sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,601 to 64,620 of 67,712 messages
05/04/2013 at 09:36

Don't know, Ikle.  I sway between wild optimism - when it doesn't hurt -  and deep gloom - when it does hurt.  I think I've actually got my head around not doing it - and that is definitely the right decision.  However, the idea that I could actually do it is very exciting and seems like a nice bonus.

What's scared me is how debilitating the pain is and if I do serious damage during the marathon I'd have to put up with that pain, or worse, until the lovely NHS can deal with me.  Not being able to walk without pain is awful... I really think I'd prefer the chance of it calming down and me being able to stay active, even doing short runs, until it can get sorted out in the autumn, rather than one last marathon with the chance of sub-4 followed by months of pain.  I've got my swim to think about, too. 

So - jury's out.

05/04/2013 at 10:45

oh thats not good news.

as you say, have to look at long term, walking without pain is way higher on the list than running any silly marathon.

how does it feel at the moment AH, after resting it?

05/04/2013 at 16:34

Today is worse than yesterday . Wierd. Don't know what I can have done to annoy it - unless I was shivering  violently in bed from the lack of heating...

05/04/2013 at 17:39

Gosh I sound grumpy!  I'm not really that grumpy   - which is a miracle, really!

05/04/2013 at 18:37
and
05/04/2013 at 18:38

AH - so sorry to hear about that - gutting so close to marahton day. I know its not the same but I limped to the start of VLM 2008 and managed to get round - its amazing what the body can do. Here's hoping that the pain eases a bit before Marahton day. Hope you can get on for the scan quickly.

05/04/2013 at 18:40
You are very sanguine Hen.such a wise and clever Hen like you will make the right choice. REALLY hope you can make it .. Won't be the same if you don't
05/04/2013 at 18:45

Starting to get taper madness with 2 and a bit weeks to go. whilts runnign I;m feeling great and strong but legs seem to ache after every run and despite doing 50% more mileage than last year having panic about not doing enough. It wil be a relief when its all over and I can have a couple of weeks total rest.

Edited: 05/04/2013 at 18:45
05/04/2013 at 19:08
We love you so, we are not even holding erratic spelling of weird against you. I went to the doctor's today as routine and had my blood pressure taken and the nurse was intrigued that although it was deathly low, i felt fine with good colour. My pulse was 47! She asked did i feel dizzy and tired? Then this evening i went for a little run and guess what? Felt dizzy and tired! I'm so suggestible!!
05/04/2013 at 21:12

IB - hah - I remember going green after a small medical procedure and being made to lie down and THEN THEY WOULD NOT LET ME GET UP because my heart rate was too low - I asked what it was and had to tell them that was normal. Not as low as yours though, envy envy.

AH how unprintably unprintable.   Hope the person doing the MRI is charming.

05/04/2013 at 21:34
Thanks everyone. I might have to absent myself from FB and Twitter for the next week or two. Too many people getting excited about marathons...
Edited: 05/04/2013 at 21:34
05/04/2013 at 21:38

Don't go! Moop!

05/04/2013 at 22:00
Have you made the decision Hen?

Wendy ... Please don't start with the have not done enough baloney ....
05/04/2013 at 22:08
Sorry did not mean that to sound so glib AH hope you still may make it to the start line my lovely. Sending positive vibes your way x x
05/04/2013 at 22:09
TOTP a good sign for the Hen
05/04/2013 at 22:40
I got my pen number by phoning up VLM - yup I couldn't wait for the expo
05/04/2013 at 22:49
I still don't have my info from Brighton. They said my email was full, have since emptied it but still nothing.
05/04/2013 at 23:10
Khanivore, thanks someone else said the same on FB tonight.

Ikle, they'd need to resend any messages after you've made some room.

AH, would miss you posting but having been injured understand. Fingers and toes crossed for you. There is still hope.

Im still feeling a bit tired & run down, a slight cold maybe?.So need to taper more., having at least 2 rest days, today & tomorrow, possibly even Sunday too. then only light runs till VLM, although do have a 5m league race on Wednesday, likely be my only hard effort of the fortnight.

Felt a lot better after drinking couple of glasses of milk tonight. The easiest of things to do, plus a few cookies. Nice relaxing long bath with the lovely spa jets on, read the paper, and some good healthy food after. Simples.

Long sleep and lie in tomorrow. Get a paper and walk down to the seafront for some fresh air? If I feel like it.

Good weekend all.
05/04/2013 at 23:54
Rest up FRC. save it for the day.

Ikle I still have nothing from Brightn but try e mailed saying don't worry. Have just got to take my email rom ages ago tat says I am registered.

Night all ... May do park run tomorrow , short slow one Sunday , track Tuesday then maybe a leg turner Thursday ... Who knows .. Maybe not!
05/04/2013 at 23:54
They emailed not try e mailed zzzzzz
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.