sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

64,961 to 64,980 of 67,953 messages
22/04/2013 at 22:11
I reckon proper rest and stick with Brighton, you'll be raring to go!
22/04/2013 at 22:12
When I say 'a marathon in October' I was specifically thinking about Chester.
22/04/2013 at 22:17
Sounds like you have already decided! Whatever makes you happy, go for it mate. Got to be colder than London yesterday which will also help!
23/04/2013 at 00:09
Will Cross welcome. Well done on the time too, and on a tough day.

Wabo. If you carry on the next 12 months or so the way you've been going, sub 4 is definitely there. Can see it in the splits even now.

Khanivore, first marathon, you did excellent, lots learnt and I'm sure sub 4 next time, take away the toilet stop, conditions,, course etc would be there. Will Cross too.

RE: doing Chester as 2nd marathon, Lots of coaches galloway, mcmillan, only recommend 1 a year to start with. Assuming you rest for say 4-6 weeks, you'd start training end of June. Not a lot of time for body to recover.

AH, yes so so close 5 seconds. Just lost concentration a tiny bit somewhere miles 18-24 miles, to loose the 30s margin I had built up, with heat(?) and brain struggling, didn't realise. Legs really sore and thought something would snap/ tear/ go from mile 20-21. Lots got cramp on the day. More later in my report.

In other news, if you are reading Guardian or Indy today plus a few other US sources, my name strangely gets a mention in the report with little boy Martin from Boston on my vest.
23/04/2013 at 07:13

I would like to point out in a slightly bitter way that my first few mile splits were spot on at around 9:12 ish. Much good it did me! =)

23/04/2013 at 07:25

FYC - Great time. Pity you missed the GFA by 5 sec.

Martin - Cracking time. 3:45 is my long term goal but got to work on my speed a bit to get back to where i was a few years ago.

Khanivore/Will - So close to the 4h mark. Next time hopefully you will get a time beginning with a 3. Just need to rest for a week or two and then get back to your running. Enjoyed Chester when i did it in 2011 and still thinking of doing it later in the year (Money and wife dependant).

Wabo - Good running and the splits looked good.

Managed 2h40m (16.5 miles) on Sunday before watching London when i got back. Suffering a bit towards the end of the run but was expecting to (Out for wifes birthday and got in late + up early and straight out for run with no breakfast).

23/04/2013 at 07:42
Well done Will. You will get a sub-4 next time if conditions are right. I suggezt lots af walking, it will help you legs loosen up and recover quicker.

FRC, well done for getting in the newspapers
23/04/2013 at 08:02

I was not planning to take 4-6 weeks off to be honest. I am walking around fine - i obviously didn't work hard enough on the day  

23/04/2013 at 08:28
Hmmm awaits AH to back me up. Rest is needed especially first one.

Smeags. Was good to get in. But I did nothing for charity and 1000s raised millions so felt bad. Tons more deserved a mention.
23/04/2013 at 09:00
Yep, you are right abouth that.
23/04/2013 at 15:16

4 19 .16 VLM 6th in Category. What an emotional day. I was expecting 4.45 this year based on my training. Very emotional day and the easiest marathon for me ever.I  never know how it will be until I start running 8 london marathons all done within 20 minutes if you know what I mean. Will I ever break 4 hours?

23/04/2013 at 17:29
Wow LO65. You are amazing. What an inspiration. So so well done.
23/04/2013 at 17:59
Iklebutn Miles wrote (see)
Wow LO65. You are amazing. What an inspiration. So so well done.

Agreed!!!

23/04/2013 at 20:30

Thank you so much. We all did our best!

23/04/2013 at 21:06

Evening all

To many amazing times to post but as you say LO65 we all did out bit it was a special day.

I have decided NOT to enter the ballot, I may do a spring marathon next year but if I do think it will be Edinburgh, my wife has always wanted to go plus I have no idea how I will feel after my Feb challenge.

Autumn marathon. Anyone thinking of one see Chester been mentioned. The other side of the country mablethorpe is fast and flat so may do it

23/04/2013 at 21:45

I am doing Chester! Windermere next month though.

23/04/2013 at 22:18
LO 65 you are AWESOME !!! How many do you do a year? Well done. Inspirational.. Faster than my Brighton the week before, so what do you put it down to if you thought you would be that much slower ?
23/04/2013 at 22:26

I followed your advice Susan, I run 11 minte miles on long runs and never do more than 30 miles in training. I start off a marathon slowly and never get out of my comfort zone. Only manage just under an hour for 10k these days! Hence my absence from this forum!

I would love sub 4 hours!! HOW

23/04/2013 at 23:02
LO65 that is amazing. Fabulous time, and how you thought you would do. Miles faster. Lots faded and struggled, you absolutely flew. I'm with you on the slow long runs, and not too much mileage. Congrats again.

Martin, Edinburgh worked for me last year, organisation good now, and good 3 months after Feb. What is your Feb challenge?

I dont know Mablethorpe. Chester has the advantage of free lodging for someone perhaps at Casa FRC. Wabo do you still fancy the tunnel 10k in June?

Jovi is doing Chester, I'm thinking maybe, but perhaps looking for something a bit more exciting /romantic/ visual. Chester is a bit like the Londoners on here running Watford
23/04/2013 at 23:27
Thanks guys, have been walking lots today. Still really sore.. Already plotting the next marathon effort!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.