sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,221 to 64,240 of 67,287 messages
07/03/2013 at 17:24

WT - 

07/03/2013 at 18:32

Eveing all

A proper running thread! What happened.

WT/dave I have decided not to join you for BS. A trip to Corfu instead maybe one day but I think I have enough on this year and as the 40 has just shown me push to hard and the body starts to moan!

Hello Monkey man nice to see you

Totaly gutted by a phone call last night I was asked to be the 2 hour pacer at the Grantham half this Sunday. I would have loved to as I want to help others but Im working and cant change 

07/03/2013 at 18:57

I'll get you there one day Martin. I think I will enter now and get it out of the way. I'm doing a terrible thing and considering an autumn marathon 

I've joined another club as second claim and went out with them on Monday and Tuesday, doing track and hill reps - my legs are now dead, not great when I am racing on Saturday. I also fear I may become addicted to crossfit although after my recent workout in which I did 200 sit ups I ended up with a chafed bottom - go figure??!

07/03/2013 at 19:27
I just got new shoes and sox! High time and so comfy. Nike again. My pronation has lessened since TRS. Cool huh?
07/03/2013 at 23:20
Very cool ... Bit like my baby bib with monkey face for Tutu ... Did you read that UMBONGO . .. Was in honour of the monkey man

Hello WT ... Do Luton with me ....
08/03/2013 at 07:02

Hey Umb... you should do Fleet if not just for old times sake (although maybe not as quick as your old times)

WT - can't do BS, it involves far too much running and will almost definitely cement my growing reputation as a "running bore" amongst my non-running (and some running) friends! Autumn Marathon though, now you're talking...

Susan - Luton, however, is not on list my wish of places to run in or visit (perhaps I could force myself though...) Mind you, you weren't inviting me to do it with you anyway 

In for the long haul now through to Sunday afternoon with non-stop work and little rest... actually more tiring than a marathon (and people don't believe me when I say that... running bore...)

08/03/2013 at 07:28
Luton? What not to like ? Only kidding and I am not def doing it. If I was you would be the first or second person I would ask Dave. Good luck with the flowers
08/03/2013 at 10:18

MORNING ALL, oops whats that all about! SOrry to shout

WT funny re chafed bum!

Martin thats  shame about the pacing, another time maybe

I cannot believe it is only 6 weeks to go! Proper long run tomorrow coming up, 18 miles...

Hope everyone is doing ok?

Had a great night over Spurs last night, sorry DTF but some funny songs were being sung, some not nice things being sung to lee dixon though, I hate that side of Footy!

08/03/2013 at 11:27

Beter not start thinking about the autumn marathon until i have done Windemere in May. Would have to convince Mrs Eskimo that it would be a good idea.

Trying to keep away from Luton as work want me to go to Romania and thats the only airport that does direct flights. Dont they relise i dont have time to go as i have a marathon to train for .

Thought i would have struggled to get some runs in this week but i have managed to get out the last 3 days (5M, 3M, 8.5M). Nearlly fainted last night when i got to the club when there was 6 people running instead of the normal 2

Hope everyone will have good long runs over the weekend.

08/03/2013 at 15:05

Hello all .  Ooh - very small writing...

Will have a read back, but first I have to go to Tesco. Not a lot of food shopping got done while I was away...

I still have my Lanzarote bloody cold.  Meant to be doing 15 miles tomorrow but going to cheshire for a 'lovely family get together weekend'.  Actually, it will be mainly lovely, but we have negotiated both parents, all my sisters plus families and it will be a bit loud.  AR and C are ill and C and J are stressed because of work and don't want to go...  Lovely!

08/03/2013 at 15:08

Hope everyone's well? No more injuries?

I have lots to report re nutition.  Marc Laithwaite (those of you who listen to Talk Ultra will know him) was a coach on the camp and we had some interesting discussions around high fat/lowER carb diet.  Suffice to say there will be no jelly babies for me either on Sunday's LSR or the Finchley 20.  We'll see.  I did all my exercise at La Santa, post-Marc discussion, with no fuelling at all other than a good low-carb/high fat breakfast and I didn't die.  More on this later...

08/03/2013 at 15:10

Oh - and...  drumroll please.

At last my Virgin fundraising page is up.  It got very tricky doing it from Lanzarote but I have only just started telling people about it this afternoon.

If you're interested:  here's the link.  I know everyone's giving like mad to marathon runners at the mo, so quite understand if you can't.  But the swim's not until September so there's plenty of time!

08/03/2013 at 16:52
Will visit your page I promise Hen, what is the no jelly babies about .. Was arming myself for some for Sunday? Shouldn't I ? Will see you at Finchley, that's good. That will be your THIRD 20 miler ... Yikes makes me feel a bit faint ... Good luck with family and look forward to nutrition talk ...

Good run for you too Wabo .. If its six for you it's only 5 for us ... Gadzooks ... A trifle worrying ... Going to do 15 Sunday .. God willing and if I can get past the flowers
08/03/2013 at 17:40

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/susankennedy1   thats mine... pick me !  pick me

08/03/2013 at 18:24
Yes I'm lirding my goins for tomorrow's 20. Avec Camelbac.
08/03/2013 at 18:42
Stafford 20 for me Sunday. 6th for VLM? Still undecided about pace.

Lovely to see AH back. Interesting about the fat diet. Friend has switched to something like it, not Atkins and has lost a stone but eating bacon sausage etc for breakfast.

Had a bit of a nightmare run last night. Very grrr. Drizzling wet and windy, ran down the 4 miles to club steady @ 8mm. Then off with 3 pals, getting more wet. Lace came undone after 1.5 miles, they carried on.. caught them a mile or so on, up a hill... same lace undone and loads of cars at a junction. GRRRR! Another 2 miles on... Other lace comes undone.. Caught them up, encountered a line of 3 frogs (honestly) avoiding the rain.. Ended up 10k in 44-45 mins with the 3 lace stops making it more a fartlek. Two lessons... new shoes clearly dont tie properly (or I still cant tie my laces after 4 decades!) - Sunday wear my flats with lock laces !

Good weekend all.
08/03/2013 at 19:02
Good running FRC. Double tie ur laces after a Sir Ian knot is my advice.
08/03/2013 at 23:37
Sorry FRC was that SIX TWENTY MILERS FOR LONDON? Just checking....
09/03/2013 at 18:51
Quiet old day here ... Went to do park run but they really needed a marshal ... So of course I offered .. Taking the Less is More to extreme now ... Oops ...
09/03/2013 at 21:04

Oh hello again, Susan! Just you n me, huh? I'm feeling super smug, cos I did my (only first) 20 miler today. As you know.

Only 1 more long long run for me, after a shorter one next week. It's all the other bitty runs now, huh? Before t-t-taper. Taper, I love you!

AH, my writing is really small too. Don't know why.

I'm  home in Dorset with my mum this weekend. It's very very lovely and was actually Sunny today! I caught the sun.

Happy running everyone. In other news, my shoes are very very comfy and I don't have any blisters or toe nails coming off, although I guess if the nail that's coming off has already come off, then it can't really come off again. Camelbak good too, but pressed down on my double bra clasps and cut my back. Blooming annoying how one cure sets off another problem. But I don't have to wear it on race day, so that's good.

Come and talk to me and tell me how brill I am! I almost managed the last 4 miles at MP too!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.