sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,281 to 63,300 of 67,279 messages
28/12/2012 at 15:43

BTW that blatent link to Adidas wasn't intentional - just happened (godamn marketeers)

28/12/2012 at 19:37
AH Hope all ur aches and pains go away. I was sent home from my TRS session this afternoon as too ropey to get thru it. Never before did a 30 second run feel so knackering. Really fed up now of being under the weather... will take tomorrow off of running no parkrun for me tomorrow moop.
29/12/2012 at 01:32

FRC - yes, I think so - race every second or third parkrun. It becomes a moot point shortly anyway as I return to Saturday morning tutoring when the schools go back.

My knee pain has reduced greatly to the point of only having a momentary sensation on Thursday which was in fact with Ikle and Basey's son (I think that's the correct online nomenclature) in Dulwich park. 10k in 50 minutes for me. Friday "today" 8k in 38 minutes, no knee issues whatsoever.

DTF 1000 miles in a year is certainly great shakes in my circle. Just falling short of 500 myself this year as I also did in 2008; those being my highest year totals. Aiming for at least 750 next year.

By the way, the sooner we go metric for everything the better. 100 seconds in a minute, 100 seconds in an hour ... Oh, yes and 100 years in a lifetime as standard

Edited: 29/12/2012 at 01:33
29/12/2012 at 15:35
I am not sure how many miles I have run this year, oh well, something else for me to obsess about in 2013, 25 miles a week on average has got to be doable.... well, now I have my garmin, its nice and easy for me to keep a track of things.
The rain is not abaiting, so looks like I will be a soggy runner by the time I get home! I think that we are having indian take away tonight instead of for new years eve! No booze for the whole of january! I have got my race face on already! Ihave a couple of possibilities job wise for early jan, so fingers crossed. I think that I need to focus and be very goal orientated!
29/12/2012 at 20:55

GWS Ikle.  Bummer about TRS but you are a brave soldier for getting there in the first place!

Did 10 hilly miles with some club mates today in the rain. And stopped at pubs along the way...

29/12/2012 at 21:58
5 miles today, first couple of miles went well.middle mile, ithoght iwas gonna be sick, last mile, I ran listening to meat loafs dead ringer for love, goodness knows howthat end3d up on my ipod?
30/12/2012 at 00:37
They said I could reschedule TRS. Annoying to lose my first week's marathon training to the flu, but hey, Ho. Good for getting out there, Scott. Thinking of you re job.
30/12/2012 at 11:20

Final run of the year done - 7.7miles just nudges me over my target for 2012 

Have great Great New Year celebrations everyone!

30/12/2012 at 12:51

Hello all

My highest miles ever this year 1232. Just back from my first proper Comrades training run. 3 big hills that I walked but happy with 25k in 2.17 (all runs KM from here). But main reason is

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

30/12/2012 at 14:45

Great stuff MArtin and Dave.  Glad they're letting you resched, Ikle.  Scott - did that track help or hinder?!

At the moment I'm still in pjs, watching Olympic highlights with the kids.  Sorry not to be outside today but did a long run yesterday so ok to rest today... although I need to do a swim....  And could do some core... Anyway, I have a sort of cough thing so need to see if a day off can get rid of it. I am not remotely ill, just cough about twice a day.

That'll be my challenge for this bout of marathon training - I have a biggish swim challenge two weeks after Brighton so have to keep the swimming up - and proper sessions in the pool, not mucking about in the sea once a week.  Still. It's good cross training, eh?

30/12/2012 at 15:39
Ohhh, will read back what's up with Ikle ?

I have done some hills, running & walking over the Xmas period but also tons of lovely food.

Ribble 10k today going for sub 40, course described as fast & flat ? Errr no. Fast field but not flat. Also cold & drizzling rain, with wind against & across you.

25-30 seconds off target in first 2k even... And only one Km under 4min after 6 km. So way down time wise but kept going, getting faster somehow.. Last 3km were painful .. sub 6 pace on last mile somehow, even with hill. Close to sub 40?

39:57 !

Will read back what everyone has been doing. Knackered.

Oh, doing a marathon tomorrow. Very slowly
30/12/2012 at 16:00

FRC- Amazing time. Slowly ???????????????????????????????????????????? Good luck anyway

30/12/2012 at 17:40
Ahh.. Panther legs is back! Great run. Thought had done a second PB in so many weeks with serpentine 5 km on Friday .. 24.45 but just seen in my book of times last July 2011 did 23 min something at a race for life at Blackheath ! It was hot too.. Still I was 2nd Vet 50 lady on Friday ..... Not sure how many they were.

Awesome mileage Dave and you Martin... Prob done that total in my life ha ha ..

Get well soon Ickle .. AH oil those creaky bits ! I did 8 today slowly .... Onwards and upwards ...
30/12/2012 at 17:56
AH, surprisingly, listening to meatloaf helped...
I just had a big plate of pasta and bolognese, in readiness for long run tomorrow!
31/12/2012 at 17:17

Quick post to say HAPPY NEW YEAR all! 

Still running of sorts after 6 weeks of chest infection then head cold from early November to mid December, but luckily have been fit and healthy (touch wood) for whole of Christmas and New Year which is unusual for me. No races booked or planned but might have a look around for a 10K in February/March to get back in the saddle. Far too busy socially for any major training so sticking to what I said after VLM 2012 of 'no more Marathons'.

All the best for 2013 and whatever it holds - especially Smeags who is tying the knot next year - and hope to meet up with some/all of you again sometime in 2013.

31/12/2012 at 18:54
Happy new year folks!
My 14 mile run to my mums turned out to be 14.7, that spiced things up a bit! Oh and the last mile was all up hill! Reminded me of mile 24 of chester!!!
Ran most of it sub 8.45.
Last mile was a bit tough, loved it though, managed to stay in front of the rain.
31/12/2012 at 20:08

Happy New Year when it comes. Just done my last run of 2012. Would like to say it will be a quiet night tonight but as we are hosting Hogmanay Party that may be difficult!!! Not sure I will be up in time for Park Run at 10 a.m. Roll on 2013.

31/12/2012 at 20:30
Hi folks, did my 14 miler to my mums today, turned out it was 14.5, the last mile wasup hill, all at sub 9 minute pace, mostly 8.30, I reckon I can do Bath half sub1.45, you read it here first!
Also, def gonna smash 1000 miles next year!!!!!!!
31/12/2012 at 22:57
Marathon today after the tough 10k yesterday .., very slow & steady didn't quite go to plan, ran by heart rate sub 145 and felt good till about 17 miles then legs tightened up, slowed down and needed to stop & stretch quads & hammies 3-4 times. Also a good 90 minutes of pouring rain and soaked through, needed to change. Finished in 3h 50 so good as back to back training.

End the year on 1730 miles, almost 500 more than last. Fab year too.

Happy New Year Everyone, hope you stay fit & healthy and achieve whatever you wish for,
31/12/2012 at 23:03
Good running FRC!
Edited: 31/12/2012 at 23:04
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.