sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,741 to 63,760 of 66,875 messages
04/02/2013 at 13:30
Are you talking about the LSR Ickle ? 9.30 with some miles at MP is surely the way forward but check with FRC and AH they are better placed to advise ..
04/02/2013 at 13:32
Another TOTP ... AM ON FIRE WITH THEM, oops shouting by mistake. Legs feeling pretty good after attacking those hills at Watford. Pilates was hard work but a good stretch.. Howard next week I have to work Monday but will go to the Friday class if you are around. She is a bit more hippy dippy but also very nice.
04/02/2013 at 14:25

Aiming for sub-4 in London & my LSR's tend to average around 9:50. Always feels very easy at the start of a 15+ miler but I know it'll be hard at some point!. Also should be finishing the run feeling tired but not finished. I like to see quite even mile splits meaning I've got it about right, rather than slowing/struggling for the last few miles.

Just started adding some marathon paced midweek long runs in, which i'm doing around 8:50-9:10 for the last part of it.

FRC - Glad my marathon plan doesn't have a 45miler in it

04/02/2013 at 14:36

Ikle at the mo I wouldn't worry about long run pace. Just do the miles even at ?MP+90secs.  In a month you can start thinking about actually running some of some LSRs at MP.  FWIW I'm doing them at about 10.15mm on average.

04/02/2013 at 14:38

Look what I just found!    5 min video of our swim yesterday. Well, a bit of the flavour of it.  Not great quality but you get the gist. See if you can spot me (clue: pirate hat on top of gimp hat I was testing for 220 Triathlon mag).

04/02/2013 at 17:41

I went out for a 16 mile run yesterday, with the last 10 miles at planned marathon pace, i.e. give or take 9min/miles. I covered those 10 miles in 1:29:20, so pretty much on target, although the pacing was a little up and down; a couple of miles at 8:45ish, one at 9:20, the rest nearer the planned pace. but then i was running along the pavements dodging people and obstacles, so i'm pretty happy with it. felt hard for the last 2-3 miles, but comfortably hard, if that makes sense. i reckon i could've sustained the pace for another couple of miles max, but not much more. i guess that's what the next 12 weeks of training will develop.

04/02/2013 at 19:31

This Friday (8th) or next Susan?

So I missed pilates this morning because I had to wait for a locksmith.....

Yesterday Rosa was coming back from France where she had spent a few days with her boyfreind whose third year at Uni is spent studying in Lyon. Rosa was passing through London on her way back to Sheffield for the start of her second semester of her final year. S 0 we agreed to meet her at Kings Cross and take her  to Nandos. We we got up o leave we discovered Rosa's back was gone - stolen. In it were her bank card, driving licence, camera, clothes and two sets of keys (including our house keys). Her driving licence contains her home address so immediately we saw a security issue. We decided to risk it overnight but called in a locksmith first thing this morning. He was very quick but it was too late by then to get up to North London .

04/02/2013 at 19:35

Being meaning to tell you all - Sarah and I started Ballroom/Latin Dancing lessons 4 weeks ago. The Jive is quite aerobic excercise!

04/02/2013 at 19:39

Sorry to hear that Howard about the steals. Hmph. Hope you can jive it off...

04/02/2013 at 20:20

It only takes one day's rest before you start worrying about having to run again and not wanting to! Finally (almost) got my fundraising sorted for the marathon, and there's hardly any time left! I was planning to be fundraising for one year not one month!! Heave ho...

04/02/2013 at 21:31
What a pain in the proverbial Howard. I mean next Friday 15 th .. Will confirm next week that I can def go.

I agree kingkenny got to get back from LSR tired but not spent / done in / can run no further .
04/02/2013 at 21:55

How rotten HRR. 

04/02/2013 at 22:07

Marathon Training Pacing - LSR

Everyone is different but generally LSR should be run at a comfortable pace i.e. easy enough to hold a conversation - unless you're on your own 'cos that looks strange...

So, anyone looking at 9min/mile pace should be looking at completing a LSR at approx. 30 - 45 secs slower than PMP (projected marathon pace). It is a good idea in the latter stages of training to throw in a few miles (3 - 6miles) at PMP to get used to how it feels.

You will feel tired (esp. after 18+ miles) but not totally shot, leave that for post Marathon itself.

In my experience I have trained to what my body is telling me and even completed LSR at a far quicker pace than perhaps I should (c. 30 secs faster than PMP at times) but I've always made sure I recover well afterwards.

There...

Open to discussion...

Ikle/Susan/anyone - Wednesday?

04/02/2013 at 22:17
What Dave says .. He is a legend I have heard ...Wednesday ? This week ? Where? Not sure if I can ...

Where is the monkey man ?
04/02/2013 at 22:34

Where is it again D the F? I have to fit in a hilly 7 miler somehow beforehand...

05/02/2013 at 09:07

Morning all

Agree with you Dave but would add conditions. On Sundays LSR first 10 miles involved  a strong headwind and a couple of nice hills. There was a time when I would have pushed like crazy to run at the pace I wanted. Sunday stopped looking at my watch listened to the effort rate and checked when I turned for home. At half way I was 2 mins behind target but finished 2 mins inside feeling OKish!

IKLE- You seem to have a big step forward (Brighton ?) keep it going but dont push to hard its still a long way off

05/02/2013 at 10:27

Actually it's often better to run naked (no watch/garmin etc) and not worry about LSR pace - just remain comfortable. Running into a headwind for 10 miles will certainly have an adverse effect on your planned pace!

05/02/2013 at 12:40

hi all

ikle and frc oh and susan too, well done on races!

I also had a good race saturday, 4.88 in 39.48, very very good for me, feeling good at the moment!

my lsr is slow, say 10mm, but like others said its a bit dependant on how I feel too! I must admit at the end of 13 last weds evening I was a bit more than tired but ran friday night and sat race well so no harm done!

Tom, its quite nice getting thelong runs out of teh way in theweek eh?

AG Hi! your LSR sounds really good

Howard what a night mare for your daughter and you, dancing sounds nice though!

right hen, lets watch your vid, you are looking super fit btw!

05/02/2013 at 12:40

oh dear dtf I did a double take on your post above then!

05/02/2013 at 12:44

wow! Hen you lot are something else, I would have stayed with MOnty!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.