sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,021 to 64,040 of 67,283 messages
22/02/2013 at 19:28

Duly befriended Ikle... 

22/02/2013 at 19:29

Ikle - yes, as Susan says, that's what we all come on here for!  You can moan, whinge (she can whinge, right?) and complain as much as you want.

And tonight you can whinge knowing that you have done your LSR for this week whereas the rest of us have still to get it done . 15 for me tomorrow. Nice and flat, new part of the world next to a river. Can't find my running tights though. Think I'll need them for tomorrow. THey've gone into the same black hole as my favourite Sweaty Betty massage trousers that I could really do with for Lanza. #comfy for wearing with Skins underneath.

22/02/2013 at 23:01
Hi folks, not much to report, hope everyone is well.
12 miler today, reasonably happy. Can't wait for bath half next weekend....
23/02/2013 at 00:50
Just back from pub, orange juice and water consumed, I can do sober.

Right. Sleep next would be good.. Night x
23/02/2013 at 10:13

Just in case anyone feels the urge to sponsor me, and can't because it turns out I'm not being sponsored this time (feeding the homeless van thingy that my church is involved with just couldn't get their act together!), you could praps sponsor my friend Andrea instead, who did her teacher training at my school. Cheeky ask, but I said I would pop on the link, just in case. She is running for Shelter, which, oddly enough, is kind of the same thing!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=AndreaStylianou

23/02/2013 at 13:25

well there is a lesson in fuelling to confirm what I already know but its good to practise.

So I made sure I had not got time for lunch as rushing from St Albans to get to Theatre... had a rubbish supper as I was rushing from the Theatre to get to the pub for Gordon birthday - had a mini/quarter bowl of old pasta in fridge, four chips from someone else plate and two slices of birthday cake for supper - nice and nourishing! no alcohol and late to bed.  Of course ensuring no bananas for pre-run breakfast - my one and only breakfast of choice so had nothing for breakfast.

Blimey it was cold.  I ran 5 miles and it felt like 15 - luckily then met the girls on the corner and did 5 miles with them - nice disctraction - forgot about how I was feeling (oh had quick toilet stop before I met them!).  Ran 5 miles with them and was pleased to have got to ten ... a bit stop start as we wait at the end of laps for the slower ones, headed off up to park for final 7 - threw in the hideous hill at 13 miles for good measure - timed a few laps and was perfectly at 17 miles at my front door - motored up the hill in final mile.  2 hours 51 mins - with two toilet stops in the end.  Had two gels and lucozade.  Glad its done and next time will fuel better and get more sleep.  Dont feel too bad. enjoying sofa it has to be said.

23/02/2013 at 14:02

Wow well done, Susan. Sounds epic! And now it's done. Yay! =)

23/02/2013 at 15:15
Susan, excellent long run. Some good info / lessons there too.

Good luck to Martin, and Fido doing a sneaky Malta marathon?

Hope AH is okay on LSR. Expensive parking too.

Scott, how are things after your dog?

Ikle, will post some info for you tomorrow. But same as others and TGR, getting that carb level right during the race is vital for sub 4 and not hitting the wall or a big positive split. It's also as important your food/ breakfast before, and equally your recovery food after so you don't crash out.

More tomorrow. I did some workshops with Greg Whyte and other sports scientists about a month into training for first marathon. A massive help.. Have the PDFs still I think. Lots about adaptation, fuelling and recovery. A friend is a hydration expert for the Irish Olympic team too.

Rest day for me. 20 tomorrow.
Edited: 23/02/2013 at 15:16
23/02/2013 at 18:00

Thanks, Fuh, Ruh, Cuh. Rest day for me too. 9 tomorrow, 7 at MP. Ie, the others not. I'm a boy! I'm a boy! =)

23/02/2013 at 19:26
evening all. very tired very happy 40 miles in 6.38 today including 10k uphill in one go that was .not expected. will post a full report from my computer whrn I get home Tuesday
23/02/2013 at 19:26

A mere 13.3 for me today (the 0.3 is very important) - however run at around 1.47 HM pace and the last two miles were thrown in at PHMP (7.40 7.53) - so I'm pleased and will treat myself to a whole day of work tomorrow chatting up brides in a Dorset castle...

Well everyone else - aren't we amazing!

23/02/2013 at 19:42

Nice one Martin...

23/02/2013 at 20:18
PHMP Dave what the heck is that ? Don't answer ....

Martin ... O M G
23/02/2013 at 20:19
Must be ..
Nearly
surely ....
23/02/2013 at 20:20
TOTP
23/02/2013 at 20:21
Lost my touch ..
23/02/2013 at 20:27

I should not be here You are all to fast for me!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.