sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,821 to 63,840 of 67,285 messages
09/02/2013 at 20:12

I obv can't spell that word Ikle! 

XC was actually ok today. I love the camaraderie of  all the girls before the start, wibbling etc. Actually it was ok. I was near the back as usual, but I was near a particular woman which shows I did a good job. And I overtook about 6 ladies on the second lap so, despite all my stiff legged knackeredness I actually ran ok and ran strongly. Go me.

In big news - I'm going to have a lie in tomorrow and not go down to the sea. It'll be huge and wavy and sod it. I'll go on Tuesday instead.

In other news - I've just finished off the stuffing to the pasties we're having for supper  and basically have had to spit out a mouthful of raw onion... except the taste's still there.

Have a great evening everyone.

09/02/2013 at 20:18

Fidooooooooooooooo2Dooooooooogs.....sorry about your forum not being that hot!! I know I should be doing core stuff and it doesn't actually take up much time and have no idea why I don't do it!! My core at moment seems to be lost in my winter cover of blubber. 

Susan - I ran 7 miles with club on Thursday and was slow and well behind people I usually run with so for me you having done a sub 2 hour half is impressive (its all relative as I say!!)

09/02/2013 at 20:28

AH, I don't know why I felt the need to point it out.

Umbongo, I'm sure it's there underneath. If it would be on top, that would be a bit gross.

I am doing 16 miles tomorrow in the rain. I am kind of looking forward to it. Going to do 14 in France, and attempt the last 4 at (sub 4?) marathon pace, see what happens. Then I have 18 (with fast finish), 20 (fast finish), 20 (fast finish and also my Silverstone half. Not sure what to do there... ), 15, 22, 15,12 then RACE!

Does anyone think that 12 is a bit much for a pre marathon week long run? I think that I do. But have followed the plan pretty much until now. It's the Runner's World Improvers' marathon plan, anyone who is interested. I'm very very excited now.

Fact: I have never ever had a running dream.

Edited: 09/02/2013 at 20:31
09/02/2013 at 20:32

Ps I did my 10th parkrun today and paced my sister in law for her first to a sub 30, so nice n slow for me. Then did another mile and stopped because I was entirely knackered.

09/02/2013 at 20:33

Not from the run, but from life. Had a snooze this afternoon. Feel better now. J'aime faire le courir.

09/02/2013 at 20:51
Can I just clarify Ickle you are doing TWO 20 s and a 22 and an 18 ?
Well done on your cross country Hen, are you doing Parliament Hill next sat ?

Umbongo - thank you
09/02/2013 at 20:52

Ikle - don't push the limits too much... esp. at Silverstone. 12 miles the week before? Maybe too much, how many marathons have you done before?

I did my own solitary Parkrun today - can never get to either Poole or Southampton so mapped out my own 5k loop around the village. Flopped around in the damp cold in just under 23 minutes... felt very laboured. Realised I've never raced 5k before... it's quite hard isn't it?

Still pondering on Autumn plans... anyone doing anything?

09/02/2013 at 20:53

Oh... 

and nice to see your brief appearance Umb... made my weekend... 

09/02/2013 at 20:55

and...

Hen - raw onion is not going to do anyone any favours... ugh! Good, however, to see you're going to stay put in the morning (for a change!)

09/02/2013 at 21:09

This will be my 4 and a halfth marathon.

09/02/2013 at 21:25

I am aware there is nothing brief about my appearances. Especially when I'm meant to be doing my work.

09/02/2013 at 22:02

Not Ikle brief...

Umbongo brief... a very different thing 

10/02/2013 at 00:20

Ikle - I am not sure I do have a core any more!!?? I think it fell off when I wasn't looking.

Dave - great to see you are running so well at the moment and doing such good times. 

10/02/2013 at 09:06
Working on my corrrrr

Dave and the monkey man are so cute

Talking of cute where is WT ?
10/02/2013 at 10:36
Iklebutn Miles wrote (see)

AH, I don't know why I felt the need to point it out.

Ikle it's been said before .

Yes 12 too much the week before esp if you've been tired and have done lots of mileage/training in the build up.  It won't give you any extra fitness, but might hamper your recovery/energy build up.

My running dream is to go sub bloody 4. Although I know that's not the sort of running dream you meant.

Hello UmB. We've missed you and your witty humour.

FCR - thanks for that link to the 2.45 thread or whatever it was. Interesting and reassuring to see that so many advocate slooooow LSRs. I also followed the links on there to HADD's training. Have never heard of him before but it make good reading. If he's right, of course.  But the short cut version is run your long run very slowly. 

Doesn't matter what you know or how experienced you are - in the middle of a marathon build up we all need reassurance, don't we?

10/02/2013 at 10:42

Oh - and I woke up after 11 hours sleep at the time I would have been getting into the sea if I'd gone down. Think I can safely say I needed the sleep more than the swim. The thing is, I do like the swimming, but I am still apprehensive about being thrown about in the sea and the forecast for this morning was high winds and big seas.  Once I'm actually in the water I can deal with it ok, but surf + cold water = stress = feeling the cold more = what AM I doing?

So of course all that means I could have done my LSR today and not Thurs... but there you go.  Am still in bed . Have had four pieces of toast and two cups of tea. AR has just brought me coffee. THAT's the sort of Sunday I need every so often.

10/02/2013 at 10:42

Am going to do my wetsuit revew in bed, too. Am now surrounded by wetsuits and the bedroom smells of rubber. A lot of people would pay good money for that.

10/02/2013 at 10:43

.... not ME and the rubber, just rubber in general...

10/02/2013 at 10:45
Decided to stay in bed and read my book this morning. Was going to try and clock up some miles having 13 as my top so far .. Did 9 very slowly yesterday with teenager girl in Patch year who is doing Brighton half. 9 yesterday is longest she has done she is raising money for gap year to work in Argentina in orphanage. Felt rather ill last night, just off colour so ditched my run idea today. Ran very fast for me Friday at track so am taking my own advice.

Next weekend meant to be doing Parliament Hill 5 miles cross country moved from January when it was cancelled but have Brightton half Sunday ... What do we think? If I don't kill myself at Parliament hill and if I treat Brighton half as LSR not race I shudder be okay shouldn't I ?
10/02/2013 at 10:49
Yes AH YOU and the rubber ..... You saucy mare. I once went to the agency summer party years ago .. It was a pyjama party, come in your night clothes , I went in a wet suit ! ! All the girls hated me. I am still in bed with my book and have done so many less miles than you.. Must get up and do something. Iron my work clothes maybe, cross training ....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.