sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,221 to 65,240 of 67,248 messages
19/05/2013 at 21:29

It was lovely meeting you all on Thursday. Promise I haven't been avoiding since  Very busy with visiting family, spent today at Legoland.

Ikle - amazing PB! 

19/05/2013 at 22:40

Awesome work Fiddo and LO 65 amazing! 

Ran faster as anything at my 10 km .. Really feeling ill fast by the end .. Still did not crack 50 .. Not sure of time. Went garminless ..

glad we have not put you off with our ancient ness ACoops was a pleasure to meet you 

20/05/2013 at 12:39

did 53 mins ... so not that fast at all - cant tell you how hard it felt - maybe I am getting ANCIENT after all.....

20/05/2013 at 12:51

windemere was very hard. especially the second half. finished in about 4:37 so lo65 you probably past me near the end.

if i did windemere again i would definitely need to do more running on the hills.

20/05/2013 at 13:48

Hello all, I'd been putting off joining this thread as I knew I was too far away from 4 hours in my spring marathon but I have a very lofty goal of going sub 4 in Autumn at Bournemouth.  Is anyone else doing Bournemouth?

im 26yo, been running for 5 years but have always had periods of good running followed by periods of slacking off.  At the start of this year, inspired by the people on the asics 26.2 comp, I set a goal to eventually qualify for the Boston marathon.  I think if I have successful training, this will take me at least 3 years to get the time down.  Since the start of the year I have set both a marathon and half marathon pb.   

current pbs

5k- 24:01 -Standard Chartered Great City Race, 2011

10k- 52:50 -Bupa 10000, 2008- my first proper race

Half - 1:56:06, Colchester Half Marathon, 2013

Marathon- 4:18:41, Halstead and Essex Marathon, 2013- just over a week ago- another v experienced runner who did it in 3:19 said because it's quite an undulating course, that's worth 5-10 minutes on a flat course, so hopefully I'm not too far away from the 4 hours to get my time down in October.

20/05/2013 at 15:42

Ikle, Well done on 5k PB. Said on Fb, but you're getting rewards from your Brighton training now.

Fido, Quinn, LO65, well done on respective marathons - LO65 1st lady, Fido a hot dog . Windermere sounded some tough hills.

Susan, think you got the effort level spot on, 10ks are a horrible distance like that. Well done.

Angela, welcome. was that your first marathon? you look on track for low 4 next time, keeping chipping away at half and 10k. Whats the qualifying time for Boston?

First club speed session on Saturday in 6 months with marathon training, 10 x 0.25m,, then Sunday club trail run with some miles before to make a nice 15m. Longest run since VLM.

In other news, hadnt noticed whilst away, ran my 3500th mile since Jan 2011 records began. Whilst out injured, struggled to do 10 miles a week so 3500 in less than 2 and a half years.

20/05/2013 at 15:57

Hi FRC, no, this was my 3rd Marathon.  I did London (4:38) and Berlin (4:33) both in 2011 and in both i was plagued by cramps I think due to heat, but also undertrained for the race - was meant to do NYC last year, but it was cancelled due to a little hurricane... which was a blessing in disguise as I was injured most of last summer so had done barely any training.  Halstead was certainly my first marathon where I felt well prepared for it - had run about 440 miles since the start of the year (before the marathon).

Qualifying time for Boston is 3:35, so a long long way away.  Will have to get a London GFA first, though they've moved the goal posts there...

How did you do in VLM?

21/05/2013 at 11:46

Tis quiet, no?

21/05/2013 at 13:07

Tis.

I haven't been running so have little to report. I am running 10km tomorrow night dressed as a Panda though. Unlikely to result in a PB..

21/05/2013 at 13:55

Well, aren't we all?

21/05/2013 at 17:12

Quiet you mean?

ACoops, enjoy the 10k ! It will be a Panda PB. Also remember not to carry too much. Just the bear necessities.

Angela, VLM went well, third marathon for me same as you. I'm 4 seconds off Boston male Q time now.... but here because they are a lovely bunch of people.

Edited: 21/05/2013 at 17:13
22/05/2013 at 10:07

Wow, Fido - impressive. And our very own LO65 winning the young ladies category! Hello Angela.  And good job, Quinn - can't remember, was Wind your first?

Blimey Susan if you can do 53 mins  I DREAD to think what my 10k time would be these days.

I've been running! Twice! Did 40 mins quite fast (well, not a gentle amble) with AR on Monday and have done 1h7mins this morning (def was a gentle amble). Ankle ok, fat foot (can't even remember if I mentioned the fat foot) going down, knees - not a peep. Hope there are no repercussions now. Fingers crossed.

22/05/2013 at 10:08

Monsieur La Fleur (Le Fleur?) won GOLD at Chelsea! Not bad, eh?

One for Tutu, Jovi and anyone else who knows Yorkshire running:  a club friend is moving to Ripon and is wondering which the good clubs are.  Any ideas/recommendations?  She's really lovely and a scoring club runner.

22/05/2013 at 16:14

Hi everyone!  AH how long have you had the "fat foot"?

It is great here that we have all different levels of runners and age groups

22/05/2013 at 16:33

hello all

Sorry for my long gap

So reading back sounds like a good night out

Lots of great running going on  special mention for LO65 great win

Well a week from now I will be in Gatwick getting ready to fly the last couple pf weeks has not been good and currently have my leg strapped by my Fizz this morning. Im not panicking yet as each day its improving she has now given me the OK to run so thats a start. I was going to have a crack at sub 10 but now have to accept a finish would be good. To my surprise Im not feeling down as at the end of the day all the training has given me a pb at the marathon and I have the safari to look forward to after no matter what happens so what will be will be.

22/05/2013 at 17:17

I'm@ the docs. Wonder if my pulse will beat 43 today?!!

I

22/05/2013 at 21:41

Hope you are okay Martin, is that still from London? 

Hope you okay at doc Ikle.

not sure what you meant re time AH my 10 km, was it cos it was so slow? Promise it felt really hard ! 

22/05/2013 at 21:59

Welcome Angela!

Martin, a bit of tape and a couple of paracetamol and you'll be just fine. I know it's a long way, but we both know you don't have to actually run all that much to sneak a Vic Clapham! 

22/05/2013 at 23:12

Susan thought AH was saying you ran a great 10k actually.

Congrats to dtf on Chelsea ! Wowzer. 

Not good news about AH fat foot or Ikle.

Martin oh no but the right attitude.. Fingers crossed for you. Remember fido last year though. Rest now and sure you will be fine

23/05/2013 at 09:10

The news is I'm super! (I suspected as much) Doc said low blood pressure better than high and that it is historically low, so probably not to worry. Going to the hospital for a couple of blood tests anyway just to be sure. He reckons I might have vitamin D deficiency, which Certainly wouldn't surprise me in this weather! In which case I would just get a supplement.

Have had an urge recently to run 50 miles slowly. What's that all about?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.