead of for new years eve! No booze for the whole of january! I have got my race face on already! Ihave a couple of possibilities job wise for early jan, so fingers crossed. I think that I need to focus and be very goal orientated!
29/12/2012 at 20:55

GWS Ikle.  Bummer about TRS but you are a brave soldier for getting there in the first place!

Did 10 hilly miles with some club mates today in the rain. And stopped at pubs along the way...

29/12/2012 at 21:58
5 miles today, first couple of miles went well.middle mile, ithoght iwas gonna be sick, last mile, I ran listening to meat loafs dead ringer for love, goodness knows howthat end3d up on my ipod?
30/12/2012 at 00:37
They said I could reschedule TRS. Annoying to lose my first week's marathon training to the flu, but hey, Ho. Good for getting out there, Scott. Thinking of you re job.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.