sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,521 to 64,540 of 67,687 messages
28/03/2013 at 07:56
Was there milk involved Dave ?
28/03/2013 at 13:50

Am definitely coming to a reunion if it involves hard liquor.  Susan - can I stay at the Willesden Hilton?

Will consult diary re dates.  All pretty clear at the mo in June I think.  Just inhaling soem food before first client.  Have two in quick succession then dash out for school run then.... Aaaahhhhhhh Easter holidays

Ikle - you keep churning out those miles.  Whether you feel like doing them or not, you do them and that counts.  I have a good feeling about your marathon! Keep at it. Nearly there.

28/03/2013 at 13:58

In other news  I don't know where my legs or energy have gone.   I hope they come back to me in the next couple of weeks. Today's run was 6 miles with 5 at 8.28.  About two months ago I did this and whooshed the second half at 8.10s. Today it was Hard Work.  Bloody hell.

And my knee... not good. I think I'll give it two days off, run longish on Sunday then consider not running for a week or so to see what happens.  Might have to invest in a fizz sesh. It doesn't change my gait and it's not swollen but it's painful afterwards all the time.  Weird. Weird. Weird.

In better news, my massage therapist friend is back from South Africa so I can have a massage next week.  I have been googling around for other local therapists and they are £10 an hour more than me - and that's with me having just put my prices up by £5.  I am too cheap.  So I couldn't bring myself to pay £50.  Not very clever, really.   How much do you all pay?

28/03/2013 at 14:52

have not had a massage since you did me in the front room AH .. oo er missus.....

I dont know how you do the whooshing tempo runs.. I did 6 miles last night - no idea how slow or fast - ran with fastish mate but was not faster than 9 min miles I would not think.  Have a very scratchy throat so going to have a small amble this afternoon with mates - "running" but it wont be really running like you lot.   Then off to Shropshire tomorrow to little brothers country pad - not been before and elder bro will be there too.

back sunday and will do hour and half monday - thats my long run for this week - going by time - then its taper taper taper... still no number for me but got email from them saying dont worry its all gone a bit wrong - as long as i have my email when I registered.  Or I could just come and watch. Tbh I dont really mind......

hope the knee has a GOOD REST AH - you must be as fit as a flea - now just taper ...  (btw I messaged Tracey and got a very sweet message back.. poor poor thing)

28/03/2013 at 17:50
I don't have my number either... Or an email...
28/03/2013 at 17:56

Thanks Susan

AH/others Looks like taper madness has set in you will all do great RELAX. The hard work is done.

28/03/2013 at 20:11
Phew ... We don't have to do it then Ickle !
28/03/2013 at 21:11
600m intervals tonight... Loved it!
28/03/2013 at 21:30

Hi all, way too much running going for me! Still only getting out one or two times a week as too busy with work, and suffering a bit with crepitus in the knees at the moment too - lovely crunchy sound when I walk downstairs.

Good luck with the tapering and I'll be looking out for your times and race reports in the next 2-3 weeks. Let me know what date you agree for the next meet-up.

28/03/2013 at 21:41

Ikle - Brighton Marathon tweeted to email them at info@brightonmarathon.co.uk and they will sort you out.

I don't know how you all do whoosh runs either. I run as fast as I run, a bit slower on long run days. I have been to track sessions with my tri club a couple of times, but not while training for Brighton.. 

I've been doing the odd run here and there this week, all structure has gone out the window. 18 miles tomorrow, a few more over the weekend..

AH - I hope your knee feels better soon! I recieved an exciting package in the mail today, had a grand 'fitting' session after work. Good start to the long weekend! Cash is transferred, spare is packaged and will be back in the post as soon as I can get to a post office 

28/03/2013 at 22:03
ACoops ... 18 miles ? Brighton is 2 weeks on Sunday .. Don't forget to taper will you ?
29/03/2013 at 01:33
Giggled at Susans milk comment. And also completely agree doing 2 weeks before 18 miles/ 30k is a lot - would be a peak run in some plans. I'm aiming to do 14-15 miles that week.
Be careful ACoops. Nothing you do now will make you go faster - can make you go slower though

AH - taper madness starting with those aches? You've trained brill, nothing to worry about.
Massage - I pay 30 quid since I'm a regular customer. sports massages please! Should be 35.

Didds nice to see you. No idea what (de?)crepitus is but doesn't sound nice.

Interesting, ran the same 4m start to my run tonight as last week. This week after feeling sluggish with the food at course and no exercise, did a 7am circuit. Definitely a little tired running, off pace by 15-20 seconds on the hills to last week.
Worked out 4m with pals on our hill circuit at MP (no recoveries) then a club 6M tempo run, and even with 600ft hills, still averaged 5 secs under MP. Not much left in legs at end. Less really is More..
Edited: 29/03/2013 at 01:34
29/03/2013 at 07:17
There goes FRC talking in that strange language again !

I have a cold.

Off to Shropshire for 2 nights to my brother. Not a running shoe in sight. Aaaaaah...
29/03/2013 at 07:18
Happy Easter dear thread people!
29/03/2013 at 07:18
29/03/2013 at 08:15

Ooo, run less you say? I don't mind if I do. 15 miles it is. I knew I joined this forum for a reason! 

29/03/2013 at 08:59
Great stuff, ACoops. Glad one of them is ok . Now you've got your ticket to extra energy boost guarantee that is Pirate kit.

Have a good couple of days, Susan. Sorry about the cold, but better now than in a week.

Think no more running for me for more than just a couple of days to see if this knee calms down. It's not even the 'bad' knee. Bit fed up really but at least the training's done really. Could replace my long run on Sunday with, shock horror, a bike ride ...
29/03/2013 at 09:17
Acoops thanks re Brighton info. AH I pay 35. And so thanks for the lovely things you says about my running. I'm at the stage now when every tiny bit of encouragement helps...
29/03/2013 at 09:20
Said. Hope ur knee gets betterer.
29/03/2013 at 09:26
GO GO NINJA DINOSAURS!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.