sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,801 to 63,820 of 67,865 messages
08/02/2013 at 12:51

where in France Ikle? Did some nice 15 milers in Paris through Loeuvre, Arc de Triomph, past Eiffel Tower, ending at a street market with lovely food.. purely by coincidence of course  . Try and get 2 runs in at least? Maybe Martin's out & back 4 mile method on a short route? 4 mile  out, 4 back, 3, 3, 2, 2?

Liverpool Marathon cancelled. Sad.. organisers unable to get agreement with the local council. so silly. Fab event and lovely route. But no more?

mcs, sorry to hear that. Expect a good time at GG.

08/02/2013 at 13:15

Will you be supervising kids in France, Ikle? Hope you can put aside some time - youve got to have SOME time, off, surely?

Swam in very cold sea today - but in a wetsuit I'm testing for 220.  Wierd.  It was def cold but obv not AS cold and I didn't get the shakes much afterwards.  The stress of getting in was non-existent, but I didn't feel as satisfied afterwards.  On the otherhand, if it's a way of swimming through next winter without pain and suffering I could be persuaded.

Off to see Stephen Fry et all in Twelfth Night tonight.  Timing's not great and I'm not looking forward to the late night drunk train travelling but I'm looking forward to the play.

08/02/2013 at 13:25

Ooh, AH what fun! Let's hope he actually does the play. Har har. He was super in Wilde film. AH, you can't spell weird. It's official.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not going to France with children. Result! I am going to Paris. I have the Thurs and Fri at end of half term off, so yes I do get to stop. It's Weds to Weds.

Did nearly 6 miles this morning with Basey on his bike. BEFORE SCHOOL! I did not enjoy it at all. Knackered now. At least it's done. Plan is to do Parkrun tomorrow and long run Sunday with TGR.

Actually, I'm going to see Blood Brothers this evening in South London with my mum. I've only seen it seven thousand times that's all! Perhaps it will kick the Les Mis songs out of my head at long last...

08/02/2013 at 13:26

Tell meee it's not true....

08/02/2013 at 17:46
Shoes on the table ....... La Di da...

All this talk of frigging long runs .. Should I do more than 13 some time ...
Monkeyman says on Facebook he's okay just having a break from stats, high mileage and speeding maniacs .....

Doing Richmond tomorrow, that's only 7 ish .. Oh dear ....
08/02/2013 at 17:47
"Tell me it's all o o o o ver "
08/02/2013 at 18:56

Okay is a very relative term! 

08/02/2013 at 23:10
Coming back from injury ? Okay ish ? What's wrong monkey man ?
09/02/2013 at 00:13
It's just an old mooovie... Had proper stars! Marti Pello and a Nolan sister and Everything. But you can't beat a Mel C Blood Brothers. Must go to sleep now if I'm to be up in time for PR.
09/02/2013 at 10:04
Does that count as a FOTD?
09/02/2013 at 12:14

Umboooonnnnggggooo!

Mcs you have 100% the right attitude, no mileage in fretting about what you can't change, but there is mileage in mileage! 

Sunday shopping has REALLY not helped with road racing. I am not convinced we could ever go back to not having them open at all, but I would love to see the old rules limit opening before 2pm. Give the country a morning off from commerce, at least! 

Have started a "gymtastic" thread over on the MT forums (under General) to commit to and log, you know, the strength/stretch/core workouts that we know we should do regularly but don't... FRC and other virtuous souls aside I didn't think it was that dumb an idea but so far my one post (committing to 2 sessions a week) stands in in solitary magnificent splendour :,-(

09/02/2013 at 17:04
That monkey man disappeared again pronto ...
09/02/2013 at 17:06
God knows how you lot do it after my sub 2 hour half, my two track sessions and a mere 9 miles in Richmond park today am really tired. Go the Iron Hen !
09/02/2013 at 20:12

I obv can't spell that word Ikle! 

XC was actually ok today. I love the camaraderie of  all the girls before the start, wibbling etc. Actually it was ok. I was near the back as usual, but I was near a particular woman which shows I did a good job. And I overtook about 6 ladies on the second lap so, despite all my stiff legged knackeredness I actually ran ok and ran strongly. Go me.

In big news - I'm going to have a lie in tomorrow and not go down to the sea. It'll be huge and wavy and sod it. I'll go on Tuesday instead.

In other news - I've just finished off the stuffing to the pasties we're having for supper  and basically have had to spit out a mouthful of raw onion... except the taste's still there.

Have a great evening everyone.

09/02/2013 at 20:18

Fidooooooooooooooo2Dooooooooogs.....sorry about your forum not being that hot!! I know I should be doing core stuff and it doesn't actually take up much time and have no idea why I don't do it!! My core at moment seems to be lost in my winter cover of blubber. 

Susan - I ran 7 miles with club on Thursday and was slow and well behind people I usually run with so for me you having done a sub 2 hour half is impressive (its all relative as I say!!)

09/02/2013 at 20:28

AH, I don't know why I felt the need to point it out.

Umbongo, I'm sure it's there underneath. If it would be on top, that would be a bit gross.

I am doing 16 miles tomorrow in the rain. I am kind of looking forward to it. Going to do 14 in France, and attempt the last 4 at (sub 4?) marathon pace, see what happens. Then I have 18 (with fast finish), 20 (fast finish), 20 (fast finish and also my Silverstone half. Not sure what to do there... ), 15, 22, 15,12 then RACE!

Does anyone think that 12 is a bit much for a pre marathon week long run? I think that I do. But have followed the plan pretty much until now. It's the Runner's World Improvers' marathon plan, anyone who is interested. I'm very very excited now.

Fact: I have never ever had a running dream.

Edited: 09/02/2013 at 20:31
09/02/2013 at 20:32

Ps I did my 10th parkrun today and paced my sister in law for her first to a sub 30, so nice n slow for me. Then did another mile and stopped because I was entirely knackered.

09/02/2013 at 20:33

Not from the run, but from life. Had a snooze this afternoon. Feel better now. J'aime faire le courir.

09/02/2013 at 20:51
Can I just clarify Ickle you are doing TWO 20 s and a 22 and an 18 ?
Well done on your cross country Hen, are you doing Parliament Hill next sat ?

Umbongo - thank you
09/02/2013 at 20:52

Ikle - don't push the limits too much... esp. at Silverstone. 12 miles the week before? Maybe too much, how many marathons have you done before?

I did my own solitary Parkrun today - can never get to either Poole or Southampton so mapped out my own 5k loop around the village. Flopped around in the damp cold in just under 23 minutes... felt very laboured. Realised I've never raced 5k before... it's quite hard isn't it?

Still pondering on Autumn plans... anyone doing anything?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.