Oh 5 am .. Must go to sleep
16/02/2013 at 23:07
TOTP ... Again
16/02/2013 at 23:16
You keep doing it!
17/02/2013 at 09:30

Morning all

My fav race today and weather is perfect (Stamford 30K) Wish I was there

Hope the runs go well today all. Training seems to be on track for all Lets keep it that way. Im not going long this weekend as I have a race next Saturday so lets just call it a mini taper

17/02/2013 at 14:43
Things went pretty well for me today, up at 6.30, porridge for breakfast, back to bed until 8.15 and actually slept! Up again at 8.15, met my running bud for a nice 10 miler around Boston. All seemed to go ok, averaged 8 minute mile pace, all looking good for bath half in a couple of weeks!
Martin, where are you racing next saturday?
17/02/2013 at 15:50

I bet Martin's got a sneaky marathon slotted in - he's sounding shifty .

Ikle - it'll pass.  Your legs are probably still adjusting to their new running style.  This is the tricky thing about a long marathon training prog, isn't it?  It just goes on and on and on. But consistency is key. Just keep doing it and you'll come out the other side even stronger.

17/02/2013 at 15:58

Wonder how the Brighton half went?

My race was SO civilised today. Didn't even have to leave home until 8.30. Joined up with a charabanc of friends and met even more at the race. Two laps in the sunshine. Steady Eddy, with a guy who's never run past 16 before and is doing his first marathon at VLM.  Had to hold him back at the start but he did really well up to 16 miles, then started to flag a bit. Between 10 and 10.15 m/m. Towards the end I kept thinking he was with me and I'd dropped him so I looped back to get him. Made me feel great because I know that, if I'd had to, I could have finished nice and strong in about 3.15/3.20. The cheeky bugger put on a bloody sprint in the last 400m though which I thought was a bit rude. But I was feeling great so I made sure we finished together.

If anyone's vaguely in the Reading ish neck of the woods, I'd heartily recommend it as a great 20 miler. There's  a 10, too.

17/02/2013 at 16:00

Forgot to stop my watch so actually don't know what time I did. The clock said 3.25 but chip might be more like 3.23.

17/02/2013 at 16:11
AH, a friend of mine did Brighton and got a 6 minute PB! Not had proper chance to talk to her yet, but sounds like a perfect day?.
17/02/2013 at 18:52
Well done Lou looking good

Scott very speedy

Its not a secret but next Saturday I will be in Swansea (have friends down there so going thursday to tuesday) and doing the born to run ultra 40 miles. Its flat and earlier than I would have liked but this will be my longest run before comrades I will not be racing but hope to do around 7 hours. Last weeks marathon was never in the plan its just sort of happened!
17/02/2013 at 19:10
Martin, As they do. It just sort of popped out when I was on the way to the shops type marathon. Happens all the time to me.

AH, Nice 20 miler , and good helping that guy, even if he tried sprinting. Cheeky.
And not being controversial about the red mist being a man thing. I don't have mist, I have a full tunnel in short races ! Marathons and halfs though, much more logical, sensible.
Did read another thread today, and someone female aiming for much lower paced 20 race 8-8.30, and went much faster doing 2:31 time, so it is possible for some to race.

Scott looking good.

Legs feeling much better, quad / knee still a bit sore but not pain. Nice 6 miles at 8-9 mm with an hours circuit after at max, with some sprint sections.. (training effect info for Susan later, in English). A few more days careful running and should be fine.

Where is Susan ? slac isn't some fine pun on Susan's club name is it? London athletics club.. Just wondered.
Edited: 17/02/2013 at 19:10
17/02/2013 at 19:30
Pre race nerves are creeping in!
17/02/2013 at 20:16
Had to go straight to bro in law birthday lunch en route back from Brighton, it was a short night interrupted by texts to partying teen and hubby, up at 5.20 and to a brilliantly sunny Brighton. James house right by the start so had loo available in filthy house wher six young chaps live, James had cleared up but gone out and come back at 4 am to mess .. Never mind, good to see they wash their pants and have airing racks in the living room.

Gorgeous day to run ran with Sian my great mate who was last at p hill yesterday, Shade who I ran Nice with and Cassie, 18 in Patrick class doing her first Mara. We did nice steady pace .. Very enjoyable, Sian started to falter at ten, so Shade and Cassie kept going and as Sian was so left behind yesterday I ducked back for her, aka AH others finished in 2.22 and we in 2.26. PW for half but very lovely run. 25 th half Mara I think.

FRC ..we can all RACE of course we can, it's just that we can also NOT RACE in a race
17/02/2013 at 20:57
Slack, did you do Brighton half?
17/02/2013 at 20:58
Yes indeed, glorious day, done it three times now.
17/02/2013 at 21:05
Slack, were you happy with your time?
17/02/2013 at 21:06
I am slightly jealous that I wasn't racing today!
17/02/2013 at 21:34
Yesterday i had raw steak plus raw egg, yuk. Today escargot tres delicious... Very very extremely nervous about getting to and going to French school tomorrow. Gulp. Legs still aching today from runs especially front of upper legs. Quads? Am inclined to believe AH theory of refined running style. Hope she is right. Makes sense. Bon nuit, tout le monde. Beacoup de baisir. X
17/02/2013 at 22:44

J'aime les oeufs crus trop ... non!

Not much running heroics from me... so that's it really

18/02/2013 at 12:14

Scott - was happy with my time as that what all I was doing - getting to the end with some mates and in the end I decided to wait for the slowest most heroic mate - and I did 5 miles cross country saturday - I did a hilly half two weeks ago in sub 2 hours and my half pb is 1 hour 45 - so its all about the day and the point in training etc etc.. it was a glorious day - bright sunshine and cool breeze - sea all the way - what more could you want.

jetting off to Budapest now for three days with hubby and two boys... lovely .. no running for me at all.... rest its called 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.