sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,301 to 64,320 of 67,659 messages
14/03/2013 at 21:38

Sitting down is marginally the worst. Well, driving. And running/walking around marginally the best/most comfortable.

14/03/2013 at 22:13
5 miles. Should be 6 but berLIMEY I'm so Bored of running. Teeth hurt.
14/03/2013 at 22:46
And you are repeating yourself. No running for me, again, last two episodes of Killing II with my killing gang, comfy sofa, bliss ....
14/03/2013 at 23:03
Maybe Ikle ran twice?

Dtf sounds good. Not to umbongo perhaps.

Susan we are more alike than you think. Killing is a fav, though how that jumper survives.. No idea.. Currently on Spiral series 4.

Ikle if that sore get a massage and have a day or two rest. Glutes hip flexor quads can all be eased off. You know AH will say much the same. Lost count the number I've had since Dec.

Forgot to say well done to the lovely new Wabo...
Edited: 14/03/2013 at 23:05
15/03/2013 at 05:57
I think sciatic. Perhaps. I like the Walking Dead. Basey endures watching it with me, bless him.
15/03/2013 at 07:05
Roll it Ikle - should do the trick (?) along with massage...

Running with music? Not for me... Had to smile the other when I was checking a local 20 mile race result and there, right at the bottom of the list below all the stragglers, was Stephen Palmer - Disqualified - Headphones... named and shamed after 20 miles of effort... That'll learn 'im!

Little flower has decided he wants to go out running now, so I've been taking him around the block (800m) and he loves it... Got a very good running style for a 7 year old, wants to go further tonight. Hope it doesn't jeopardise my Half on Sunday.

Oh, and Ikle... I get hurty teeth sometimes, you are not alone.
15/03/2013 at 07:37
No music, ruins the inner peace and for me the outer pace some times!

Is the sciatica making you The Walking Dead Ickle?
15/03/2013 at 12:10

Bit of a mixed week.

went out Monday. Legs felt dead and very painful. Only managed 2 miles.

Was worried about club run on Tuesday. Did 8 miles with club and felt good (Some fast work keeping up with beter runner). Main training partner fell towards the end of run and hurt is ankle. Needed picking up in car. Found out later it was broken .

5 miles last night and felt Ok.

Hopefully get 2:15 to 2:30 hour run in on Saturday plus out either today or Sunday.

Sometimes pinch Mrs E MP3 player if im by myself but not a problem running in a bit of peace and quiet.

Think it could be a walking dead night tonight. Have the last 2 weeks to watch as well as tonights .

15/03/2013 at 13:02

afternoon all

Oh I do sometimes have music, only on the long runs and never off road

thank you frc!

20 miles in the morning, pribably do last weeks 18 mile route with a tweak, it was nice and it was hilly! Then nothing else all weekend because it is my birthday! Sunday.

have good long runs all, its fast approaching now!

15/03/2013 at 13:03

susan thanks for the hugs, could you feel my bones...

15/03/2013 at 14:28

Wab0 - meant to say sorry about your dad.  Whatever relationship we have with someone it's still a shock when something like that happens.

Ikle - sounds sciatica-ish if it's in your bum and thigh, or hamstring-ish if just your thigh.  Worse after sitting etc typical for both.  Sciatica - glute stretching prob best. Sympathies.

Had a really tough run this am.  8 miles with 7 @ MP and it was bloody hard. Too bloody hard for my liking.  MP shoudln't be feeling so blimmin hard. Or should it?  If I was coaching myself I'd remind myself that was the third tough run this week, it was into the wind on the way back and I'm changing my diet  - although I don't see how that would affect me on a relatively short run.  I'd also remind myself about feeling so much better on The Day after more training, tapering, resting  blah blah blah but... well, you know how it is.  Still need some reassurance.

Edited: 15/03/2013 at 14:29
15/03/2013 at 14:34

Hen - MP shouldn't really feel hard should it? Maybe you're just overworking your little hen legs lately... 

15/03/2013 at 16:26

How far were you sub 7 mm Dave? If its is more than 400m then I am impressed...great to see how much you have progressed from those dark, dark days

15/03/2013 at 16:33

Wabo - sorry for loss of your Dad. Well done on going below 10 stone. I am trying to lose weight but just can't...keep nibbling on things. 

15/03/2013 at 16:33

TOTP - 

15/03/2013 at 16:51

thanks hen and umbongo, yes hen spot on.

Umbongo I have a box of millionnaire shortbread opposite me.... resist.....

15/03/2013 at 19:40
Get celery Umbongo ...

Bumped into mr Howard the Roadrunner today at West field on his way to master mind the sound at Comic Relief .. Lovely to see him
15/03/2013 at 20:11

Wabo, get that shortbread OUT of sight, out of mind straight away.

Dave, that did not help That was sticking my tongue out at you, not a silly, saucy, stupid sort of tongue sticking out.

WAtching Comic Relief. Lots of titters.  Go Howard   Was just thinking the sound was particularly good this year.

15/03/2013 at 20:32
I'm about to watch... Viva Forever!
16/03/2013 at 00:26

AH, I don't think that 8 miles is THAT short, and you are changing your diet, quite drastically (as in food type, not amount) so I think that will have an impact for a bit. So yes. Give yourself a break.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.