sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,521 to 63,540 of 67,247 messages
17/01/2013 at 22:51
Ikle even I know Mara is top female British runner.

Hope it goes ahead AH. Is this a paid gig or sport England thing?

No snow here yet , its trying but just sleet. News seems to expect the whole country to come to a standstill.. Almost want us to struggle and stay at home ?

Hope everyone well. Waiting to see the Lance interview.
Edited: 17/01/2013 at 22:53
17/01/2013 at 23:31
Where is the training AH ? Am meant tobe going to a Full Potential training day Saturday in central London... And 10 mile race Sunday .. All snow permitting I guess. Just seen Les Mis ... Cracking ....
mcs
18/01/2013 at 09:53

A little snow here but nothing like 2010, ran down the trail to work making the first prints apart from the odd animal prints, foxes and badgers drag........its snowing now but nothing too heavy here.  Hope all can stay safe dont run on ice. A customer of mine broke her wrist on Monday slipping on the ice. Be careful out there.

18/01/2013 at 10:21

Managed to run yesterday, although some of the paths were icy. Just started snowing here, mainly sleet at the moment, but it could put a damper on tomorrow's long run. Babysitting on Sunday, so had to change long run to Saturday, but looking after our grand daughter is brilliant, so won't feel guilty if we miss it. Might try and get a 11 miler in on Monday if we can't run on Saturday. Hope everyone stays safe over the next few days. Take care.

18/01/2013 at 16:32

Gloucester cancelled, First time ever had it happen but no choice. Looks like its me at the treadmill this weekend but not for 50K

18/01/2013 at 17:03

Running not going to plan !0 k today 70 mins??

May not make 4 villages FRC Snow horrid here I would hate to be 2+ hours for a half.

18/01/2013 at 17:35
Lo65 Think they are doing a walk of the course tomorrow morning. Early decision.
Think I'd wear trail shoes . Wallasey red top if it on.

Hebden Bridge not cancelled yet and a few inches of snow only . we start at 8 and should be lot of fun. I have a few layers, so will be well wrapped up.
Currently sat in front of a wood burning stove in hotel, looking at the restaurant menu for tonight...
18/01/2013 at 17:59

Martin - gutted to hear Glucester 50K cancelled.  How is the snow down your neck of the woods?  could be nice snowy run along the canal?  

FRC - enjoy the wood burning stove and pre race meal. Hope all goes well tomorrow - look forward to hearing all about it.

mcs - sounds like a great way to start the day

I've just entered a spring marathon on 21 April......no, not London - Thesaloniki in Greece - easyjet just started flying there from Manchester so cost of our flights and hotel less than the hotel was last time I ran London!  Plan is three nights in Thessaloniki and the a quck pop down to our apartment for another 3 nights. So excited - just hope it isn't too warm!

Edited: 18/01/2013 at 18:00
18/01/2013 at 20:09

Wendy- Grantham not to bad 5cm but still snowing. Have friends in Wales who say its terrible. They are going to re-schedule for later in the year but probably not going to work for me. Im on holiday next week so if it clears may  go long (26.2?) but not looking forward to it

Sounds great, your marathon in Greece and the same price. Still would like to do Athens one day

18/01/2013 at 20:23

Yes Wendy, sounds exciting. I've laid my one mile time trial to rest and wonder if I'll be able to or want to run tomorrow. Supposed to do 5 miles and a long run (10) on Sunday. We'll see. Working on MA on a Friday night. There's a sorry (and cold) state of affairs.

18/01/2013 at 20:43
Well, todays run was challenging! 6.5 miles, snowing side ways, -3 degrees, luckily running on snownot ice! All ,
My long tights are in the washing so went out in shorts! Very bracing!
18/01/2013 at 20:49

Is it safe to run on snow? Because it seems soft at the moment, but I thought maybe it would be slippy? I really need to run tomorrow and Sunday if at all possible, but don't want to take any risks.

18/01/2013 at 20:51

Ikle - running ion snow in trail shoes is fab - I love it - much harder work but great fun.  not so fun if there's a blizzard but once the blizzard stops it's great.

18/01/2013 at 21:09
Ikle, I would agree with Jovi, trail shoes are essential, but its great fun, I wish I had worn some glasses though to sropthe snow going straight in my eyes!
18/01/2013 at 21:28

I don't have any trail shoes and I'm utterly skint! I think I'm going to have to go on the treadmill tomorrow and see how it is on Sunday...

18/01/2013 at 21:53
My trail shoes were only about ??35, from sports direct, so mot mega expensive, any thing to avoid the dread mill!
18/01/2013 at 22:35

Hello people, new people... Just been busy... And badly affected by lady-hormones - but I've got something from the GP to try for that, and feel much better already, happier at least. 

Traning for Malta has not been going super well - last two long runs were cut short by 4 & 12 miles respectively - combination of the cold, cold weather and m*n*p**s*l misery. Mind you last year the dog died and most of my long runs were squished into a gap in late Jan/early Feb so whatevs hey!

Have Yaktrax but is still slow going out. V.  Grateful I bought that 2nd hand treadmill off a colleague last year! I try not to think about how it probably reads much faster than I am really going! 

Also - paying the Fat Tax! On bright side - not injured or sick yet, and neither is Alex the dog, despite being a parkrun regular now (people love to warm their hands on him afterwards! )

AH - glad I am not the only one doing the miles in double -figure pace

19/01/2013 at 10:39
Hello Fido .. Good to see you, sorry you have been suffering, the menopause can be awful , I suffered over a year and half, terrible sleep, the hot flushes and awful anxiety, been on HRT for 9 months now, changed my life.

Martin, sorry about your run. Have not heard if my 10 miler in St Albans cancelled but have woken with awful cough and tight chest .. Just what two of the girls got in Morocco so my sensible side says stay in bed and get better . ????? Running will prob make it worse ? But my panicking "my longest run is still 11miles on Christmas Eve" side is panicking and thinking I am way behind .... Help !
19/01/2013 at 11:22
Yes stay in bed and get better Susan, that's an order. ???? just wave goodbye to your lost run and don't worry about it.
19/01/2013 at 11:23
I'm not sure where those multiple question marks came from...
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.