sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,961 to 63,980 of 66,871 messages
18/02/2013 at 12:45

nice one susan, lovely to see you on saturday!

hen loved your photos!

ikle, raw steak and raw eggs, ooh not for me!

got to rest today, did parly hill like susan and then 15 miles off road hilly yesterday, I was so tired in the last couple of miles but dug in!

18/02/2013 at 12:51

Have swum and legs feel MUCH better. Halo polished. Still have the Skins on, though.

Have an awesome time in Wales, Martin. You'll just have to add some hills on the end .

18/02/2013 at 14:12

did pilates today before we go off .. nice and stretchy although the class is getting so full its a bit mad!   good to see your halo and have a good rest Wabo - you are looking sooo good 

18/02/2013 at 14:12

good to see your halo AH I meant to say

18/02/2013 at 22:10
lou thanks for that. As. a matter of fact I am but there will a 4 week break. Im also doing the rhyder round the lakes 20 in March and that has some very big hills!
19/02/2013 at 12:59

Ikle, at least it was le beouf tartare, and not les cheval Raw eggs though, uggg. Hope the legs aren't too sore, did TRS recommend any exercises or stretches for you with the change in your running action?

Oh, Paris ! Can't remember if I said about the Tesco (yes Tesco) club card thing in MontParnasse Tower. Its an ugly looking tall tower, but gets you the best views of Paris for about $10-15 - use club card for 50% discount. If you go up Eifel Tower, everyone asks where it is in photos, so go here instead. Nice cafe at top too. Rodin gardens & museum are great with the War museum & Napoleons tomb right next to it. Hated Loevre too big and so crammed in.

Well done Susan, and Wabo, 2 great days of running. Susan enjoy the break.

And susan I wasn't saying women couldn't race, just AH's controversial bit about it not happening in training runs/ events.. I didn't think it was that controversial.  I was going to post and agree on Saturday. Then Sunday, read another thread with good female runner aiming for 2:40-45 and ending up 2:31.. So maybe not that different , once gels (and maybe caffeine perhaps) kick in?

AH, how are the legs?

Martin - was going to do Rhayader, but probably not now, did have a lift organised but would mean staying over. Shame. Jovi recommended Stafford the week before too. Was looking at a sneaky trail marathon as training end of March though.

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 12:59
19/02/2013 at 22:54
Good evening folks, not much to report, 8.5 miles, club run, well, 3 of us, tonight. Steady run, really looking forward to Bath Half on the 3rd........
19/02/2013 at 23:16
Sounds good Scott, aiming for 1:45 if I remember correctly?

After recovery & recent niggles post ultra, first speed session tonight in 4-5 weeks apart from races. No lift back off my Missus since she was busy, so dropped off a little away from club for warm up then gave fartlek a try with the top group. Panther legs still there. Phew. Then cool down jog back home.
Miscalculated though, ended up doing 1.5m to club, 6.5m fartlek, then 4 miles back, touch under 12 miles.

Oh, sensible decision, not 100% happy with new Saucony Ride 5 (90 quid ) after doing 700-800 miles in 3s all last year, even 15 miles of the ultra. Sore ITB and knees with the change in drop on the 5 maybe?. Found the Ride 3s for ??25 so bought 2 pairs. They feel just lovely, like a favourite pair of slippers. Bliss

Chilly out there 8pm, freezing fog along the seafront, cold snap next few days for everyone? Wrap up if running at night. Night.
Edited: 19/02/2013 at 23:18
19/02/2013 at 23:22
Yes, frc, looking to do sub 1.45! 16 minutes quicker than last year and a 10 minute PB, should be doable though...
20/02/2013 at 10:11

morning all

oh man I had one of those runs this morning, 10 miles d&d, but it was hard. Out with a  mate tonight so it had to be done..

thats great when you find a lovely comfy shoe frc and especially at a good price like that!

20/02/2013 at 11:15
I would prefer cheval as long as it was cooked and it said so on the tin.
20/02/2013 at 11:54
Well done Wabo. I'm off home now. Several pounds heavier I'm sure...
20/02/2013 at 14:00

FRC - the 5s were perhaps a touch too much too soon, but perhaps if you wear them every now and again your legs will get used to them and you won't have wasted the money on them.  As you know it's good for feet not to always land in the same way in the same shoe.

Good job, Wabo, on the 10. Just one of those crap  ones, eh? But they're the ones that make you stronger!

Tutu's baby is overdue - or was when she last posted on FB.  I wonder if babe has arrived yet?

20/02/2013 at 14:12

And - I hardly dare admit it... I think my brain has blocked out any excitement because I still feel I shouldn't be doing it because we're broke.... but I'm going to Lanzarote next week!   On the training camp that Tutu, Jovi and I did.

I'm going to be on Purple Tri Lady's sofa so am not paying top dollar but of course the flights are more expensive than they would have been if I'd just booked at the normal time.   What a false economy that was...

Will do lots of swimming in the freezing cold pool and of course, some running. I won't be doing two sessions a day lke the rest of them, though. I will prob just do three or four runs.

20/02/2013 at 14:24

Wow hen sounds fun!  I think you are right about tutu's bubba. That's interesting about shoes hen, I wear 3 different types to be honest and often wonder if it's ok, but don't seem to be getting any problems so it must be!

20/02/2013 at 14:31

See Wabo, you're a genius and you didn't even know it.

20/02/2013 at 14:52
Wabo definitely a genius. Sleek one at that too

Both are neutral shoes but 3 has maybe a bit more cushioning, and a 12 drop not 8. Weird though no problems with racing flats and other lower drop Sauconys.

2 friends with Brooks and New Balance exactly the same problem , their model updated and now causing problems.

Yes was going to use the Saucony Ride 5 occasionally. 6 is almost out after less than 6 months. Hufff.

Enjoy the camp AH.
Edited: 20/02/2013 at 14:53
20/02/2013 at 15:27

why thanks guys...

20/02/2013 at 20:24

10 miles so soon after THAT CROSS COUNTRY and 15 hilly miles sunday - well I am not so surprised it was hard Wabo - I have done a big fat zero miles since my 13.1 on sunday but I will do a little one tomorrow ... had a jolly old time in Budapest very brief - arrived there 8pm MOnday left at 2pm today!! but two lovely evenings and great morning at the Szcheni baths with my 3 chaps...

AH - ooo get you .. cant believe you are off to Lanzarote again this year .. very envious. ...

20/02/2013 at 20:32

Have a great time Lou

Susan- Budapest

Wabo- Great stuff

Scott- Sure you can go 1.45

Martin- Swamsea! O well Still a good break not exactly a rest!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.