sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,201 to 65,220 of 67,656 messages
18/05/2013 at 10:06

Have obv p*ssed everyone off using the word 'ancient'

18/05/2013 at 10:10

I have to try to get to a fizz about my ankle. Which has now become my 'foot'.  Swelled up after cutting the grass last night. The whole blimmin foot. This is getting ridiculous.  My right hand is also similar and has been for two weeks now.  Weird.  Falling to pieces.

Going to B'mouth to help a researcher from Portsmouth Uni make some safety videos with/for the RNLI.  Don't really know what's going on but she wanted people who were prepared to get in the water. Might take my wetsuit if we've got to hang around in the water for any length of time.

I also have my new Dryrobe.  A huge sort of waterproof, windproof, fleece-lined nuns habit that doubles as a sort of personal changing tent.  It's lush.  Another level of 'bag lady' post-swim fashion.

18/05/2013 at 14:59

you should not have used the ancient word AH its making you fall apart!!

Had a lovely lie in this morning - how blissful -

forgot to say how we missed you Wabo and raised a toast to you too and your fab VLM time  - hope you are having a fab time at wedding.

10 km tomorrow - not run for a whole week. feeling a bit blobby -

18/05/2013 at 17:09

'Twas a great evening indeed! Really great to catch up again and never fails to amaze me how well we all get on like we see each other every day, not as has been in my case normally once a year or with Dave five years ago!

Nice brisk 6-miler this morning as warm up for an afternoon of gardening/tidying garage . Still, off out for special dinner tonight as two years tomorrow since me and OH 'met' online. And bonus of missing Eurovision too!

18/05/2013 at 20:04

AH the dryrobe sounds great.

Gonna be warm and rainy tomorrow!  Que sera...(goes off to put Vaseline pot next to Garmin). The hotel is hosting several groups of East African elites, including a few Ugandans - has Mr. Kiprotich started a trend, or was it all bubbling under anyway?

Saw the pics on FB, looked fun.

18/05/2013 at 21:46

I'm watching Eurovision with Dad stepmother brother basey and son, notepads in hand.

In other news, I got a new 5k PB. Smashed it at 23:41.

18/05/2013 at 22:14

Well done on the PB Ikle

18/05/2013 at 22:26

Hanks!

18/05/2013 at 23:00

Great PB Ikle .. Warm tomorrow , hurrah for BBQ , less hurrah for 10 km 

18/05/2013 at 23:19

Hanks. Enjoy run. I then ran a further 8 miles in preparation for Southend half soon. Now I have achy hips.

19/05/2013 at 07:29

Yes hurrah for barbecue here too! So much for wedding dress diets!

19/05/2013 at 13:16

Whoa, that was nasty. None of the promised rain, temps in the middle-20s. Felt a bit sick and tired. Scraped in under five hours. Then threw up. It says it all that I just wished I had thrown up earlier! By gum, that medal was earned today. OH did 2:12 - over ten mins slower than his HM PB earlier this spring - gives you an idea. LOL it was this ghastly death march at the back, mostly Finns, Poles, er, me, all of us perhaps not 100% used to that much sunshine and warmth. It is, nonetheless, a season's best, and the dodgy foot held up, and I have now seen quite a bit of Riga!

I have had a shower and am now tucked up under a duvet, but mysteriously I still suffer from Stinky Runner Reek, so I might have to have another one! Then we can go on a canal tour (hint:mostly SITTING DOWN).

Second British lady home

19/05/2013 at 20:58

Back from Windermere. 4.28 (4.15 last year) I think they made the same hills steeper this year.

Good news is I won the FV60 trophy. Spent the Pete Bland voucher right away on some lovely running kit (no over F65 trophy and prize??)

Need to sleep now!

19/05/2013 at 21:29

It was lovely meeting you all on Thursday. Promise I haven't been avoiding since  Very busy with visiting family, spent today at Legoland.

Ikle - amazing PB! 

19/05/2013 at 22:40

Awesome work Fiddo and LO 65 amazing! 

Ran faster as anything at my 10 km .. Really feeling ill fast by the end .. Still did not crack 50 .. Not sure of time. Went garminless ..

glad we have not put you off with our ancient ness ACoops was a pleasure to meet you 

20/05/2013 at 12:39

did 53 mins ... so not that fast at all - cant tell you how hard it felt - maybe I am getting ANCIENT after all.....

20/05/2013 at 12:51

windemere was very hard. especially the second half. finished in about 4:37 so lo65 you probably past me near the end.

if i did windemere again i would definitely need to do more running on the hills.

20/05/2013 at 13:48

Hello all, I'd been putting off joining this thread as I knew I was too far away from 4 hours in my spring marathon but I have a very lofty goal of going sub 4 in Autumn at Bournemouth.  Is anyone else doing Bournemouth?

im 26yo, been running for 5 years but have always had periods of good running followed by periods of slacking off.  At the start of this year, inspired by the people on the asics 26.2 comp, I set a goal to eventually qualify for the Boston marathon.  I think if I have successful training, this will take me at least 3 years to get the time down.  Since the start of the year I have set both a marathon and half marathon pb.   

current pbs

5k- 24:01 -Standard Chartered Great City Race, 2011

10k- 52:50 -Bupa 10000, 2008- my first proper race

Half - 1:56:06, Colchester Half Marathon, 2013

Marathon- 4:18:41, Halstead and Essex Marathon, 2013- just over a week ago- another v experienced runner who did it in 3:19 said because it's quite an undulating course, that's worth 5-10 minutes on a flat course, so hopefully I'm not too far away from the 4 hours to get my time down in October.

20/05/2013 at 15:42

Ikle, Well done on 5k PB. Said on Fb, but you're getting rewards from your Brighton training now.

Fido, Quinn, LO65, well done on respective marathons - LO65 1st lady, Fido a hot dog . Windermere sounded some tough hills.

Susan, think you got the effort level spot on, 10ks are a horrible distance like that. Well done.

Angela, welcome. was that your first marathon? you look on track for low 4 next time, keeping chipping away at half and 10k. Whats the qualifying time for Boston?

First club speed session on Saturday in 6 months with marathon training, 10 x 0.25m,, then Sunday club trail run with some miles before to make a nice 15m. Longest run since VLM.

In other news, hadnt noticed whilst away, ran my 3500th mile since Jan 2011 records began. Whilst out injured, struggled to do 10 miles a week so 3500 in less than 2 and a half years.

20/05/2013 at 15:57

Hi FRC, no, this was my 3rd Marathon.  I did London (4:38) and Berlin (4:33) both in 2011 and in both i was plagued by cramps I think due to heat, but also undertrained for the race - was meant to do NYC last year, but it was cancelled due to a little hurricane... which was a blessing in disguise as I was injured most of last summer so had done barely any training.  Halstead was certainly my first marathon where I felt well prepared for it - had run about 440 miles since the start of the year (before the marathon).

Qualifying time for Boston is 3:35, so a long long way away.  Will have to get a London GFA first, though they've moved the goal posts there...

How did you do in VLM?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.