sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,581 to 63,600 of 67,839 messages
23/01/2013 at 22:16

http://www.enigmarunning.co.uk/

23/01/2013 at 22:19

Foxy has one in June....

23/01/2013 at 22:44

D the F, I think I would be up for that. Just need to check the diary...

Did fun running school this evening. Penultimate one, which I did with another guy. Who had an EMF tee shirt on. Darn him. Those tee shirts are following me around. There was a guy wearing one at Parkrun the other day and I was like DNF! Did Not Finish! Mooooop!

But I worked hard and really paid attention to heel, mid foot (ie ball) toes (little and big) placement one after the other on both feet. Sounds silly and obvious but I'm trying to eradicate my final detail of running issue, which is a noticeable but slight swing out in the right foot which leaves me with a pretty much permanent blister on the inside of the ball of my right foot and, I'm pretty certain, problematic knees. I think that's where it all came from at the outset. I have a 13 mile run on Sunday. That should sort out the man feet from the boy feet. Anxious!

Have to do a 7 mile hilly run tomorrow night too. Shame I'm already knackered. Having a snow day on Monday has really killed the rest of the week. Would like to go to bed now, as am knackered but need to do some college/school work before I'm allowed.

23/01/2013 at 22:45

Ps Basey (manfriend) has an interview tomorrow for a really cool job at Imperial College. I pray that he gets it!

23/01/2013 at 23:44
Ikle, if you're tired now, doing a tough run tomorrow not a great idea surely? (no airplane gags please).
Tired legs, maybe affect your form and bang those EMF unfriendly knees a bit.

Once TRS ends, have you got an iPad or iPhone? There is a great app for comparing 2 videos in slow motion side by side called Uber sense. Very good for swimming, golf, baseball, running - any action/ key movement so you could check a bit, maybe ask Basey (good luck!).

Got back home tonight, Aga completely off, so very chilly. Emergency gas people out to check supply... fault on the cooker side. Thankfully got the central heating side going but not full strength. Wood burning stove on as backup.

With waiting for gas people, didn't expect to get to gym but just made speed/strength session dropped off by a very frustrated Mrs FRC, not very happy with me going. She had agreed to very light runs or yoga only this week but saying if you can... ? Think she maybe having an attack of the Munchies after the weekend too, and trying not to eat anything carby.

Advice anyone? I keep telling her recovery is important but hard work!

AH, did you see Mara Yamuchi retired from serious marathon running? Shame you didn't get to do the event with her.
Edited: 24/01/2013 at 00:45
24/01/2013 at 08:02
Luton sounds absolutely divine...

I'll check it out
24/01/2013 at 08:26

Scott I am doing Brathay Windermere Marathon in May.

24/01/2013 at 13:41

Yes, I did see Mara retired.  And yes, it was such a shame not to have met her .

I feel your Aga pain, too, FRC. Your wife's plan of yoga and light runs this week sounds good to me.

Keep the faith, Ikle.  So hope you've got to the nub of the issue. How long do they say it'll take to perfect/solidify your new gait?  Can you go back for check ups?

24/01/2013 at 13:42

What does Basey do, Ikle?  Am guessing he's some sort of academic?

24/01/2013 at 14:42

the Yoga / 1-2 light runs at most was my plan   Getting resistance from the Mrs now though. .. wanting to do more circuits and more runs... sure we've all felt good after a run but injuries can sneak up on you very quickly.

Mrs FRC usually only runs 15 miles a week (4/ 5/ 6-8)... has sneaked up to 18-25 an odd week with longer runs for this event.

Noone else get the attack of Munchies (craving food) after big runs/ events?

24/01/2013 at 17:31

Definitely usually want to eat loads after a long event/run. Wierdly, I didn't after last week's long run.

24/01/2013 at 19:22
Please don't say ONLY 15 miles a week. It's still quite a few miles and than I have been doing of late !
24/01/2013 at 19:23
Wanting to eat loads and have not even ONLY done 15 miles ... It's called WINTER ....
24/01/2013 at 19:27
LO65, I will have a look at windemere
24/01/2013 at 20:19
Question, I am doing Bath Half on march 3rd, my running buddy, that is training for london wants me to do a 20 mile training run on february 3rd, am I doing too much, too close to my half marathon, I am wanting to smash my pb at Bath, but don't want overly tired legs. 20 miler will be at my marathon pace, just sub 9 minute mile pace. Any advice greatfully recieved.....
24/01/2013 at 20:57

Ikle - if you're free for a tequila or two then that would be excellent!

Abingdon, Luton, Chester... choices choices

Scott - sounds fine to me - in fact ideal, as long as you do something else in between

Great training tonight. Bloody cold, but at least dry. I felt wheezy beforehand (still blaming Mexico City smog). Stormed around just under 5 miles at ave. 7.20 pace (splits 7.43 7.29 7.04 7.15 7.17) 

Interesting huh?

24/01/2013 at 22:19
Fascinati... N ....... g. Zzzzzz sorry dropped off Dave .. Much more interesting what date was it you are in town for a tequila ? May just join you ...
24/01/2013 at 22:41

6th Feb. I hope to be there.

Thanks FRC for good advice. I did not run today. And going to bed late (12:15 am) SO not a good idea. I basically wept for a great portion of the day. In that 'All have my family have been slain' type way that was really not warranted over having to resend a form.

Basey is applying to be a senior fellow, I do believe. He's a sort of lecturer type. Gymnast turned academic Doctor-type. There can't be that many of them huh? He says he went well.

Well done, D the F. I wish I could run that fast.

I have to practise new running style periodically. Haven't had time frame conversation yet, but next session (week after next) is the last one.

Night Night All. Lots of love.

24/01/2013 at 23:59
Susan, apologies, will rephrase in future

Good choice Ikle, tired body and tired mind don't really work, see below!

I managed to get on the wrong underground train tonight,.. Heading for Chester which is 10 miles in wrong direction.. Happily reading paper and 15 minutes in before I realised. Very Doh moment.

Legs and knees a bit tired after the weekend 22+14 so good in reality, backed off original plan to do 4 miles to club, and tempo there to a Steady 5 miles at 8mm. No heroics. No medals for your midweek run as a pal says and very good common sense.

Scott, I'd be wary of doing 20 mile at race pace so early for both you and your friend. It serves no purpose to race your training. It will take something out of your legs for a few weeks and possibly affect speed sessions and tempo runs for your half training.

My coach last year (sadly passed away now) advised marathon pace +60 secs or more,... even on a 20 mile "race" only 2 x 5-6 miles at MP, and that was 4-5 weeks before my marathon. Save race pace and faster for tempo runs.

Are you ready to do a 20 mile run anyway so soon? If you've been keeping things going to 13-15 miles then 20 will still be a hard jump. maybe get him to do 5-7 miles first then join him for the rest so both of you happy?
25/01/2013 at 07:17

There you go Scott, I knew someone would have a sensible answer!

And of course there are no medals for a midweek run but is nice to appreciate your fitness and improvement...

Woken up to day with a rather scratchy throat - typical I suppose... 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.