sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,641 to 63,660 of 67,688 messages
27/01/2013 at 23:08

Two miles in 20 minutes !!!!

27/01/2013 at 23:09

Susan if you are serious could you email the details of your pilates class please.

27/01/2013 at 23:20

hi all

dave, same here with the running, it feels better than it has for a few years, its nice and its odd!

howard I feel your pain, but the bigger picture is to get back, the speed you had can come back.  You have been so strong throughout, hope it all starts to get better for you.

did 2 miles myself today as a recovery, it took me 20 mins actually! felt the effects of yesterdays 10 miler

ikle nice 13.1 miler! you have bounced back, its great to see!

27/01/2013 at 23:41

Ikle, lovely to see you running well.. 6.3 hilly miles and then 13 ? Did you do park run as well? TRS working! Yay.

Scott in print and running well too! 1:45 definitely possible after Chester.

Howard - even more lovely to see you running than Ikle.
I with Martin on taking it slowly though.. go to every other day over 3-6 weeks,  maybe mix something else in, swimming, gym or the already mentioned pilates or yoga. Core & gym work definitely helps me stay injury free, and did a slow build up recovering from my injury. Also went to those nearly all women gym classes that DtF avoids - they work.

LO65 - very speedy long run.

Secret Squirrel (I mean) Susan, good run by you.

Resting legs, only 3 x 5 miles the last 7 days, with 3 circuits. Getting nervous about the ultra on Saturday. Silly really. Knees were sore Friday suddenly but seem to have loosened up, (new model Sauconys too tough on feet maybe, old model ordered).

Can't remember if anyone is along the route from Iffley through Abingdon to Henley, but a high five and hug would be happily offered.

28/01/2013 at 09:15

FRC- You will be fine, just take it very slowly at the start and then get slower! Best tip I was given for Comrades and it was right! Hope its not to muddy/flooded

28/01/2013 at 11:27
My brother the serious marathon runner in our family always says to me "start slow and fade " good advice

Very glad to be back in the warm and NOT with a bloody latex squirrel head on that you can nearly see out of or breath in! Horrible! As was leaving home at 5.45 am to go int town for the squirrel flash mob! Good to wave at bemused commuters though but quite cold by the end. Will show you pics when they send them ... Have tweeted one of me in the pr Company office and on FB

HOWARD class is 10 am Mondays at Willesden sports centre. Not sure how much if you are not member but not a lot. Maybe 4 quid? Check the Harpers fitness website .. Willesden branch. It's just down the road from my gaff. Will be there next Monday.
28/01/2013 at 13:08

Thanks Susan - may well give it a go!

29/01/2013 at 13:59

After my speedy long run the next day it took me 50 minutes to run 4 miles.

Susan I like the "start slow and get slower"

29/01/2013 at 17:22

Another 2 miler done. So far the old body is holding up. Fingers crossed.

29/01/2013 at 19:05
Goooooooooooo HOWARD
29/01/2013 at 21:26

Wey hey Howard! Keep it up!

29/01/2013 at 22:01

2 days...

on the same...

page...

29/01/2013 at 22:02

that's better...

29/01/2013 at 22:13
Well done Dave ...
30/01/2013 at 01:08
DtF that's just plain cheating !

Not the same as Ikles magical TOTP at will power.

Good advice St Susan & Martin. I'm going to take it very steady. And Susan if you've been running for say 10 years then you're a serious runner in my book - even if you have fun too. Advice always gratefully received.
Seriously doubt I would've run Edinburgh sub 3:30 without your advice remember.

5 miles with my missus tonight, legs not too bad but a bit sore afterwards. Its 13-15 degrees outside though. Weird.

Howard, looking good. Fingers toes crossed.

Oh, FOTD
30/01/2013 at 10:36

missed quite a few posts, quite busy catching up on domestic stuff + totally stuffed by the heavy snow in Northampton over the past weeks. only managed a 5 mile run on one of the weeks and that was with the club around the grounds of a local college. Thaw was great, did 13 miles with my wife on Sunday, very slowly in around 2hrs 20 mins, then out last night to do a 10 x 400m session. Always find these a bit tricky this time of the year. The council have turned off a lot of the street lights so running fast can be a bit risky with pot holes and overgrowing branches a real hazard. Nice to read over the last few pages.

Take care everyone.

30/01/2013 at 11:03

howard, yay!!

Hi tom! I have to do 13 tonight after work, oo wish me luck!

frc I have been running 21 years now am I serious or mad??

30/01/2013 at 13:22
lady over 65 wrote (see)

Hey Dave I go to Pilates! I resemble that post

Howard, pilates is the way forward.  It's not an instant fix and can take some getting used to if you're not sure how its meant to feel.  But IT WILL HELP   It's all quite good news, really, isn't it? So glad you haven't given up. You'll be back.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.