sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,541 to 63,560 of 66,921 messages
19/01/2013 at 12:55
19/01/2013 at 12:56
Ah thanks Ickle ... TOTP a good sign ..
19/01/2013 at 14:47

Helsby half(4 villages) cancelled. So long run on the Wirral way tomorrow instead.

Started my intervals this week.

19/01/2013 at 17:42

Susan - I'd def say stay in bed and have arest day tomorrow.

LO65 - good to hear intervals underway.

Fido - great to hear from you and sorry to hear about all the ladies problems - I hope the docs meds help to make things better. there's still loads of time to build up long runs before a spring marathon so I wouldn't panic yet.

My race (Brass Monkey half) has also been cancelled. I'm quite relieved really as I'm not keen on the race and only do it as its in our club championship. As an alternative I've been invited out with a mate and his (all male) run group tomorrow for a 15 mile off road run. Four  of 5 of them are sub 3 marathoners.  They have absolutely assured me the pace will be very very steady and I'll be able to keep up - I hope so as I seem to have been tired on a lot of my runs in the last couple of weeks! Still, I'm not going to turn down the chance  to spend a few hours with a group of handsome men in lycra!

19/01/2013 at 18:21

Jovi - 

The pills started to make me feel better within an hour, no lie. 

Susan - bummer but if you are sick you are sick...

Abingdon parkrun happened for the first time in ages today, covered in snow but passable. Not a big turnout - I got first (possibly only) lady in my age group & best ever gender position, 7th...out of 8! Ha. Nice to be back on home turf.

My first spring marathon is in five weeks so long runs would be good! Can't see that happening tomorrow but next weekend is supposed to be mild.

For all the new people, I'm another of the ladies with a certain maturity who on a good day hit the four hour mark once but hasn't made a habit of it. Having another bash this year but a long way to go from where I am now...still, never try, never find out, eh?

19/01/2013 at 18:51
Get well susan

hello fido good to see you back

got rid of some frustration tonight on the dreadmill. Think I would have run well in gloucester. O well
19/01/2013 at 19:28
Did a bloody speedy 10 km Martin ... Awesome
19/01/2013 at 19:55

Susan - was it the Fred Hughes 10 you were doing?  There is something on FETCH to say that the race has been cancelled.

19/01/2013 at 21:46
Yes got a text earlier, was never going to happen. Can't do it anyway the way I feel. Hey ho
19/01/2013 at 22:05

Susan - hope you're feeling better soon and fight off the dreaded lurgy.  Have you ever done the Serpies Last Friday of the month race?  there is an outsidde chance I'm going to be in London on Good Friday (potential gig on the night before) and wondered what its like - flat? I might just enter anyway as it's only £2. the last time I entered I ended up with an invite to the Jon bon Jovi quesiton & answer session thing so didnt make it so quite fancy giving it a go.

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 22:07
19/01/2013 at 22:20
Yes did it for the first time at end of December, flat as a pancake, very friendly, will try and do it if am around. Was 2nd vet 50 lady in Dec
20/01/2013 at 09:53

10 mile snowy run with TGR. CHECK! SO much fun running on the edge of Epping Forest and skidding along by the river. Lovin' it.

20/01/2013 at 10:32
Well done Ickle .. I was meant to be doing exactly that but I appear to be in bed still ...
20/01/2013 at 17:52
Wrll folks, 6 runs this week, a total of 36 miles, so quite pleasedwith that, taking into account the weather! Bath half on march 3rd, I should be ready. I need to focus my training though, I just seem to be concentrating on putting in the miles......
20/01/2013 at 19:18

I survived my 15 miles with the fast guys - just!  Fantastic run - hills, snow, mud and forests. I was delightede to see another lady turn up but she peeled off after about 5 miles as she had to go to work. However, she is a 19 minute 5K runner so even she was much speedier than me - and about 25 years younger!  I was managing to keep up with the fast guys until about 9 miles when we came to a rare flat section.  It was a gorgeous snowy section through a beautiful river valley.  The guys had been going at a manageable pace (if faster than I'd usually do a long run) until that point but they went a bit mad on the flat section and I found myself running through the snow at close to my half marahton race pace - I think that did for me.  Last couple of miles I was hanging on for grim death and my calfs wanted to murder me. They assured me at the end they were impressed I'd kept up and said they looked forward to running again so hopefully I put up a decent enough showing to be invited back! and as my mate's wife said - what doesn't kill you and all that!

20/01/2013 at 19:41
Good running jovi, I now feel like a sloth like wimp!
20/01/2013 at 19:51
I've done 4 plus 5 plus 4 plus 10 this week which makes 23 if I'm not mistaken. I've only recently gone into the 20s. Exciting! Didn't have any pain after today's run either. Just slightly tight at top of left ham that's all...
20/01/2013 at 19:52

Scott - not at all.  As I'm planning another ultra and a few marahtons this year I'm having to start building the mileage up now. I'm also very competetive and would rather collapse than admit I couldn't keep up and ask them to slow down

20/01/2013 at 19:53

Ikle - great to hear no post run pain - long may it continue! 23 miles is a great milage this early in marahton training - that's 100 miles a month which is fab.

Edited: 20/01/2013 at 19:53
20/01/2013 at 20:17

Jovi, Thanks for the encouragement. And well done for your run. I can't believe I didn't win the 'most heroic' competition! Today's run in the snow was the most fun I've ever done!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.