29/01/2013 at 22:01

page...

29/01/2013 at 22:02

that's better...

29/01/2013 at 22:13
Well done Dave ...
30/01/2013 at 01:08
DtF that's just plain cheating !

Not the same as Ikles magical TOTP at will power.

Good advice St Susan & Martin. I'm going to take it very steady. And Susan if you've been running for say 10 years then you're a serious runner in my book - even if you have fun too. Advice always gratefully received.
Seriously doubt I would've run Edinburgh sub 3:30 without your advice remember.

5 miles with my missus tonight, legs not too bad but a bit sore afterwards. Its 13-15 degrees outside though. Weird.

Howard, looking good. Fingers toes crossed.

Oh, FOTD
30/01/2013 at 10:36

missed quite a few posts, quite busy catching up on domestic stuff + totally stuffed by the heavy snow in Northampton over the past weeks. only managed a 5 mile run on one of the weeks and that was with the club around the grounds of a local college. Thaw was great, did 13 miles with my wife on Sunday, very slowly in around 2hrs 20 mins, then out last night to do a 10 x 400m session. Always find these a bit tricky this time of the year. The council have turned off a lot of the street lights so running fast can be a bit risky with pot holes and overgrowing branches a real hazard. Nice to read over the last few pages.

Take care everyone.

30/01/2013 at 11:03

howard, yay!!

Hi tom! I have to do 13 tonight after work, oo wish me luck!

frc I have been running 21 years now am I serious or mad??

30/01/2013 at 13:22
lady over 65 wrote (see)

Hey Dave I go to Pilates! I resemble that post

Howard, pilates is the way forward.  It's not an instant fix and can take some getting used to if you're not sure how its meant to feel.  But IT WILL HELP   It's all quite good news, really, isn't it? So glad you haven't given up. You'll be back.

30/01/2013 at 21:20

Interesting fact: Last year I ran just under 500 miles in total. This year I have run nearly 100 miles in the first month!

30/01/2013 at 22:36
Very interesting fact Ickle... And quite scary for me who is training for same Mara as you and done less than half that mileage .. Hey ho ... It is my 12 th marathon soI hope I will get there .. How the heck I got to number 12 I am not sure

Took me a while to be able to do half the stuff they do in Pilates .. Used to lie on floor in a sort of heap giggling ...bit better now
31/01/2013 at 07:49
Sorry if this sounds like a bit of a downer first thing in the morning.
I have just been reading a few brief details of the inquest into the death of claire squires, the runner that died towards the end of last years VLM. It sounds like she had taken a supplement with a now banned, stimulant in it, DMAA.
I like to push my self to the limits as much as the next person, but folks, just be careful!
My thoughts at this time are obviously with Claire's family.
31/01/2013 at 08:45

Yes, this is only my 3 and a halfth marathon. I'm sure you are doing fine, Susan. All I know is I'm exhausted from training already and I'm not even half way.

31/01/2013 at 09:44

Hope all went ok on your 13 miler after work Wabo,I bet you slept well last night we have to do a 15 miler tonight as our weekend is fully booked and we need to get a long run in. Meeting my wife after work and off we go. I think we will feel the same as you when we finish, shattered.

Congratulations on your letter in RW Scott. We often get morons yelling stupid comments at us from cars when we go for a club run on a Weds night.

Very impressive Ikleburn, a 100 miles in a month and all that snow this month. Very well done!

31/01/2013 at 11:32
Cheers tom!
31/01/2013 at 11:41

Cheers tom!

31/01/2013 at 12:09

Scott. Yes sad reading that about the runner. the "stimulant" was regularly used in things like rugby, so high cardio impact but not endurance. Could argue similar with caffeine gels maybe if someone took too many ?

Well done Ikle. Doing fab. Thats a big increase in mileage. Just keep a watch on how tired you are, extra sleep, good food, carbs & protein. Take a kick back week maybe, let your body catch up?  Or just use my tried and test rule, if in doubt, eat CAKE

31/01/2013 at 12:51

First pilates class done. May well try others to compare, including Susan's, but this one seemed good.

31/01/2013 at 13:38

Thames trot is this Saturday?  Contact me on FB guys - I have to do my long run on Sat due to family commitments on Sun but we should be able to arrange a meet!

31/01/2013 at 13:47

Glad you liked the pilates, Howard.

I did 7 x Yasso-tastic 800s this morning with 3 min recoveries.  I was on the dreadmill so not entirely ideal, but dealt with it steadily at 12.5kph which brought me in at 800m in 3.50.  And no sore knees.

Am off to look up Thames Trot.  I need to do 16ish miles on Sat and a race might be a good way to do it.

31/01/2013 at 13:49

Ah.  Thames Trot is 50 miles.   Could venture to the Basingstoke Canal again but that'll prob be crowded on a sunny Saturday morning.

mcs
31/01/2013 at 14:48

Just done a 10k in very windy weather in 46 mins so happy with that as my head has been all over the shop this last week with redundancy announced not felt like running and feeling man fluish, feeling better now and got a couple of interviews sorted. Great ruuning FRC and all..........Artful Hen that sounds like a big 50 miler!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.