sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,781 to 63,800 of 66,918 messages
07/02/2013 at 09:28

TOTP

Thanks for all you kind words regarding the theft. The police have been dreadful, really slow and uncoordinated. Theft was on Sunday and they emailed yesterday to suggest the WE talk to the restaurant about looking at CCTV footage! Just a tiny bit late (we had hoped they would go to the restaurant Sunday evening or at worst Monday morning). Rosa has lost a lot of paper and electronic notes for her final year dissertation and there is no hope now that we will get them back .

Really enjoying the ballroom dancing. It is so lovely to do something like that together. Children what children!

07/02/2013 at 13:15

Really feel for Rosa. What a bummer.

07/02/2013 at 13:27
Howard the Chief Assistant Cheerleader wrote (see)

TOTP

You ARE back on form, Howard .Very shoddy policing, I agree.

18 miles done. 18.02 in fact. 3.05 so not too bad. I was feeling pretty awful after about 10 miles but actually, when I thought about it, my body was ok; there was nothing wrong that made me need to stop.  It was only that pesky voice in the head that winges and whines and wants you to stop.  So I told it to f**k off.

Had a nice cold bath when I got in.  Interesting - didn't feel I could get it cold enough - not usually a prob in the middle of winter. Must be all the sea swimming

07/02/2013 at 13:31

So sorry about the theft and what a pain losing those notes.

So pleased with the posts regarding the LSR as I find it difficult to find anyone to run with me on those long runs as I am so slow. Yet when it comes to my marathons I am always between 4 hrs 5mins and 4hrs 20 and they are usually much slower. QED! Also much younger.

07/02/2013 at 15:41

Thanks for the comment Hen, did run into the wind last night on Club night, but with a large group initially. Ran the 7.7 at 8:51 pace, so felt good at the end. Good luck with the x country, always enjoy the xc season!

FRC read the comments on the other forums by the sub 3 and faster people. Confirms what yourself and others have said about the LSR. Particularly interesting to see that 2hr 50' runners maintain a 10 mm pace on their LSR as they are looking to burn fat rather than glycogen. Very helpful so thanks for the link.

Glad you enjoyed the ballroom Howard.

07/02/2013 at 15:44

Removed repeated post.

Trying to ignore that tired leg feeling. Lots of active recovery hoovering and bathroom cleaning...

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 15:46
mcs
07/02/2013 at 15:46

Howard........Bad news on the plod and theft all the best to you guys.

Had the official notice of office closeure on Friday 29th March today from a dodgey dutch man but decided to go early, next week as got a couple of sniffs of jobs and thought I might be a full time athlete for a couple of weeks and live on my redundancy. Interesting that 2.50 marathon runners run that slow on a LSR, must go slower!! Need to get some long runs in as only four weeks to GG HELP I am in trouble. Only done one 19 miler.........oh well might be a jog round!

07/02/2013 at 15:46

I feel so sorry for Rosa.

07/02/2013 at 16:02

Hello!

So those on facebook might have noticed (Wabo & AH have already!) that I had a running dream last night.. it's my most common recurring dream ever, and I usually get it at least once in the run up to a marathon - in short, I get lost half way through indoors somewhere, it's always quite distressing!

The 2 things that made it a nicer dream this time were 1) Russell decided to run it with me, bless him (assuming the significance of this is that he will be there with me through childbirth!!) and 2) I found Jovi at the end and she excitedly told me she'd come first lady in a new pb of 3.18! It was Edinburgh Marathon though so hate to say it Jovi but not sure in reality that time would win that particular mararthon. You were with Steve and showing me a massive certificate you got and some clothings and vouchers and stuff. You were beaming ear to ear, it was very vivid and lovely and made up for me having to pull out of the race due to getting lost. I was even still pregnant in the dream too, haha!

A 3rd thing that made the dream better than usual was not having to get up and go out on a 20 mile training run in the cold too!

Sorry for not keeping up with you all on here. Those doing London or Manchester marathons, I am planning on / hoping to come and spectate at both! So it would be great if baby and I can cheer some of you on. Will ask nearer the time who is doing what and hopefully be back running myself by then so I can be more in the loop with the whole scene again

07/02/2013 at 16:51

Hello all

Firstly for those new to the thread please dont ANY NOTICE of what you are about to read. I am a bit of a fraud on this thread but will never leave

So After my sub 45 treadmill 10k last Friday and a good quality 20 on Sunday made a big call, with Gloucester cancelled I was already behind target in terms of my long runs for Comrades so on Tuesday sent Foxy Dave an e-mail changed my day off for the week and ran Day 1 of the Quadzilla marathons today. My plan was simple run by feel for the first half then decide what to do. Felt good from the start so happy when I went through half way in 1.49. Time to decide. Target 1 a 3.40 for a better Comrades pem target 2 a 3.45 target 3 a PB. Well as Meat loaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad. 3.41.25 was a new pb by 6 and a half minutes, Up to the last mile I thought I had a chance but felt awful and saw it going. If Im honest could maybe have gone a few seconds faster but hey. Could I have done it if I had done a taper who knows but still very happy.. I have 2 and half  weeks to the 40 so going to take it easy!

07/02/2013 at 17:29

mcs, sorry to hear about redundancy. not nice but you seem optimistic.

3:41 mara - Nice one Martin ! Strange how sometimes you get a good run out when least expected. and if you're a fraud on this thread? whats that make me? and yes, taper would make you faster... less fade I think.

Howard, sorry the police have been no use.

AH, perfect pacing on that run. You will feel more tired with energy levels already drained, so good time to eat well before that XC.

07/02/2013 at 18:29
frc you are a total fraud but your story of the last year is part of my motivatipn so thanks

few hours on feel ok little walk later then back to work friday. None of my staff know and going to see if I can get through the day without anyone spotting what ive been up to. bit of fun but would show I recovered well
07/02/2013 at 18:30
must stop posting on the phone!
07/02/2013 at 18:47

oh howard thats just awful for rosa

hen well done on your 18, you made me laugh about that voice!

martin bimey well done on the mara! sorry about the redundancy

booked Jodie and Cleo's flights here for summer again today!! Woo hoo so excited but not wishing the months away, just nice to look forward to.  Right off to running club for me

07/02/2013 at 19:04
Nice logic on the long run Hen. Have no real plan or logic and let's face it even any long runs on my plan... Oops must seriously put my mind to it am useless.

Martin ... Wow ...

HRR very very annoying for you and Rosa. ...
07/02/2013 at 19:05
Can't quite get my head round you doing a 17 and 18 in 5 days Hen ... Should I worry ? ?
07/02/2013 at 19:55

Well I 'm not worrying, Susan.  It's keeping my body guessing - which is good for adaption and, if you think about it, I did 17.5 last week and 18 this week so not even a real increase in distance. And now 10 days till the first 20. Might do 10 or something early next week but I'm only managing to run 3x a week at the mo.  TBH I don't suppose I'd have worked up to 20 so soon if it wasn't for the Bramley 20 coming so early. But I've never done it and it's a huge club race so wanted to give it a go. Will stick at or slower to 10 min miles so I don't end in pieces. I have already been giving Paddington stares to a few club members who talk about racing it, even though they're marathon training.

07/02/2013 at 21:17

Martin leading the way... nice one matey! (gives me a new target if nothing else!! )

Hen - lovely LSR, enjoy the "rest"... 

mcs - bummer... not good news

07/02/2013 at 21:32

Martin that is fabulous! I am not surprised, you clearly have the ability. Just think what you could do on a superflat course! Make sure you take a moment or two out to celebrate

07/02/2013 at 23:16
Loving the Paddington stares AH
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.