sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,801 to 63,820 of 67,364 messages
08/02/2013 at 00:17
Yeah what's a Paddington stare? Steely look as if you're going pinch their marmalade sandwich perhaps.
I was told not to race my 20 last year so AH is, as always, spot on. Will take a lot out of legs. Race is April, not Feb or March.

No major aches on Tuesday but very tired legs, could only jog/ shuffle, slow 4miles with breaks, stretches. Mostly just cheered on club pals doing speed session.

Tonight, ran on feel, see how legs were, ended up doing 5 miles in 40 minutes. Legs remarkably good. Still taking it easy till at least next Thursday or week Sunday nothing over 5 miles, no speed work.
Did go past club pal near the end, him flat out. he was giving me Paddington stares after we got back, as to why im not doing XC on Sunday. I always rest the week after an event so never in plans. Mrs FRC is doing a 10k in Southport so supporting her.

Where is Monkey Man? Where is Judderman ?
08/02/2013 at 00:18
TOTP !

FOTD even?
08/02/2013 at 07:37
FOTD does not count sorry FRC

Nice to see TUTU popping in. Yes where is monkyman and Judderman ?
mcs
08/02/2013 at 09:13

One week left to work in the most successful office in Europe and then onwards and upwards to new fields.  Could have stayed with my colleague till the end of March but had enough and got redundancy so going to be a pro athlete for a week or two. Got one offer already, bit low pay but a job. Better than dole.
Happy running to all this weekend. Must get a long run in this weekend with GG only four weeks or so away.

08/02/2013 at 10:26

2 miles done! Two days off for work this weekend then back to it on Monday, Maybe even 2.5 miles!

08/02/2013 at 12:22
Advice for France study visit one week not much time to run. 3 runs? Meant to be doing 16 miler....
08/02/2013 at 12:50

hi all, we all are juggling it in eh?  Everything I plan seems to revolve around my long run!

Run well this weekend sub four buddies

08/02/2013 at 12:51

where in France Ikle? Did some nice 15 milers in Paris through Loeuvre, Arc de Triomph, past Eiffel Tower, ending at a street market with lovely food.. purely by coincidence of course  . Try and get 2 runs in at least? Maybe Martin's out & back 4 mile method on a short route? 4 mile  out, 4 back, 3, 3, 2, 2?

Liverpool Marathon cancelled. Sad.. organisers unable to get agreement with the local council. so silly. Fab event and lovely route. But no more?

mcs, sorry to hear that. Expect a good time at GG.

08/02/2013 at 13:15

Will you be supervising kids in France, Ikle? Hope you can put aside some time - youve got to have SOME time, off, surely?

Swam in very cold sea today - but in a wetsuit I'm testing for 220.  Wierd.  It was def cold but obv not AS cold and I didn't get the shakes much afterwards.  The stress of getting in was non-existent, but I didn't feel as satisfied afterwards.  On the otherhand, if it's a way of swimming through next winter without pain and suffering I could be persuaded.

Off to see Stephen Fry et all in Twelfth Night tonight.  Timing's not great and I'm not looking forward to the late night drunk train travelling but I'm looking forward to the play.

08/02/2013 at 13:25

Ooh, AH what fun! Let's hope he actually does the play. Har har. He was super in Wilde film. AH, you can't spell weird. It's official.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not going to France with children. Result! I am going to Paris. I have the Thurs and Fri at end of half term off, so yes I do get to stop. It's Weds to Weds.

Did nearly 6 miles this morning with Basey on his bike. BEFORE SCHOOL! I did not enjoy it at all. Knackered now. At least it's done. Plan is to do Parkrun tomorrow and long run Sunday with TGR.

Actually, I'm going to see Blood Brothers this evening in South London with my mum. I've only seen it seven thousand times that's all! Perhaps it will kick the Les Mis songs out of my head at long last...

08/02/2013 at 13:26

Tell meee it's not true....

08/02/2013 at 17:46
Shoes on the table ....... La Di da...

All this talk of frigging long runs .. Should I do more than 13 some time ...
Monkeyman says on Facebook he's okay just having a break from stats, high mileage and speeding maniacs .....

Doing Richmond tomorrow, that's only 7 ish .. Oh dear ....
08/02/2013 at 17:47
"Tell me it's all o o o o ver "
08/02/2013 at 18:56

Okay is a very relative term! 

08/02/2013 at 23:10
Coming back from injury ? Okay ish ? What's wrong monkey man ?
09/02/2013 at 00:13
It's just an old mooovie... Had proper stars! Marti Pello and a Nolan sister and Everything. But you can't beat a Mel C Blood Brothers. Must go to sleep now if I'm to be up in time for PR.
09/02/2013 at 10:04
Does that count as a FOTD?
09/02/2013 at 12:14

Umboooonnnnggggooo!

Mcs you have 100% the right attitude, no mileage in fretting about what you can't change, but there is mileage in mileage! 

Sunday shopping has REALLY not helped with road racing. I am not convinced we could ever go back to not having them open at all, but I would love to see the old rules limit opening before 2pm. Give the country a morning off from commerce, at least! 

Have started a "gymtastic" thread over on the MT forums (under General) to commit to and log, you know, the strength/stretch/core workouts that we know we should do regularly but don't... FRC and other virtuous souls aside I didn't think it was that dumb an idea but so far my one post (committing to 2 sessions a week) stands in in solitary magnificent splendour :,-(

09/02/2013 at 17:04
That monkey man disappeared again pronto ...
09/02/2013 at 17:06
God knows how you lot do it after my sub 2 hour half, my two track sessions and a mere 9 miles in Richmond park today am really tired. Go the Iron Hen !
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.