sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,561 to 63,580 of 67,962 messages
mcs
22/01/2013 at 09:54

Plenty of snow here, ran a five miler with daughter this am on the trail got some nice pics on the Monsal Head Viaduct then through the tunnel down to work. Hard work running in the snow, toughens you up I guess!!!  As I type a little robin is looking through the window at me as I have a couple of feeders on the window and he is trying to keep the blue tits away. Time for some work I guess.

22/01/2013 at 10:18

susan - great to hear you on the recovery road.

AH - meant to say - loved the snowy swimming cossie pics - bonkers but admiration for you!

Dave - welcome back to the frozen UK! good to hear you had a fun run

mcs - sounds a great run. 

I was snowbound at home yesterday so did a very steady 5 miles out and about around our village - as msc says, hard going in the snow but absoutely fab run - so peaceful under a blanket of snow. Made it out of the village today so back in work. No running for me today as ran most days in the last 7 and I am in desperate need of a rest.

and in other exciting news (drum roll) - my best mate who I do all the Jovi shows with has won us VIP guest list tix for a small intimate Radio 2 gig at the BBC Radio Theatre on thursday night - to say I am excited is probably the udnerstatemnt of the century!!!  

mcs
22/01/2013 at 11:45

Jovi shows?? Intrigued?? More information please

22/01/2013 at 11:56

Raining... yuk!

mcs
22/01/2013 at 14:34

Freezing still here!!

22/01/2013 at 19:21

mcs - they're doing a small show for the BBC at BBC Radio Theatre - you could apply via a BBC ballott (200 tickets available) and the fanclub also had a competition.  My friend won the fanclub tickets which are guest list entries so we go in with the VIPs & execs! Just checked t'internet and it says max capacity is 425 so its going to be a pretty intimate show - only ever seen them in arenas or stadiums so really looking forward to it - show number 51 here I come!. As you may have guessed by my board name - Bon Jovi is my other obsesssion!

Edited: 22/01/2013 at 19:24
22/01/2013 at 20:18
Jovi that really does sound amazing. You must be beside yourself. I'm surer you already know he's on the One Show tomorrow?
22/01/2013 at 20:41
Wow Jovi how cool!

Am feeling better just got a very runny nose now ! Also trying to push to the back of my mnd how few long runs I have done and hope i Still have it in me .. Got Watford half a week Sunday .. On the back of pretty much nil long runs ... Oooops. Parliament hill cross country cancelled on Saturday .. Will try a long run instead ....it's ll in the mind isn't it?
22/01/2013 at 20:42
All in the mind I should say ...
22/01/2013 at 21:05

Susan - am sureyou'll be OK - with having done a lot of marthons you'll definitely have a lot of latent long run fitness.

Yes, knew Jon was on One Show - we also applied for audience tix for that but didnt get those a few of my friends are going.  They are over doing promo for the tour in the summer. I'm beside myself with excitment re Thursday night!

23/01/2013 at 10:32

morning

Well done on the tickets wendy. Have you decided about TP50? I know you said no but ???????????????? Sure you would be OK

Susan Agree You will be fine All those years running count for something!

Great run Mr & Mrs FRC

Still to bad to run on the paths here in Lincs so me and the TM becoming friends NOT but never mind. With half an eye on TR did 2 x 10k yesterday AM/evening. Both sub 50 and done in different ways First 1 same pace all way second progressive. Despite being 2nd run of the day found it easier. Hope to get out Thursday (Im on holiday not sure if thats good/bad?)

23/01/2013 at 12:38

Cautiously happy about my first proper tempo run of the Brighton campaign. In fact first proper tempo run for EVER.  Cross country races have been the closest I've got recently.

AAAANyway - did 7 miles with 5 miles at tempo.  Was aiming for 8.30s and achieved that into the wind for the first half. Then turned round and came home at 7.57, 7.56.  Suffice to say that's easily within the FIRST target tempo pace for sub 4.

23/01/2013 at 14:36

Wendy - have you really seen Bon Jovi 51 times?? Perhaps you should be on the One Show with him! 

Nice run Hen, defo within FIRST pace...

I went out last night in the dark, freezing wetness of New Milton. It was surprisingly windy, wasn't expecting that... led a small group of 3 (inc. me) on an abridged route of 4 miles. Gentle build up then sprinted back to the club so I could thaw out.

Missed on of my Jantastic runs last week (doh) but will get back on track this week of course. 

Still umm-ing & arr-ing about an Autumn marathon - quite fancy Chester again if I do one. Must admit Bullock looks pretty unlikely really, at least this year.

What other Autumn options are there?

Also, anyone around in London Town on Feb 6th for a quick snifter at the Railway? 

23/01/2013 at 16:02

Sorry Dave - am out for a posh lunch with a school friend for her birthday that day. (Tonia, Susan.)  Well done for getting out in the wind and rain after being in sunnier climes.

Does your autumn mara have to be in the UK?

23/01/2013 at 16:02

What about Abingdon.  Not a million miles from you.

23/01/2013 at 18:00

Well, closer than Chester, anyway.

23/01/2013 at 20:04

I am doing Chester !

Just watched Bon Jovi on the one show, now I understand what Jovi is on about

23/01/2013 at 20:05
Do Luton with me and the girls November Dave!

Blimey speedy Hen .. Won't be seeing you for dust in Brighton ..
23/01/2013 at 20:51

Just checking 2 marathons this year Susan

23/01/2013 at 21:32
See you in chester LO65!
I fancy doing another marathon may/june time, something not to far away...... any ideas on one near the middle of the country? (England, that is).
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.