sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,601 to 63,620 of 67,394 messages
25/01/2013 at 07:43
The curse of the winter break Dave .. Have a nose like Rudolph me ! Going for a little jog in a minute, no heroics not even a mid week run .. It's my only run ... Hah ha ha ..... Will check my diary for the 6 th ..
25/01/2013 at 08:53

morning all!

I am back and a bit bigger, chilled and slightly sad, but iverall very happy!

I put o n 4lbs, which considering I hardly managed to run was not too bad, so weigh in is 10st 6lb, back to it now

Hope you are all well, will try catch up as I go along.

Well as you can all imagine not a lot of running actually did happen in Peru, there was 4 miles in Lima along the coastline, 1.5 miles on a beach in shoes, to the right was no go area and to the left the tide was in! Finally a 2 mile barefoot on the beach which left my achilles somewhat sore, and a policeman stopped me at the no go point (I knew about it and was turing anyway) pointed to Garmin told me peligroso (dangerous) and promptly turned me round anyway! I saw vultures pelicans, huge gulls, all manner of dead things on the beach and tried goat, ate cerviche, chucharron and Bonito - the last I did not like!

25/01/2013 at 08:53

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/39759/gallery/nanna_1.jpg?width=350

25/01/2013 at 10:47
Nice photo Wabo. And sod the lbs on, what about the feel good factor? Worth so much more. What do the last 3 beasts translate to ?

Susan enjoy heroic run. Snowing again here, anyone still buried?

Dtf I was referring to my tired legs not yours. Mid week tempo run always good fitness indicator, sounds like a great run. we've had lots of league races recently before or after Thursday but still see a few at club not taking it easier - hence my friends comment, need to conserve energy sometimes.

Aga fully working again. Testing with bacon butty.
25/01/2013 at 11:05

FRC - My weekday runs tend to be more like races - particularly when there's a couple of the guys there who seem to egg each other on a bit! I don't do many races anyway, so it's my chance to test myself a bit - last night was actually the fastest training run I've done at the club since joining a year ago 

Wabo - sounds great! Seen a few pics on FB too... looks like a great trip away. Is Bonito a kind of fish? What was it like?

I had a few weird things in Mexico. One of the dish option from a buffet my translator said was merely "meat" in sauce. He did add that it was a sherry sauce but didn't elaborate on the meat bit. I had it anyway and very nice it was too. Mystery meats are always fun aren't they... Horse, donkey... who knows...

25/01/2013 at 12:43

looks like the weekend is going to get warmer and wetter in London, so i expect to get pissed on during my 16mi Sunday run :-\

mcs
25/01/2013 at 13:39

Nice picture........not been on as busy looking for work been made redundant so not happy. Sleep who needs that,,,,,,might be a long run this weekend.

25/01/2013 at 14:46

Scott was going to say something similar to FRC.  How about somehow joining your friend for the second half of his run?  He'll be flagging, you'll be fresh and you can help him along. Perhaps he can do 2 x 10 mile laps.

Getting excited for the Cold Water Swimming CHamps tomorrow.  It was featured on the One Show yesterday (good week for the One Show, eh, Jovi?). Iwan Thomas went in - but not for very long. Having said that, I only have to do 60m so I won't be in very long either.  Looks like being a sunny day which will make the water seem much more friendly.

25/01/2013 at 15:02

bonito is a sea fish, it was dark, some parts tasted a bit like rock which I like but some was just not nice! Ceviche is a fish dish where the fish is not cooked so to speak but soaked in their very strong lemons, green look like limes and that sort of cooks it.  Its delicious! Chucharron is also a fish dish, can be mixed or in my case just white fish, sort of battered, it was lovely.

blimey hen cold water champs sounds tough!

yep frc, spot on feel good is immense at the moment so sod the lbs!

25/01/2013 at 20:44
FRC+AH, that sounds like a plan! Pretty much what I thinking.
All the snow running and couple of hill sessions seem to be paying off, 5 miles today at sub 8 minute mile pace, just need to find another 8.1 miles!
25/01/2013 at 20:46
Snow has just started to come down in boston!
25/01/2013 at 21:54
I did 6.3 hilly miles after not running yesterday then helped @ night shelter @ church. Cold night to not have a home Brr. Now off 2 Basey's. Parkrun tomorrow and 13 miles Sunday. Zippee! Looking forward to it warming up.
26/01/2013 at 07:41
Well done Ickle and welcome back Wabo !
26/01/2013 at 18:25
Managed 10 miles ! Whoop Di doooo
26/01/2013 at 18:26
TOTP .. There I go again
26/01/2013 at 18:43

Brisk

26/01/2013 at 19:08
Brisk yourself ...
26/01/2013 at 19:56

oh...

can't be ar5ed to rewrite it all...

but it was brisk!

26/01/2013 at 20:50

me too susan oh but you know! great eh?

happy with that run!

26/01/2013 at 21:23
I am finally in print, page 38 of this months runners world! Next month, I am hoping to make it on to the cover....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.