sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,901 to 63,920 of 67,391 messages
14/02/2013 at 23:32
I am listening to tim mcgraw, strangechow things turn out
15/02/2013 at 00:17
Creepy, Susan is now advertising Pizza Hut with a link ?

Is that a new forum thing ?

So if I mention Mr Kipling's Cakes... ? All the money I could've earned !

Oh took awhile but race report for Thames Trot ultra Still learning...

Bonne Nuit mes amis. Comme les Waltons
Moins est Plus ?
15/02/2013 at 07:16
Bonsoir, johnny garcon!
15/02/2013 at 08:06
No idea how that tured into a link to P Hut ! Never normally eat them, Patch some times does but they are pretty disgusting . Tasted quite horsey ..
15/02/2013 at 08:19
I enjoyed your race report, FRC. Feet cold just reading about it! Amazing. Well done. Can't imagine running that far.
15/02/2013 at 09:13

Hah! FRC - 7.15/7.30 is a long way from being my 5k pace.  I nearly died doing 7.35 for 3200m!  I wish...

Hello Big Eater.  Is VLM your first mara?  WEll, as you say, you didn't train much for your half, but well, if you're training for 4.30, I'd say go for 4.30, find out what it's like, really enjoy it so you want to come back for more and aim for something faster. Your first marathon is exciting, but if it's VLM it's even better.  I'm jealous!

15/02/2013 at 09:15

Just done 6 miles with four miles at 8.20s.  Managed it but not really very comfortably.

The blimmin swimming on SUnday is really getting in the way.  God knows how I'm going to fit everything in next week.  Am taking C to Cambridge for an English thing next SAturday - am going to have to go off and run while she's English-ing I think. No sitting and relaxing in coffee bars for me...

15/02/2013 at 11:48

I have 10miles tonight, with the middle 6 at half marathon pace

then a 5mi recovery jog tomorrow.

then a 20mile slow run on Sunday. Dropping the missus off at work at 7am so hoping to get out and back before lunchtime, maybe have a nap on the sofa and make myself some nice carby food fingers crossed the weather looks dry

15/02/2013 at 13:06

afternoon all

lots of good running and french going on!

Parly hill tomorrow, 15 sunday, just mapped it! Out with me girlies tonight, good times...

Run well this weekend peeps

Edited: 15/02/2013 at 13:06
15/02/2013 at 13:13

'WIsh I didn't care, Wabo!  Some lady in the gym yesterday was telling me I should just go to enjoy it.  Don't think she understood the principle of PBs, trying for bloody years etc etc!  Bless her .'

hen totally know what you mean but I have sort of given up on sub 4 for me, think maybe I am one of only a couple on here who has not achieved it, and much as it would be nice, I just know it probably won't happen - for me.

15/02/2013 at 16:36

its Bramley 20 for you Sunday isnt Hen -will you fit in the swim before or after?

See you tomorrow Wabo up that lovely jubbly hill!! just the 13.1 for me sunday .. better eat some food later I guess.... is Parliament hill 5 miles??  (in denial) ...

15/02/2013 at 17:41

Yep Bramley 20 on Sunday. Never done it before. (also in denial).

15/02/2013 at 18:15

Ohhh. its the Wabo v Slack smackdown this weekend?

Welcome big eater. first marathon, enjoy it. time doesn't matter.

AH, Bramley 20 sounds good, enjoy. Remember, training run, not race.

I've tweaked my vastus medialus according to my lady. slightly swollen knee going to inside quad. not major though.

Just planning 2 circuits, maybe a light 5 miler so I'm in the Less is More camp this weekend..

That Susan is terrible, XC AND a half.

Good weekend everyone.

15/02/2013 at 18:22

should you not just REST FRC ??  novel concept  I know

dont think we are racing each other are we Wabo - we are women .. its different.

15/02/2013 at 18:23

there she goes again .. TOTP.... its happening all the time! 

15/02/2013 at 19:09
Artful hen/ frc... Thanks for the welcome, yes first marathon and really looking forward to it. Training going well and so far to plan and will continue with that and as you say just enjoy it! No matter what if I finish it will be a pb!
15/02/2013 at 20:11

AH is very sensible. 9/10 people get something or other wrong in their first marathon, just because it's such a long way and so the opportunity for **ckups is so big! So best to treat this as the pilot show and then recast for the full series!

My 10k/hm bests are 51:25 and 1:53:20 but I did squeak under 4h once. But I don't go full blast very often so that may not mean much. What gave me most confidence was the marathon pace runs and long runs with marathon pace sections at the end. At the height of marathon training, being able to do 10 miles 9:02-9:05 pace, or do the last 5-10 miles of a 20 miler run at MP was what gave me the feeling I might be able to scrape sub-4 if absolutely everything was right on the day. (Pace ignores time spent leaping into the shrubbery! )

Had a massage today and then a big bag of chips. Hmmm Well wouldn't want to peak too soon!!! Have run 1(!) mile this week but feeling a bit more human today.

A good strategy for a first marathon is to do the first 16-20 miles at long run pace and then get a bit brisker, as that almost guarantees a strong confident finish, trundling past all the poor sods who went off too fast and then got that oh.God.i.feel.all.gone.and.I.Have.seven.more.miles.to.run.feeling. Like.this.I.just.want.to.stop.NOW feeling.

15/02/2013 at 22:52
Just what Fido says .. So true
15/02/2013 at 23:00
Mm yes good advice re long runs Fido. I just ran 8 hilly miles in Paris, dontcha know. Legs killing. Vin rouge consumed.
16/02/2013 at 09:19
Tres Bon
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.