sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,461 to 63,480 of 67,531 messages
12/01/2013 at 21:21

Ikle - so exciting to hear how TRS is going. Sounds like you're doing a great job.

Got muddy today at xc in Bournemouth.  Actually it didn't rain during the race but suffice to say I turned up in full oilskins beforehand.  The great thing is I had a great race - felt SO much better than last week when I was def under the weather. AND today's run was only two days since since my epic 14 miler.  Maybe I've turned a corner. Am not coughing any more either

How glamorous is this group with people jetting off to Peru, Mexico and Morocco. I'm going back to Bournemouth in the morning for a swim. We're doing some publicity photos on the beach for our various fundraising campaigns.

12/01/2013 at 21:26

UmB - bummer about your calf.  Have you still got your bike set up on a turbo in your bat cave? (Was it a bat cave?  It was a something cave...)

Just so you know  I'm going to be raising dosh for three charities. Am going to use Virgin Money Giving because it'll let me collect for three charities through one site.  Am just waiting to hear whether the last of my charities will fork out the £100 registration fee...  Obv it won't be just me that will then be able to use VMG but it's a bit awkward asking.  The other charity I had to ask was brilliant and said of course and let's go out for coffee and cake to discuss it. Lovely people.

12/01/2013 at 21:50

Hi all - long time no see! Been on a bit of a lull since mid December.  Nothing too much to report - plodding along but have bene quite tired the last few weeks. I did sneak a 5KM PB which is quite a relief as the last 3 weeks I've felt very sluggish. I was almost sick at the end though!  Have had a trapped nerve in my neck over Christmas/New Year but thankfully that seems to have almost gone now - was quite scary at the time - I thought I was having a strike as had a numb arm and hand on one side! Will read back and catch up..

Am off to do XC tomorrow and Tutu will be there (on registration not running!) - only a coupel of weeks or so until there will be a mini Tutu! I dont really like Xc but Tutu has assured me its a nice friendly event and has all speeds there so here's hoping.

12/01/2013 at 21:52

Hope everyone off on their hollibobs has a fab time. 

12/01/2013 at 21:52

oops - that would be a stroke and not a strike!

12/01/2013 at 22:31
Will drinking lots of sparkling mineral water make me dehydrated? I have drunk about 2.5 litres today and am parched, no booze this year, so what else could it be?
13/01/2013 at 09:41
12 miles done. Funny pain in back of left buttock almost debilitating by end. Bum. (geddit?)
13/01/2013 at 16:07

Might to back to first physio. Sport's physio near where I work. Get a massage. And a diagnosis? It's bothersome more than anything. I guess it could be muscular...

13/01/2013 at 16:09

Scott, according to the Internet (that knows everything) sparkling water should be just effective at quenching thirst as still water.

13/01/2013 at 17:33
Thanks ikle, not sure why I am so thirsty then....
I went off road and hilly today! 6 miles, almost an hour, nearly killed me! Really enjoyed it! Got in trouble with mrs d for coming home dirty as well as smelly.
13/01/2013 at 19:56

Hello all.  Gosh - yes, Tutu must be due, soon. 

Looks like Susan's having a great time in Morocco.

Had an amazing swim this morning.  A great run yesterday and a wonderful swim today. Such a relief to feel energetic again rather than knackered and labouring.  A combination of shedding the lurgy and some training starting to kick in, perhaps. What a relief!

Ikle - keep the faith - it'll prob be somethign to do with your new running style bedding in. Am sure you'll be ok.

13/01/2013 at 20:46

Saw Tutu briefly this morning - great to see her but it was much briefer than I'd hoped. She was on registration duties so unfortunately couldnt talk for too long before the race and afetrwards the person giving me a lift wanted to get home ASAP so I didnt manage to chat.  However I cna report Tutu is looking fab and glowing. 

13/01/2013 at 21:23

Cant believe Tu-Tu is due. Time goes so fast

Well done Lou, keep going

Work this  weekend so no running but light week ahead anyway. 38 miles last week biggest for a long time

14/01/2013 at 10:59

Haha, weird to pop in and find you talking about me! 4 weeks and counting so nearly due but hopefully not just yet. Yes it was a real shame we couldn't talk properly yesterday Jovi but lovely to see you anyway and hope you enjoyed the race, I've not looked at the results yet.

Hope everyone is well. Those off on foreign travels, enjoy!

I'm off work now - aahhh lovely - so may well pop in a little more frequently and try and actually get my head round who is training for what and what you are all up to. It will get me excited at the idea that I can run again in the not too distant future, yippee! I've really really missed it. But it's strange to think I have absolutely no idea how it will be when the little one arrives in terms of time / sleep / desire to leave the house without him/her! (I wish newborns were allowed in running buggies, boo)

14/01/2013 at 11:40

It won't be long before you can runningbuggy it, Tutu! What fun! Lovely to 'see' you... =)

14/01/2013 at 12:08

Hello Tutu! I put you on my list of things to do after yesterday's posting.  So how old do they have to be buggy-proof?  How is Mr Tutu? SHould think he's beside himself with excitement!

Feeling smug. Just done a sort of Yasso session - but on the road. 6 x 4 mins with 4 min jog recoveries.  Covered 7 miles in 1hr 2 mins.  Not bad for an old dog. The timing's all wrong for me to do it with the club tomorrow night and I'm nervous of running round and round to do it - even on grass.  Silly because running on the road is probably worse - but at least it#s straight so there are no bends to irritate decrepit knees.

The snow has all melted here, although it still feels snowy and is lovely and cold for running. 10 miles from here apparently it's like The Day After Tomorrow according to one friend who gave up trying to get to work near Guildford.

Jovi - have you entered the  York mara?

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 12:10
14/01/2013 at 12:20

Well done, Old Dog! I have a 1 mile time trial in my training this week - whatever that is!

14/01/2013 at 15:19
Well done old Dog. I am just mostly lying by the pool ... Rest days I think they are called
14/01/2013 at 15:20
Oh and hello Tutu .. Lovely to see you.
14/01/2013 at 16:35

Wondered who OId Dog was there for a min...

Ikle - a time trial is just going as fast as you can for x distance. I bet they'll get you to repeat it a couple of times during your programme so you can see you're getting faster.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.