sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,221 to 65,240 of 67,952 messages
21/05/2013 at 11:46

Tis quiet, no?

21/05/2013 at 13:07

Tis.

I haven't been running so have little to report. I am running 10km tomorrow night dressed as a Panda though. Unlikely to result in a PB..

21/05/2013 at 13:55

Well, aren't we all?

21/05/2013 at 17:12

Quiet you mean?

ACoops, enjoy the 10k ! It will be a Panda PB. Also remember not to carry too much. Just the bear necessities.

Angela, VLM went well, third marathon for me same as you. I'm 4 seconds off Boston male Q time now.... but here because they are a lovely bunch of people.

Edited: 21/05/2013 at 17:13
22/05/2013 at 10:07

Wow, Fido - impressive. And our very own LO65 winning the young ladies category! Hello Angela.  And good job, Quinn - can't remember, was Wind your first?

Blimey Susan if you can do 53 mins  I DREAD to think what my 10k time would be these days.

I've been running! Twice! Did 40 mins quite fast (well, not a gentle amble) with AR on Monday and have done 1h7mins this morning (def was a gentle amble). Ankle ok, fat foot (can't even remember if I mentioned the fat foot) going down, knees - not a peep. Hope there are no repercussions now. Fingers crossed.

22/05/2013 at 10:08

Monsieur La Fleur (Le Fleur?) won GOLD at Chelsea! Not bad, eh?

One for Tutu, Jovi and anyone else who knows Yorkshire running:  a club friend is moving to Ripon and is wondering which the good clubs are.  Any ideas/recommendations?  She's really lovely and a scoring club runner.

22/05/2013 at 16:14

Hi everyone!  AH how long have you had the "fat foot"?

It is great here that we have all different levels of runners and age groups

22/05/2013 at 16:33

hello all

Sorry for my long gap

So reading back sounds like a good night out

Lots of great running going on  special mention for LO65 great win

Well a week from now I will be in Gatwick getting ready to fly the last couple pf weeks has not been good and currently have my leg strapped by my Fizz this morning. Im not panicking yet as each day its improving she has now given me the OK to run so thats a start. I was going to have a crack at sub 10 but now have to accept a finish would be good. To my surprise Im not feeling down as at the end of the day all the training has given me a pb at the marathon and I have the safari to look forward to after no matter what happens so what will be will be.

22/05/2013 at 17:17

I'm@ the docs. Wonder if my pulse will beat 43 today?!!

I

22/05/2013 at 21:41

Hope you are okay Martin, is that still from London? 

Hope you okay at doc Ikle.

not sure what you meant re time AH my 10 km, was it cos it was so slow? Promise it felt really hard ! 

22/05/2013 at 21:59

Welcome Angela!

Martin, a bit of tape and a couple of paracetamol and you'll be just fine. I know it's a long way, but we both know you don't have to actually run all that much to sneak a Vic Clapham! 

22/05/2013 at 23:12

Susan thought AH was saying you ran a great 10k actually.

Congrats to dtf on Chelsea ! Wowzer. 

Not good news about AH fat foot or Ikle.

Martin oh no but the right attitude.. Fingers crossed for you. Remember fido last year though. Rest now and sure you will be fine

23/05/2013 at 09:10

The news is I'm super! (I suspected as much) Doc said low blood pressure better than high and that it is historically low, so probably not to worry. Going to the hospital for a couple of blood tests anyway just to be sure. He reckons I might have vitamin D deficiency, which Certainly wouldn't surprise me in this weather! In which case I would just get a supplement.

Have had an urge recently to run 50 miles slowly. What's that all about?

23/05/2013 at 09:19

Hey hey, thanks for the welcomes everyone!  Unfortunately,  I haven't run at all this week- horrible head cold and want to save it for my 10k on Monday.

Ikle, I've just done a nutrition course and you're right vit D is certainly something those of us living  so far away from sunshine could need to supplement.  I take it myself fairly regularly now - personally think my cold is down to not having taken it for a few days in the last couple of weeks!

23/05/2013 at 13:14

Hope the cold gets better soon, Angela.

23/05/2013 at 15:37

Fat foot is going down. Perhaps I was stung by something when I was cutting the grass. Doc had no ideas.

Susan - wasn't really saying anything about the actual time in your 10k - more that I know you were working hard and are fundamentally faster than me. If you're doing 53 mins at the mo (or whatever it was) gawd only knows what I'd do. Honest guv.

Fingers crossed for the leg, Martin. Sub 10. Wow - that would be huge.

Ikle, glad you're super.

C has just finished her ASs.  Gave her the book Susan. Thanks x

23/05/2013 at 18:37

legs are starting to feel normal again after the weekend.

lo65 great running to finish first. my dad was the first vet over 70 . was getting a bit worried in the last couple of miles as i knew he would be catching me.

23/05/2013 at 20:55

awesome Quinn!  especially about your dad - really hope i can still run at 70 .. though as hinted at earlier doing a 10km in 53 mins was incredibly hard .. i was running very fast it felt like..  AH I am sure your marathon training would stand you in good stead you trained much harder than me and if your knee held up I am sure you would be quicker!!

23/05/2013 at 22:02

Well done that Dad!

Have not run apart from half a mile with the beginners - one lady had a knee problem so I fell back and kept her company. 

Have signed up for another MK enigma jobbie in August, should not be left alone with FB... 

At the moment feel like I am providing much needed thread balance as FRC is reducing the average times to inappropriate levels - however my 2 x 5h efforts have restored harmony  

Second on the MT podium - hee - pipped another 4:58 lady into 3rd like lorries overtaking on the Stokenchurch Gap!

AH has the knee settled a little for now?

24/05/2013 at 07:21

Fido or Martin do you know any handy marathons around late November time? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.