sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,821 to 63,840 of 67,953 messages
09/02/2013 at 20:53

Oh... 

and nice to see your brief appearance Umb... made my weekend... 

09/02/2013 at 20:55

and...

Hen - raw onion is not going to do anyone any favours... ugh! Good, however, to see you're going to stay put in the morning (for a change!)

09/02/2013 at 21:09

This will be my 4 and a halfth marathon.

09/02/2013 at 21:25

I am aware there is nothing brief about my appearances. Especially when I'm meant to be doing my work.

09/02/2013 at 22:02

Not Ikle brief...

Umbongo brief... a very different thing 

10/02/2013 at 00:20

Ikle - I am not sure I do have a core any more!!?? I think it fell off when I wasn't looking.

Dave - great to see you are running so well at the moment and doing such good times. 

10/02/2013 at 09:06
Working on my corrrrr

Dave and the monkey man are so cute

Talking of cute where is WT ?
10/02/2013 at 10:36
Iklebutn Miles wrote (see)

AH, I don't know why I felt the need to point it out.

Ikle it's been said before .

Yes 12 too much the week before esp if you've been tired and have done lots of mileage/training in the build up.  It won't give you any extra fitness, but might hamper your recovery/energy build up.

My running dream is to go sub bloody 4. Although I know that's not the sort of running dream you meant.

Hello UmB. We've missed you and your witty humour.

FCR - thanks for that link to the 2.45 thread or whatever it was. Interesting and reassuring to see that so many advocate slooooow LSRs. I also followed the links on there to HADD's training. Have never heard of him before but it make good reading. If he's right, of course.  But the short cut version is run your long run very slowly. 

Doesn't matter what you know or how experienced you are - in the middle of a marathon build up we all need reassurance, don't we?

10/02/2013 at 10:42

Oh - and I woke up after 11 hours sleep at the time I would have been getting into the sea if I'd gone down. Think I can safely say I needed the sleep more than the swim. The thing is, I do like the swimming, but I am still apprehensive about being thrown about in the sea and the forecast for this morning was high winds and big seas.  Once I'm actually in the water I can deal with it ok, but surf + cold water = stress = feeling the cold more = what AM I doing?

So of course all that means I could have done my LSR today and not Thurs... but there you go.  Am still in bed . Have had four pieces of toast and two cups of tea. AR has just brought me coffee. THAT's the sort of Sunday I need every so often.

10/02/2013 at 10:42

Am going to do my wetsuit revew in bed, too. Am now surrounded by wetsuits and the bedroom smells of rubber. A lot of people would pay good money for that.

10/02/2013 at 10:43

.... not ME and the rubber, just rubber in general...

10/02/2013 at 10:45
Decided to stay in bed and read my book this morning. Was going to try and clock up some miles having 13 as my top so far .. Did 9 very slowly yesterday with teenager girl in Patch year who is doing Brighton half. 9 yesterday is longest she has done she is raising money for gap year to work in Argentina in orphanage. Felt rather ill last night, just off colour so ditched my run idea today. Ran very fast for me Friday at track so am taking my own advice.

Next weekend meant to be doing Parliament Hill 5 miles cross country moved from January when it was cancelled but have Brightton half Sunday ... What do we think? If I don't kill myself at Parliament hill and if I treat Brighton half as LSR not race I shudder be okay shouldn't I ?
10/02/2013 at 10:49
Yes AH YOU and the rubber ..... You saucy mare. I once went to the agency summer party years ago .. It was a pyjama party, come in your night clothes , I went in a wet suit ! ! All the girls hated me. I am still in bed with my book and have done so many less miles than you.. Must get up and do something. Iron my work clothes maybe, cross training ....
10/02/2013 at 11:05

Sorry you're feeling rough, Susan.  But you will always survive a mara.  You've got ages to go. When's Brighton half?

I'm not doing Parliament hill next week. The original one was on the same day as the Tooting swim thing and the new date is the day before the Bramley 20.  So my xc season has finished. Yesterday's was the last.  I think it's served me well over the last few months - a good way of getting a good threshold run in. I always dread them because they're so hard, but as the season goes on the nastiness during the race diminishes.

10/02/2013 at 11:07

Hope you feel better Susan.

I just did 17 miles with TGR. Was meant to be 16, but his Geography went a bit wrong. Nice to know that other people do that too.

Thanks for advice re training. If it's a training plan, why does it say do 12 the week before? Is it because it's the improver's one and I'm not really an improver?

All of me hurts. Now I need to work on the Literature Review part of my MA. To make it more fun I'm going to go to the coffee shop. Basey will come there too and work on job interviews. He's been for a thousand really good job interviews, had lots of brilliant feedback but then doesn't get the job because someone else has more this, more that. All very frustrating.

Was very cold out today. My left leg hurt but not in a debilitating way. It hurt from driving. I think I might have some kind of sciatic issue because it always hurts there on a long journey. top of leg under buttock and numb all the way down to little toe. When driving. When I run it's only the top of leg bit, but it doesn't slow me down. I'm happy to swap ITB for that... It doesn't really slow me down. I averaged 10 minute miles. With all this talk of slow LSRs I'm happy with that. Though still not convinced I could run a whole mara at 9:09. 

I love the smell of wetsuits. It makes me think of summer holidays and surfing and being really overexcited because I'm about to go surfing.

10/02/2013 at 13:30

well done Ickle.

Brighton half next sunday AH - so am contemplating the x country at P. Hill saturday and the half sunday - wont be breaking any record so may just give both a go - so long as feeling fit.

cant explain how I feel today - its weird - sort of headachey weird feeling in the head and a bit spacey - strange -

10/02/2013 at 20:09
Hi folks, I have been out of the loop for while, its been a tough week!
Totally un related to running, I had to have my 13 year old lab put to sleep on tuesday, we got her 11 years ago, I am still distraught! Absolutely heart broken!
On a positive note, getting out on the road has helped clear my head and made me feel more positive about things.
11 miles yesterday, averaged 8 minute mile pace, so should be on for a sub 1h 45 bath half in 3 weeks!
10/02/2013 at 20:31

Oh Bless you Scott. That's tough.

10/02/2013 at 21:41
Yed ikle, pretty crappy, but I will get through it!
Had job interview on Thursday, fingers crossed, things can only get better!
10/02/2013 at 23:03
Scott
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.