sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,501 to 63,520 of 67,712 messages
16/01/2013 at 17:37

Lost a post.  Think there may be a few cancelled races this weekend...

I did 15.5 miles today. Sore knees now cos had to stay on road, but what a beautiful day to run. Happy with pace - smidge faster than last week's 14 on a more undulating route.  Didn't feel dead at the end. But I can feel the road in my legs.  Most of the tracks round here are too rutted and frozen and ankle breaky to run on at the mo.

Another week's long run done.

16/01/2013 at 18:57

AH, your mileage for long run is nice and high already isn't it? I've done 12 as my longest so far, and at the weekend it goes back to 10.

Just letting my dinner go down before going out for hilly 5 miler in the dark. Yummy! And my legs still ache from the gym yesterday. I did that thing (don't know name) when you put your leg in TRX straps low and make a press up shape then bring your knees in up to your chest. 3 sets of 12. Horrid. First gym session of the year. Couldn't fit in the pump session yesterday because of all the New Year's Resolution peeps booking in. Darn it. Did a 4 mile run on tread mill too. What a bore!

16/01/2013 at 19:15

FRC - very kind re offer of sponsorship.  All my charities have agreed to register with Virgin Money Giving... but apparently it'll take 2 weeks for all the checks/validations to go through.  But I will def have the begging bowl out one day in the not too distant future

16/01/2013 at 22:49

Ikle, get with the lingo . Atomic press up.

3 sets of 12 is a lot... you'd be very tired. We do 30 - 40 seconds of them 15 seconds rest then onto another exercise. There is a one minute fitness test to see how many you can do... very hard. Tough on the glutes also so be careful.

AH, good they are joining up to Virgin. Long runs looking good for you.

Got email from weekend race organisers.. "If we can get to the start line and the marshals can get to where they should be then it will be on. Walking in up to 6-9” of fresh snow is possible."

Wonder if its worth getting some of those Yak Trak or similar things.

Edited: 16/01/2013 at 22:49
16/01/2013 at 22:53
Yes AH ramping up the miles .. My longest still 11 miles on Christmas Eve ! Don't worry Ickle. Did six slow miles yesterday in Morocco along the road sides much Exhaust fumes! Back now to freezing Blighty, got burnt and prickly heated legs ! Nice... Work tomorrow and a ten miler Sunday ... Best get some miles in soon ..
16/01/2013 at 23:14

Thanks FRC I feel more heroic now.

I'm really happy with my training so far. Apart from when I was sick, I've completely stuck to it so far and done nearly 4 weeks out of the 16. I am completely overrun at work though. What with work, MA, French learning and marathon training I've got no time for anything. Just listened to the first episode of a beginners' French CD so that's why I'm still awake. Work entirely bonkers and have been on a 2 day course this week about Approach training for children (how to NOT get punched in the mouth training!) Night all!

17/01/2013 at 07:38
Go go Ickle......
17/01/2013 at 10:09

mcs
17/01/2013 at 12:07

Freezing here and running into work had to be fast to stay alive.....got to dash home at five that will be another speedy run in the great Speedcross 3s which I bought at the right time great for the snow on the trail, ice not great but nothing is apart from crampons. More snow due here in the Peak District tonight. Stay safe a customer of mine broke her wrist on Monday night slipping over.

17/01/2013 at 20:00
We have had snow here in lincs for a few days, which hasn't been to bad to run on, but noe its icy, its awful! So I haven't been out for a run today! Feeling guilty though!
17/01/2013 at 20:16
I'm meant to be doing a marathon coaching course with Mara Yamaouchi as the speaker. Wonder if it'll go ahead?
17/01/2013 at 20:27
AH, when is it?
17/01/2013 at 21:18
AH, is he who the marathon was named after?! I'm so hilarious.
17/01/2013 at 22:51
Ikle even I know Mara is top female British runner.

Hope it goes ahead AH. Is this a paid gig or sport England thing?

No snow here yet , its trying but just sleet. News seems to expect the whole country to come to a standstill.. Almost want us to struggle and stay at home ?

Hope everyone well. Waiting to see the Lance interview.
Edited: 17/01/2013 at 22:53
17/01/2013 at 23:31
Where is the training AH ? Am meant tobe going to a Full Potential training day Saturday in central London... And 10 mile race Sunday .. All snow permitting I guess. Just seen Les Mis ... Cracking ....
mcs
18/01/2013 at 09:53

A little snow here but nothing like 2010, ran down the trail to work making the first prints apart from the odd animal prints, foxes and badgers drag........its snowing now but nothing too heavy here.  Hope all can stay safe dont run on ice. A customer of mine broke her wrist on Monday slipping on the ice. Be careful out there.

18/01/2013 at 10:21

Managed to run yesterday, although some of the paths were icy. Just started snowing here, mainly sleet at the moment, but it could put a damper on tomorrow's long run. Babysitting on Sunday, so had to change long run to Saturday, but looking after our grand daughter is brilliant, so won't feel guilty if we miss it. Might try and get a 11 miler in on Monday if we can't run on Saturday. Hope everyone stays safe over the next few days. Take care.

18/01/2013 at 16:32

Gloucester cancelled, First time ever had it happen but no choice. Looks like its me at the treadmill this weekend but not for 50K

18/01/2013 at 17:03

Running not going to plan !0 k today 70 mins??

May not make 4 villages FRC Snow horrid here I would hate to be 2+ hours for a half.

18/01/2013 at 17:35
Lo65 Think they are doing a walk of the course tomorrow morning. Early decision.
Think I'd wear trail shoes . Wallasey red top if it on.

Hebden Bridge not cancelled yet and a few inches of snow only . we start at 8 and should be lot of fun. I have a few layers, so will be well wrapped up.
Currently sat in front of a wood burning stove in hotel, looking at the restaurant menu for tonight...
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.