sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,541 to 65,560 of 67,395 messages
28/06/2013 at 15:18

Oh - and UmB - thanks for your lovely lardy lady comments about maybe my body's storing fat at the mo because of the swimming. It's possibly I suppose but I think it's got more to do with chardonnay and chocolate.

28/06/2013 at 15:22

Oh - have just seen the link on FB, WTF 

29/06/2013 at 06:26

I keep trying to train for ultra but have run piffly miles this week like 3 lots of 3 miles. Keep feeling weak. And unmotivated. Annoying. Really must up it next week and do some back to backs.

29/06/2013 at 07:29

Are you a deputy head teacher Ikle? Is it the end of the summer term? Hmmmmm probably quite busy ( understatement ) and pretty exhausted ( and that ... ) don't e so hard on yourself ...

29/06/2013 at 08:41

Yes, Susan. Bless you. I am as we speak at sleepover...

29/06/2013 at 13:25

Piffly miles? Ikle translate! Leave the back to backs for the weekend if tired.

Wtf post your link here anyway. Will sponsor nearer the time.

Ultra for me in 2 weeks, In Yorkshire, my navigation skills are about as good as a drunken badger's so could be interesting... Circuit done today, Some running tomorrow and Monday.

Anyone racing this weekend? Good luck and safe running to everyone else.

29/06/2013 at 16:39

Park run done, first birthday of the park run so the mayor came. Mowed front and back lawn ( #mansion) trimmed the hedge and helped Sian with hers .. Would say trimmed my bush but that would start Umbongo off with his terrible innuendo nonsense so I will say hedge  

boys in Glastonbury, Gordon in Guernsey .. All quiet on the Western Front ....

29/06/2013 at 17:19

Am watching Glasto on TV at the mo - doesn't it look amazing? #jealous.  Just had a text from Jack. "Alive"  I did ask him to text me occasionally to tell me he was alive...

I got a parkrun PB today.  24.14.  All I can think is that the course must have been short!

Have granny for the weekend so have done two walks as well. But is lovely weather for it. Looking forward to my sea swim tomorrow - I think. There's a gang of us aiming for 2 hours #wibble.

29/06/2013 at 17:23

Need to cut the grass, too, but the drive belt went on Tuesday... that means a LOT of PUSHING. Up hill.  I think I'll leave it until after the swim tomorrow.

Ikle - it's hard to run when it's hot. The first few miles are awful aren't they but am sure you'll feel better once you get past the first few.  How many more weeks of work have you got to go?

29/06/2013 at 17:39

Good luck with the two hours AH 

29/06/2013 at 23:02

3 weeks and 3 days.

30/06/2013 at 12:00

Well done on 5k PB, AH.

30/06/2013 at 21:18

Piffly equals Rubbish. 

Ran 10 miles today! Thank goodness for that. I'm not done for after all! 

01/07/2013 at 00:27

Hello, just popping in again. Still on holiday, still hardly running. Bought a new pair of running shoes though.. also been watching plenty of sport, lions test match the highlight! I feel VERY round, bleh. 

Can't wait to hear your results Wabo! 

Sorry for your loss Howard. 

01/07/2013 at 07:32

I did ten miles too Ikle ... Half Mara next weekend ... Eek ...

01/07/2013 at 11:33

Yay! We r Soopah!

01/07/2013 at 17:24

01/07/2013 at 22:30

Ah yes ouch.  I am not really on speedy sneakers and therefore leading, I am an improving runner A doing all the races on the grand prix. 

Just some comment on the TdF with GC being the way it is, it would appear likely that in addition to the glory of a stage win, the team winning tomorrow's stage will also take yellow. The following are the highest placed riders for each team and therefore the riders who are most likely (not guaranteed) to be in yellow tomorrow evening should their team win the stage.

1 Jan Bakelants (Bel) RadioShack Leopard 12:21:27
2 Julien Simon (Fra) Sojasun 0:00:01
3 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge
4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling
7 David Millar (GBr) Garmin-Sharp
8 Sergey Lagutin (Uzb) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
9 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team
10 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
11 Nicolas Roche (Irl) Team Saxo-Tinkoff
12 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol
16 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Merida
17 Eduard Vorganov (Rus) Katusha  
19 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team
29 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling
36 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team
41 Arnold Jeannesson (Fra) FDJ
43 Davide Malacarne (Ita) Team Europcar
70 Christophe Le Mevel (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits
109 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Argos-Shimano 0:13:01

I think we can probably discount Tom Dumoulin who, despite being the best placed Argos-Shimano rider is 13 minutes down.  All the rest are within one second.   Comment http://d2ride.co.uk/News-and-Blog.php

02/07/2013 at 11:48

One would normally tip Sky but without the the Brave Sir Bradly it might not be so straight forward.

Feeling really bleugh today. Went to Wimbledon yesterday. Got to the start of the queue at 6.40. Was a long day and felt really rubbish by the time I got home. I think my body is trying to tell me something. I have just gone through the most intensive work schedule for years (7 weeks virtually non stop) with a 3 hour round trip each day then my dad having the stroke, lots of travel to Yorkshire and back and then the funeral last week, taking a friend's 5 year old to Legoland on Friday and then to Sheffield on Saturday. Had to clear Rosa's student house, clean it and then pack all her stuff in our family saloon - then drive back to London.

Went for a run on Sunday evening and had to curtail it to 2 miles as mind and body were not up for it. Then yesterday at the tennis.I suspect some variant of Man Flu.

I think an afternoon of watching tennis from the sofa might be in order!

02/07/2013 at 12:19

Bless you Howard.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.