sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,001 to 64,020 of 67,278 messages
22/02/2013 at 10:54
It does! (sure I already wrote that!)
I feel a bit ropey... Scratchy throat, lots of people were unwell in France but not me. Unfortunately not ropey enough to avoid 18 miler! Or fortunately perhaps... Checked scales today when i had the nerve and it's all psychological because I've actually lost weight! Not fat after all! ???? isn't your mind a funny thing?
22/02/2013 at 10:56
4 x ? - smiley face.
22/02/2013 at 12:45
Good luck for 18 ! Did another 5 this am with terrible hangover not sure what happened but there was Baileys at the end...

Will attempt 15 or 17 tomorrow depending how I feel. Gordon birthday today ..
22/02/2013 at 12:47
Just read your post Martin re running slower ... You see .. I am in fact a running guru not just a lazy arse
22/02/2013 at 12:56

Ikle, you missed TOTP?

Once you start doing the long runs, the weight usually comes off so not surprising. The slower speed is or should be more in your fat burning area. All helps improve speed, so running will get easier for you.

Martin, didn't quite follow the PB bit. you mean your recent marathon? Good luck tomorrow.

Susan, 5 miles for this week, you did XC & a half marathon at weekend, so last 7 days is 25-26 miles. More than me

A lovely (tough) 8ish miles last night, a threshold rather than a steady tempo run.

Warm up, 3 miles MP, 2 miles at roughly 15k pace, 1 mile MP, cool down.

W/U 8:25, 7:45, (5 min break at club), 7:11, 7:15, 7:19 (some hills), 6:30, 6:35, 7:14, C/D 5 mins jogged.

Felt tough but not the last mile @ MP weirdly. Good session to try.

22/02/2013 at 13:15

ikle, weight loss has most definitely made a difference, it just feels so much easier! Ikle I can never imagine you being fat or even overweight!

happy birthday to gordon susan!

my run last night felt so tough....

22/02/2013 at 16:08

Wabo, fanks! Gordon, HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH.

What else? Oh yes, I did 18 miles with the last 3 fast. It was horrid. I am now officially a boy though, because I had to keep telling myself to slow down. Go to facebook and open the Garmin link if you are sufficiently interested. I am dead now.

22/02/2013 at 16:10

Good run Susan, and Happy Birthday to Gordon too.

Tough runs gotta be done. They'll feel easier in the next month or so.

22/02/2013 at 17:09

17.50 miles yesterday 10+ min mile pace. 

Susan is my running Guru I do not post much but do lurk

Half Marathon last Sunday took me 2hrs 5 mins slower than same race last year! Still won £25 

22/02/2013 at 18:05

FRC, I didn't miss my TO, but I'm getting very suave and sophisticated now,; so much so that I don't always even have to mention them! But I do think them.

22/02/2013 at 18:09

I feel entirely smashed now and have slept for two hours. TGR is having issue with my fuelling. He says, and I quote that 'a sports jelly bean every now and then won't do it'. Thoughts? I can't bear the thought of gels because of the texture, and there is never an issue with water in an actual race (I didn't take on any water during either because I hate carrying a bottle) because there's so many stops. In training I usually just drink a lot before hand, perhaps pop home during for a quick drink or get a helpful brother or boyfriend to carry one for me.

I haven't got very long to practise... Surely beans are ok if I took more? I don't like the idea of gels at all. Yes, no, alright, I haven't tried them. In other news my left buttock really hurts and I did it in 2 hours 52 minutes. Thank you.

22/02/2013 at 18:33
LO 65 I love you

FRC my running weeks start on Mondays so that does not work, sorry.

Ickle you must practise with some thing you nutter ! With some gels or lucozade you will def go sub 4 !
Still time to practise ...
22/02/2013 at 18:34

That's a fair old lick for 18 Ikle! No wonder you feel smashed!

If you like jelly beans, have them - as long as you have enough.  But would be worth seeing if you feel better if you have more than you had today.  I'm a jelly baby girl myself. You're right that during the race you won't have to carry a bottle, but you prob ought to try to drink more while you're training, even if you don't like carrying a bottle. Have you got a camelbak?

Ideally you want to avoid completely emptying your system of food/water on training runs beause it just means you're more knackered than you need to be and are therefore less likely to recover and train well the following week. Also, 18 miles is where the wall is for most people.  You might have survived today but what about that next 8.2?  It's not just crowds and determination that takes you through - it's fuel. So you need to be as well stocked as you can with jelly beans or whatever by the time you get to 18. 

22/02/2013 at 18:36

Oh yes, happy birthday to Gordon xx

Am feeling really frustrated on behalf of two out of my three charities because one of them isn't sending in the right forms to Virgin Money Giving.  I haven't raised a BEAN yet.

22/02/2013 at 18:39

My long run is complicated tomorrow. I'm taking C to a thing in Cambridge for the day. So up early, drop C at thing, drive to Park and Ride (parking in Cambridge is £25, yes £25 for 5 - 24 hours), bus to nice meadow to start out and back run along the Cam, then what? Back on bus to car  to get changed into clean clothes in the car, then back on the bus into town to collect C at 3.30? Drive home.

22/02/2013 at 18:44

Ikle - we're not friends... (on FB) - who are you again? Smasing LSR though (I presume...)

I won't bore you with my amazing tempo club run last night but it was interesting in that I was running alongside a new club member who had done a Half Marathon last weekend. I politely asked her how it went and she "pretty well actually... I won it" No runner I've ever known has ever said that to me... No wonder after 3 miles she got bored of my company and ran off with Frank (one of the club's fast boys)... Phah! 

Martin - you always make snese, I've gottne usde to it over the yers... 

Susan - Happy Birthday to the old man... doing anything nice? The odd HM or Baileys Marathon?

22/02/2013 at 18:50
I'm called Cathy Bunt. Shhhh don't tell anyone! Brilliant advice as always AH. Thanks. I think I'll get a camel pack thingy for training. Excuse the over communicating, everyone. But writing on here is what's getting me through the training at the mo. So sorry and thanks.
22/02/2013 at 18:51

Good luck tomorrow Martin. You might have snow... It's going to be brassic everywhere

22/02/2013 at 19:02

you come here to chat Ickle - we all do .. there is plenty of advice given here..

how far are you running AH?  good luck with yours.. will think of you on mine

22/02/2013 at 19:02

good luck Martin - whatever madness you are up to

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.