sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,541 to 65,560 of 67,272 messages
27/06/2013 at 15:27

Just trying to quickly catch up.  

Howard - so sorry about your dad. You were a very good son - you were always going to see him and he knew you were there with him. That will have made him feel calm, I'm sure. xx

As for Rosa! Fabulous. A first!  Excited to hear about the swim 

Will get back later.  Susan - am feeling a bit like you - you must be knackered!

27/06/2013 at 16:35

Little tired after maniac weekend .. Lovely prize giving at school, maths prize and the all round good guy , charming ambassador of or the school award for Patch!  Lots of folk round after for supper bed at 2 am up at 4.15 to say good bye to both boys off to Glasto. Did snooze  after but had drunk rather a lot of Fizz .. Spent all day clearing cupboards for actor to come and lodge for a few weeks .. Also blitzed James room..nice. Exhausted now, about to head for a little run. Cinema this eve 

27/06/2013 at 16:58

Is it World War Zed for you too, Susan?!

27/06/2013 at 17:21

The funeral was yesterday and went well. My sister gave the main eulogy and I said a few words about his sense of humour and his love of music and then played Misty on the piano. The song was written by Erroll Garmer one of my dad's favourite Jazz piano players. The sun was shining for the burial and we all threw white roses on the coffin (my dad was a proud Yorshireman). It was good to catch up with the extended family afterwards.

Back "home" in London and went for a 5 mile run this lunchtime. Had my consultation with the registrar last Tuesday and got the results of my latest MRI. He said that the scan showed "mild proximal hamstring tedinopathy on both sides". He said I would benefit from some specific stretching excercises supervised by a physio. Physical therapy would also be helpful including ultrsound short waves and pressure massages. He has also suggested to my GP that (s)he should suggest medical treatment with non-steroid anti-inflammatories and myorelaxants.

One of the doctors at my GP practice rang me whilst I was on the train to Yorkshire for the funeral. Not an ideal time for the conversation. She didn't want to prescribe anything stronger than Ibruprofen as, in her words, anything else would make me drowsy. So I'm now back to NHS physio and anti-inflams. Doesn't really seem enough although the registrar said this was a first step and he would see me in three months. I'm not sure how I feel about it at the moment but will be keeping up the pilates as this seems to be the only thing in the last two years that has helped.

27/06/2013 at 18:37

Sounds like a lovely service Howard ...

1. and keep up the Pilates 
28/06/2013 at 15:13

Howard - re your scan - I learned when I got my scan results that scan reports document every tiny little thing that shows up and can make things sound worse than they are as well as not really being all that helpful as regards WHEN things happened.  It kind of sounds a bit like they're casting round for something to say/do because perhaps there is no one thing. Who knows, maybe the hamstring tendinopathy was the result/cause of the initial glute discomfort all those months/years ago.  Either could be related to your foot injury/op/rehab.

I'm sure that the pilates will be helping more and more as you get stronger. I still think some good specific advice on leg strengthening exercises - more than you'll get from pilates.  

28/06/2013 at 15:16

Busy day so far. Simon's off racing (sailing) but I still have his mother coming to stay. Should be ok, but it's always better when there are more poeple aaround. J's at Glasto and C is away for much of the weekend rehearsing/performing/going to gigs. 

Swam in the sea at 7am today and, despite the rain and overcast skies, didn't freeze to death too much and did 1.20 mins, getting out because Sumo got out rather than because I was a block of ice. This is a good thing! Going to try for 2 hours on Sunday.

WTF - haven't forgotten I need to sponsor you - can you give the link again?

28/06/2013 at 15:18

Oh - and UmB - thanks for your lovely lardy lady comments about maybe my body's storing fat at the mo because of the swimming. It's possibly I suppose but I think it's got more to do with chardonnay and chocolate.

28/06/2013 at 15:22

Oh - have just seen the link on FB, WTF 

29/06/2013 at 06:26

I keep trying to train for ultra but have run piffly miles this week like 3 lots of 3 miles. Keep feeling weak. And unmotivated. Annoying. Really must up it next week and do some back to backs.

29/06/2013 at 07:29

Are you a deputy head teacher Ikle? Is it the end of the summer term? Hmmmmm probably quite busy ( understatement ) and pretty exhausted ( and that ... ) don't e so hard on yourself ...

29/06/2013 at 08:41

Yes, Susan. Bless you. I am as we speak at sleepover...

29/06/2013 at 13:25

Piffly miles? Ikle translate! Leave the back to backs for the weekend if tired.

Wtf post your link here anyway. Will sponsor nearer the time.

Ultra for me in 2 weeks, In Yorkshire, my navigation skills are about as good as a drunken badger's so could be interesting... Circuit done today, Some running tomorrow and Monday.

Anyone racing this weekend? Good luck and safe running to everyone else.

29/06/2013 at 16:39

Park run done, first birthday of the park run so the mayor came. Mowed front and back lawn ( #mansion) trimmed the hedge and helped Sian with hers .. Would say trimmed my bush but that would start Umbongo off with his terrible innuendo nonsense so I will say hedge  

boys in Glastonbury, Gordon in Guernsey .. All quiet on the Western Front ....

29/06/2013 at 17:19

Am watching Glasto on TV at the mo - doesn't it look amazing? #jealous.  Just had a text from Jack. "Alive"  I did ask him to text me occasionally to tell me he was alive...

I got a parkrun PB today.  24.14.  All I can think is that the course must have been short!

Have granny for the weekend so have done two walks as well. But is lovely weather for it. Looking forward to my sea swim tomorrow - I think. There's a gang of us aiming for 2 hours #wibble.

29/06/2013 at 17:23

Need to cut the grass, too, but the drive belt went on Tuesday... that means a LOT of PUSHING. Up hill.  I think I'll leave it until after the swim tomorrow.

Ikle - it's hard to run when it's hot. The first few miles are awful aren't they but am sure you'll feel better once you get past the first few.  How many more weeks of work have you got to go?

29/06/2013 at 17:39

Good luck with the two hours AH 

29/06/2013 at 23:02

3 weeks and 3 days.

30/06/2013 at 12:00

Well done on 5k PB, AH.

30/06/2013 at 21:18

Piffly equals Rubbish. 

Ran 10 miles today! Thank goodness for that. I'm not done for after all! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.