sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,181 to 65,200 of 66,871 messages
12/05/2013 at 21:18

From 5.30 Didds...

missed Marlow Fido first time have not done for ages ...

13/05/2013 at 12:58

I will be at Chester, Susan - my sister Diana is doing it.  Am sure you could stay with her if necessary. Back in re-knee days I had considered running it to keep her company. 

Am off running (not that you coudl really call one run a week 'running') again because of a sore ankle. Would you believe I was showing a client how to stretch her calf and something went ping. 

So looking forward to Thurs. AR may make a guest appearance.

13/05/2013 at 16:58

Shall I prepare the double room then?  Not the single? 

13/05/2013 at 16:59

Gordon wont be here sadly - off to Canne darlink.....

13/05/2013 at 16:59

or Cannes even..

14/05/2013 at 06:30

On Sunday my Uncle died and its not fair or even correct because he was only 65 and the slim, healthy active one, not the old diabetic one with obesity and hardened arteries (my Dad) What's that all about?

14/05/2013 at 07:21

That is very sad and not fair. Really sorry Ikle 

14/05/2013 at 07:56

Sorry about the news Ikle

Counting down the days until Sunday. Cannot come quick enough now. Hoping the wind will settle down and the heavy rain showers stop.

Last Sunday (4th) i had a run around the Lichfield half (1:53). Went of a little bit fast but felt great to be running a bit faster and racing (First race since 2011). Cannot wait to get some shorter races in after the marathon and work on getting a bit of speed back in my legs.

14/05/2013 at 09:08

Morning everyone - sorry to not be around, the usual story....

Ikle - sorry to hear your news, you're absolutely right there's no reason and it's not fair ((()))

I think I congratulated all FB friends on their amazing marathon times - especially the fantabulous Wabo! 

Susan let me know about the meet up but I was in London a lot last week and just can't make it, would love to make it another time. On the subject of Susan, I am "thinking" about Chester and we can stay at my Mother in Law's the night before which is opposite the catherdral if you like?

My running is going along quite nicely for a change, have a training plan set up by someone called "Mad Dog" (I don't think he's mad but I've never met him) and we are doing a very very fast session, a fastish session, a hill session and a long run and racing as much as we can. Dare I say it (touch wood) but I think it may be paying off, I did two fells races last week and then paced my sister round Sheffield half on Sunday which felt really really comfortable and I got them to a negative split for the first time ever for me, she was going for 2.10 and she did just 2.05 for her first half. We have definitely found standing in freezing cold reservoirs and streams after runs makes a massive difference to our recovery (but we get odd looks). 

So after my never doing a marathon again, I most certainly am thinking about it

14/05/2013 at 09:35

hi wtf, well thank you!

have text susan I cant do Thursday, lots and lots of stuff going on and I am driving to devon Friday morning so was being a bit silly to think I could manage it all.  Will be at next and will miss you all

wtf, your running sounds good!

Friends have asked me to do some north downs 19 mile thingy, must check it out, anyone know about it?

14/05/2013 at 10:27

ps wtf what a name!!

14/05/2013 at 11:32

ACoops, Didds & Ikle nice sprint tri, 10k and fastest mile respectively.  

Wtf, I get the Mad Dog newsletter email. Always a good read about people's race reports, worth signing up for anyone on here.  

Ikle, sorry about your uncle. (((ikle)))

Good luck to Fido, LO65 & Quinn the Eskimo this weekend.  

I'm very relaxed, just getting ready to leave, managed to bang my knee on steel ladder getting into boat on snorkelling trip Sunday.. Ran yesterday and wondered why sore. Doh. Bit swollen but thankfully just a bruise.  

Shame I will miss the meet up Thursday. Enjoy all those mojitos

Edited: 14/05/2013 at 11:33
14/05/2013 at 12:02

ikle so sorry to hear about your uncle and no its not fair. xx

14/05/2013 at 12:41

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Ikle. 

WTF I'm very jealous that you live near a streams you can stand in after runs. My tri on Saturday was out in the country, it made me realise just how much I miss it. Can't wait to move out of London again.

14/05/2013 at 17:01

Thanks everyone for your general loveliness. Much appreciated. I feel just so ... Shocked. My Gma is sad because she outlived her son. Mind you, she is 100 in August! Woo hoo!

and thanks FRC for noticing my mile PB in the middle of a long ish run too!

14/05/2013 at 21:41

It is very sad. Had some more bad news of a friend, who has had so many bad things happen already this year. 

On the upside we still had 17 beginners turn up in the pouring rain, POURING, and three of last year's bunch did the Town & Gown at the weekend, big smiles and medals.

15/05/2013 at 08:38

fido sorry you have had sad news too

had a good club handicap last night 24.43 for 3.12 miles, felt strong and caught some up. didn't win but have won it a few times so capt is firm with my handicap! lol

15/05/2013 at 18:31

Tomorrow night folks ! Everyone know where they are going? Monkey man? ? 

15/05/2013 at 21:11

God there's a thought - no idea where I'm going - but I remember Susan's post last week and there's a blackboard thing outside .

Looking forward to it.

15/05/2013 at 22:28
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.