sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,941 to 63,960 of 67,393 messages
17/02/2013 at 16:00

Forgot to stop my watch so actually don't know what time I did. The clock said 3.25 but chip might be more like 3.23.

17/02/2013 at 16:11
AH, a friend of mine did Brighton and got a 6 minute PB! Not had proper chance to talk to her yet, but sounds like a perfect day?.
17/02/2013 at 18:52
Well done Lou looking good

Scott very speedy

Its not a secret but next Saturday I will be in Swansea (have friends down there so going thursday to tuesday) and doing the born to run ultra 40 miles. Its flat and earlier than I would have liked but this will be my longest run before comrades I will not be racing but hope to do around 7 hours. Last weeks marathon was never in the plan its just sort of happened!
17/02/2013 at 19:10
Martin, As they do. It just sort of popped out when I was on the way to the shops type marathon. Happens all the time to me.

AH, Nice 20 miler , and good helping that guy, even if he tried sprinting. Cheeky.
And not being controversial about the red mist being a man thing. I don't have mist, I have a full tunnel in short races ! Marathons and halfs though, much more logical, sensible.
Did read another thread today, and someone female aiming for much lower paced 20 race 8-8.30, and went much faster doing 2:31 time, so it is possible for some to race.

Scott looking good.

Legs feeling much better, quad / knee still a bit sore but not pain. Nice 6 miles at 8-9 mm with an hours circuit after at max, with some sprint sections.. (training effect info for Susan later, in English). A few more days careful running and should be fine.

Where is Susan ? slac isn't some fine pun on Susan's club name is it? London athletics club.. Just wondered.
Edited: 17/02/2013 at 19:10
17/02/2013 at 19:30
Pre race nerves are creeping in!
17/02/2013 at 20:16
Had to go straight to bro in law birthday lunch en route back from Brighton, it was a short night interrupted by texts to partying teen and hubby, up at 5.20 and to a brilliantly sunny Brighton. James house right by the start so had loo available in filthy house wher six young chaps live, James had cleared up but gone out and come back at 4 am to mess .. Never mind, good to see they wash their pants and have airing racks in the living room.

Gorgeous day to run ran with Sian my great mate who was last at p hill yesterday, Shade who I ran Nice with and Cassie, 18 in Patrick class doing her first Mara. We did nice steady pace .. Very enjoyable, Sian started to falter at ten, so Shade and Cassie kept going and as Sian was so left behind yesterday I ducked back for her, aka AH others finished in 2.22 and we in 2.26. PW for half but very lovely run. 25 th half Mara I think.

FRC ..we can all RACE of course we can, it's just that we can also NOT RACE in a race
17/02/2013 at 20:57
Slack, did you do Brighton half?
17/02/2013 at 20:58
Yes indeed, glorious day, done it three times now.
17/02/2013 at 21:05
Slack, were you happy with your time?
17/02/2013 at 21:06
I am slightly jealous that I wasn't racing today!
17/02/2013 at 21:34
Yesterday i had raw steak plus raw egg, yuk. Today escargot tres delicious... Very very extremely nervous about getting to and going to French school tomorrow. Gulp. Legs still aching today from runs especially front of upper legs. Quads? Am inclined to believe AH theory of refined running style. Hope she is right. Makes sense. Bon nuit, tout le monde. Beacoup de baisir. X
17/02/2013 at 22:44

J'aime les oeufs crus trop ... non!

Not much running heroics from me... so that's it really

18/02/2013 at 12:14

Scott - was happy with my time as that what all I was doing - getting to the end with some mates and in the end I decided to wait for the slowest most heroic mate - and I did 5 miles cross country saturday - I did a hilly half two weeks ago in sub 2 hours and my half pb is 1 hour 45 - so its all about the day and the point in training etc etc.. it was a glorious day - bright sunshine and cool breeze - sea all the way - what more could you want.

jetting off to Budapest now for three days with hubby and two boys... lovely .. no running for me at all.... rest its called 

18/02/2013 at 12:45

nice one susan, lovely to see you on saturday!

hen loved your photos!

ikle, raw steak and raw eggs, ooh not for me!

got to rest today, did parly hill like susan and then 15 miles off road hilly yesterday, I was so tired in the last couple of miles but dug in!

18/02/2013 at 12:51

Have swum and legs feel MUCH better. Halo polished. Still have the Skins on, though.

Have an awesome time in Wales, Martin. You'll just have to add some hills on the end .

18/02/2013 at 14:12

did pilates today before we go off .. nice and stretchy although the class is getting so full its a bit mad!   good to see your halo and have a good rest Wabo - you are looking sooo good 

18/02/2013 at 14:12

good to see your halo AH I meant to say

18/02/2013 at 22:10
lou thanks for that. As. a matter of fact I am but there will a 4 week break. Im also doing the rhyder round the lakes 20 in March and that has some very big hills!
19/02/2013 at 12:59

Ikle, at least it was le beouf tartare, and not les cheval Raw eggs though, uggg. Hope the legs aren't too sore, did TRS recommend any exercises or stretches for you with the change in your running action?

Oh, Paris ! Can't remember if I said about the Tesco (yes Tesco) club card thing in MontParnasse Tower. Its an ugly looking tall tower, but gets you the best views of Paris for about $10-15 - use club card for 50% discount. If you go up Eifel Tower, everyone asks where it is in photos, so go here instead. Nice cafe at top too. Rodin gardens & museum are great with the War museum & Napoleons tomb right next to it. Hated Loevre too big and so crammed in.

Well done Susan, and Wabo, 2 great days of running. Susan enjoy the break.

And susan I wasn't saying women couldn't race, just AH's controversial bit about it not happening in training runs/ events.. I didn't think it was that controversial.  I was going to post and agree on Saturday. Then Sunday, read another thread with good female runner aiming for 2:40-45 and ending up 2:31.. So maybe not that different , once gels (and maybe caffeine perhaps) kick in?

AH, how are the legs?

Martin - was going to do Rhayader, but probably not now, did have a lift organised but would mean staying over. Shame. Jovi recommended Stafford the week before too. Was looking at a sneaky trail marathon as training end of March though.

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 12:59
19/02/2013 at 22:54
Good evening folks, not much to report, 8.5 miles, club run, well, 3 of us, tonight. Steady run, really looking forward to Bath Half on the 3rd........
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.