sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,081 to 64,100 of 67,406 messages
26/02/2013 at 21:24

amazing report Martin .. dont know how you can keep going ... awesome.  26.2 is fine for me still.... 

26/02/2013 at 21:55
I get the feeling some of you know something the rest us dont Is Tu tu in labour?
26/02/2013 at 22:18

She might be, Martin. She's overdue, anyway and no news....

Khanivore - 4 weeks is too close to VLM to do an all out effort at half marathon.  As Dave the Flower found out...

You don't need to test yourself too much before the day.  A marathon is SOOOO different to a half marathon. Run Silverstone hardish but don't kill yourself - and see where you are with that. It'll tell you loads.

Sorry Susan. I know you're really looking forward to the pool side pics. Will be paying you back for Morocco

26/02/2013 at 22:19

Got to go to bed. First massage at 7am in the morning, then another at 8.30. Then a delicious tempo run or something at marathon pace or something.

26/02/2013 at 22:29
Look forward to it Hen .... I was careful to post one or two photos ... Not too many .....
26/02/2013 at 23:00
Enjoy the Somethings, AH! I think I'm going to not run all out but try to go just under 1:50 but I guess the trouble is that that for me is or might be running all out, not sure. But you're (all) right - Brighton is the goal. I've worked too hard for too long...
26/02/2013 at 23:39

hi all - been lurking a lot but not posting.

Fantastic race report Martin - sounds like you got it spot on - amazing time. I think if conditions are good on the day I;d defintiely go for the sub 9.

Susan - I can't believe it is 6 years since we all first met - I can still remember first cheering Tutu on as she passed while me & my OH were spectating at about the 25 mile mark although she has no memory of running along The Embankment.

Ikle - good luck at Silverstone - whatever pace you decide on!

As a few people have alluded to I managed a new 10 mile PB at the weekend.  I have been trying for 2/3 years to crack the sub 70 and finally managed it on Sunday.  a loevelty rolling course through country lanes and small villages. I can't really believe I have managed to do it after coming so close on several occassions. I still just keep thinking "but I cant run that fast". I am convinced the combination of more miles mixed with the extra speed sesison that is my weekly parkrun is what has helped me finally crack it.

AH - have a fab time in Lanza.  My mate Adam (who Martin has talked to about Comrades and who is doing Comrades again this year - as well as Marahton des Sables - he is officially certifiably bonkers!) has just come back from a week's warm weather training there - was great to hear how much he'd enjoyed it.  Look forward to seeing all your pics. With Bon Jovi touring this year I just cant stretch to going but hoping I'm hoping to be able to get there next year. Amazingly from how Adam described where his room was I think he may well have stayed in the same room we did!

Tutu is now seriouly overdue so baby Tutu's arrival must be imminent.

Marathon training still on track.  Thessaloniki was originally just going to be a holiday with a fun marathon thrown in but with training going so well at the moment I am now rethinking and might go for a PB although it will definitely be weather dependent - if its hot I'll just go slow and enjoy it.

Edited: 26/02/2013 at 23:45
27/02/2013 at 07:16
Slow and enjoy it ...... Hmmmmm ......
27/02/2013 at 10:47

Can't find my bloody Garmin. Grrrr. Last seen in Cambridge on Saturday - hope I didn't do something stupid like drive off with it on the car roof or something (I have form...) Aaaaggghhh. Hope some kind club friend might have a spare they could lend me.

Am in bloody chaos here... Still at least I'm earning some money today. Not doing much packing tho...

27/02/2013 at 11:42

AH when you do fly? I've got a Garmin 201 going spare.

Jovi, congrats. WAVA stat achieved. You are 25 again?

Martin - great report. Definitely need to sort your food though. What do they give out at Comrades?

DtF I was sub 7mm for 5k barely when I joined the thread just before my first marathon.. literally at my limits though, on my knees wiped out after. Did the same marathon time as you at Chester the month after so its definitely possible to improve. In the 18 months since then have done sub 7 at 10k distance, ~sub 44 min, then 10 mile, then six months later kept same speed to sub 1:30 half.

I did a 10k one week, and a 10 mile the following week, just ran it like the 10k a few seconds off, to see what happened. Knowing you can carry on without exploding makes a huge difference to your confidence.. same applies to Martins comrade sub 9 plans, even Ikle's silverstone plans.

27/02/2013 at 13:10

Oh hen I feel your pain, hope you get it or a spare

oh I hope we hear something about TUTU soon

Well done everyone, I really cannot keep up with this thread! Sounds like you are all speeding along

welcome to Khanivore as you have seen - great advice to be had here. I think I have been around the longest but still never achieved sub 4! Don't think I ever will but thats ok,I just cheerlead and lurk!

27/02/2013 at 13:33

Now you will, Wabo, what with all your fab brialliance, running and weight loss etc. Not to mention mileage!

27/02/2013 at 14:40

lol, sub 4.15 will be fine!

27/02/2013 at 15:14

Bloody noisy lurker, Wabo

Well, lovely club friend has leant me her Garmin. She is fabulous.  So that's sorted, then my Dad's ex girlfriend turned up with some wine (don't ask) - had forgotten she was coming.  Just before that J rang to say his car wouldn't start. Turns out it was the immobiliser blah blah and is all sorted now but a worry (as in 'that's all I need') at the time.  LAst massage client wants to bring her son on the way back from a match - can he sit in the kitchen and do his homework.  Agggh - have you SEEN our kitchen? She, bless her, has two cleaners and her house is always spotless... So now need to clean kitchen instead of packing.

Never mind. This time tomorrow...

27/02/2013 at 18:21

"Louis Joseph G was born 3.11pm today weighing 8lb 3oz after a long wait and long labour! He's gorgeous and we're all doing well.  E, R and L x"

That's definitely a Tutu personal best.

27/02/2013 at 18:46
well said lou
27/02/2013 at 18:47
Yayy. Great news.

Enjoy the camp AH. Sub 4 in mind & body when you get back.
27/02/2013 at 19:39
AAAAAAAAAAAHH! Woo hoo! Halleloolearrrh! ????
27/02/2013 at 21:10

What a day. Knackered. Gin and tonic on the go at LAST.

Am drinking a toast to young Louis

27/02/2013 at 23:33
Yes cheers to Tutus PB. Bless them.

Safe trip AH ... glad you sorted GARMIN.

Had mad day, got a bit of a cold. Early early run tomorrow then off to Internet black hole for two days .. My parents zzzzz
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.