sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

63,981 to 64,000 of 67,665 messages
21/02/2013 at 12:53
Gosh all of the 10 AH? Well done. How many should i attempt of tomorrow's 18? 8? Thought terrifies me...
21/02/2013 at 13:05

frc dont scare me surely not that many miles in 5 days? Oh I think you are right! This week will be a 40 mile week for me which is mad.  I just do feel really good at the moment, weight loss, doing more tai chi, Ithink its all helped!

AH Ihave to do MP on sunday, 7 miles I think, or maybe 8, oo er!

21/02/2013 at 13:08
Yes tis true that of which FRC speaks! It's going to be part of a section of my life entitled 'running life after a sub 4 mara'.
21/02/2013 at 13:15
You have done so well Wabo. Are doing, rather. I'm frustrated with my lack of weight loss. It's like I don't care enough to give myself the best chance (of a sub 4) Do you find that weight loss has speeded you up, Wabo?
21/02/2013 at 13:23
My last TRS was good today. Different person so I couldn't really say thanks... She said do Pilates and showed me some hamstring/glutes stretches. And I got my before and after vids! Exciting! I look like a different person! So much more upright and using my arms, which are straight! Woo hoo!
21/02/2013 at 13:24
I mean in line, not literally straight...
21/02/2013 at 13:43
Ikle really no need to do MP on long runs. Hence the slow bit. If you must, maybe the last 2. That works , fast finish but not needed. The MP or faster runs we are all doing are MLR medium midweek runs?

AH. Remember casa FRC is available if you want to stay over. Chester might do , not planned yet but certainly watching. Wabo ditto you if you still fancy the tunnel 10k run in June.

Pretty sure I'm much faster than I was a 17+ stone.
Every stone or half worth a minute per mile?
Feels like it sometimes.
21/02/2013 at 16:30
My god AH that's impressive, not sure I could do that but then I never am. Bracing myself for small joggette, first run since Brighton Sunday .. It's gone so horrid and cold again! Yuck ...

Budapest October .. Can't do this year .. Maybe 2014 ...?
21/02/2013 at 18:26
Just did 5 miles ... Last mile ... Quite fast ... Phew. Brings my mileage for the week to ... 5 miles ! Yay ... Go me .....
21/02/2013 at 19:05
Susan, you make me laugh!
21/02/2013 at 19:29

Me too .  Yes Ikle, as FRC says, you don't have to beast yourself on a long run.  They're hard enough.  Mine was a tempo run today.  I think because I haven't got a looooong run this weekend they give you a longer midweek run. And instead of making that longish midweek run a tough threshold/tempo session, you practice MP.  It was def too tough for my liking.  Still, lets hope the next few weeks make it a bit easier.  It's all hard at this stage. Fret not - we're all beginning to feel a bit knackered.

So glad your TRS before and after looks good! How exciting!  You've done such a good job.

22/02/2013 at 09:26
frc sarurday. Its very cold and windy. I am. genuinely corncerned about finishing more about the weather than the distance. Have 5 layers f vest to thick jacket. Time target also changed to FINISH!

some of you are doing more miles a week than me. Amazing running but just out of intrest I will not admit that I was unhappy with my pb as so close to a better pen for C . speaking to on line coach I should not try again as its already time to start saving energu. Very surprised but just shows we should be running slower
22/02/2013 at 09:28
typing on phone again! awful but think it makes sense
22/02/2013 at 10:54
It does! (sure I already wrote that!)
I feel a bit ropey... Scratchy throat, lots of people were unwell in France but not me. Unfortunately not ropey enough to avoid 18 miler! Or fortunately perhaps... Checked scales today when i had the nerve and it's all psychological because I've actually lost weight! Not fat after all! ???? isn't your mind a funny thing?
22/02/2013 at 10:56
4 x ? - smiley face.
22/02/2013 at 12:45
Good luck for 18 ! Did another 5 this am with terrible hangover not sure what happened but there was Baileys at the end...

Will attempt 15 or 17 tomorrow depending how I feel. Gordon birthday today ..
22/02/2013 at 12:47
Just read your post Martin re running slower ... You see .. I am in fact a running guru not just a lazy arse
22/02/2013 at 12:56

Ikle, you missed TOTP?

Once you start doing the long runs, the weight usually comes off so not surprising. The slower speed is or should be more in your fat burning area. All helps improve speed, so running will get easier for you.

Martin, didn't quite follow the PB bit. you mean your recent marathon? Good luck tomorrow.

Susan, 5 miles for this week, you did XC & a half marathon at weekend, so last 7 days is 25-26 miles. More than me

A lovely (tough) 8ish miles last night, a threshold rather than a steady tempo run.

Warm up, 3 miles MP, 2 miles at roughly 15k pace, 1 mile MP, cool down.

W/U 8:25, 7:45, (5 min break at club), 7:11, 7:15, 7:19 (some hills), 6:30, 6:35, 7:14, C/D 5 mins jogged.

Felt tough but not the last mile @ MP weirdly. Good session to try.

22/02/2013 at 13:15

ikle, weight loss has most definitely made a difference, it just feels so much easier! Ikle I can never imagine you being fat or even overweight!

happy birthday to gordon susan!

my run last night felt so tough....

22/02/2013 at 16:08

Wabo, fanks! Gordon, HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH.

What else? Oh yes, I did 18 miles with the last 3 fast. It was horrid. I am now officially a boy though, because I had to keep telling myself to slow down. Go to facebook and open the Garmin link if you are sufficiently interested. I am dead now.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.