sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,581 to 65,600 of 66,856 messages
06/07/2013 at 06:49

I've been in Australia AH. It was a much overdue trip to see the family. I spent a bit of time in Hobart, but it rained every day so there were definitely no sailing boats involved. I'm back now and awake silly early because I'm on Aus time still. Good excuse to go for a run I think. Before it gets too hot - hooray for summer! 

06/07/2013 at 07:09

Sunshine ! 

06/07/2013 at 12:02

Feels like heaven! I have lost 5lb so far on my wedding dress get thin diet. Huzzah!

06/07/2013 at 22:01

Well done Ikle. Looking forward to MK Half being over tomorrow if was not running to support mate would NOT be bothering !! 

07/07/2013 at 00:03

Good luck Susan. Going to be a hot one. Lots of fluids before AND after the race. Your choice. Enjoy!

Well done Ikle, that's fab.

Wabo grand prix , how did you get on?

Been helping Mrs FRC with her training.. Before that last 10k, only ran 5-10 miles the 2 weeks before with work and essays to do, but she didnt tell me, silly. Back to 15-20 miles this week, and this morning with me, speedy 4 mile walk to the gym in 60 mins then a fab outdoor circuit with Team GB and now England rugby team S&C coach.

Doing 8 miles trail with her tomorrow to kick off her TR24 training, early on to avoid the sun. Breakie. Gardening, then time for the tennis.

Good running out there. Hat, sun cream, water.

07/07/2013 at 06:35

07/07/2013 at 14:44

Wow Susan, early. I wonder how your very hot run is going. I'm waiting til later to do mine. 

07/07/2013 at 17:01

Yes I can confirm it was HOT. but I am here in one piece.  2.18 not too shabby given the temperature .. 

07/07/2013 at 20:14

Can not imagine running today - blimey - good jawb, Susan. Must be quiet at home for you at the mo.

Good jawb, too, Ikle on the diet. And Howard glad you're having a rest before you unleash yourself back on the running scene again. x

Bit of an interesting weekend - wish I'd done one or two things a bit differently. Anyone know anything about epileptic seizures?

As you know it was Blissfields - local festival this weekend. Big local deal these days and we've been going for ever. C, though, had a seizure on Friday night. Tonic clonic, rigid then twitching/spasms on the floor the lot. The chances are it's a one off, triggered by lots of red bull (it's the caffeine, rather than taurine that's bad), bit of beer, being hot from dancing etc with the final straw being strobe lighting. Night in A&E - nothing dodgy showing up in her bloods thank goodness - and a generally scary thing all round. Scared her friends and brother witless. We got there when she was coming to.

Anyway, she went back yesterday, but didn't drink, dance etc and spent a long time in our cool tent dozing. She had an early night and slept in our tent rather in her rubbish tip tent with her mates. Today she's in quite a lot of pain from the muscle spasms and has slept all day. She's wiped out, poor love. 

Just wondered if anyone had any experience? Obv I've googled it all and am now the world expert (the doc at hosp was next to useless I now realise).

07/07/2013 at 20:54

Yowser. Glad she's ok. 

I just ran a very hot but lovely shady breezy in parts 14 miles with Basey. So much fun! I am a very happy girl. My sweat tastes well salty! 

08/07/2013 at 09:10

Gosh. Sorry to hear that AH. I have two mate with daughters who have had seizures. Often related to being over tired not eating etc. they have both had more than one. Give me a call sometime if you want a chat.  Not exactly quiet here got eldest in usual chaos sorting out or not orating out his trip away .. Very frustrating .. So many things he could have done ages ago and now all last minute and he has a sore knee from playing cricket !!!! Aa aargh ... 

08/07/2013 at 12:33

5 warm, slow miles this morning and feeling a lot better generally.

08/07/2013 at 22:54

Not sure Monday Pimms was the best plan... after a mere 2.61 mile run! Glad Monday is done. Glad the running's picking, up Howard.

09/07/2013 at 10:03

Howard, thats good news.

AH, blimey, hope C is okay. very scary. All the heat, caffeine, dancing, strobe sounds horrible mix to do that. Sure she will be fine.

Susan, well done running that half. Very hot out there. Quite a few suffered at a half near here, running out of water.

Ikle, tasty 14 miles. Good training.

Had a good run with Mrs FRC, 7.5 miles 5 trail. Both tired legs, after pushing the scrum machine in previous days circuit , my calves were worse than after some 20 milers, rock hard and sore. Those rugby players must have silly strong legs and core. We took a few breathers, stretches to loosen up, walk some of the ups. All good sensible things.

Who thought Murray was going to blow that third set?

09/07/2013 at 14:58

afternoon all

frc, I don't actually know the latest re grand prix, had a good run though!

hen, my daughter suffered some of them between the age of 13 and about 21, had all sorts of tests, they said it seemed like epilepsy.  She doesn't really suffer now, but still knows the feeling when it almost comes on, if that makes sense.  I have also heard something about hormones causing something like that but not sure how much that is true? It is very frightening to see though, scared me! Oh and it wiped her out when it happened.

well done on wedding dress weight ikle!  Though you looked perfect to me!

started Snowdonia training this week.

Ooh hen I cycled with  cleats today, big girl I am!

09/07/2013 at 18:09

Thanks, Wabo! The first time I did cleats, I fell into a car. It was all very hilarious. A parked car. Then ever since I've been fine. I like cleats because you can pull as well as push. I'm at work late tonight because we have a singing concert at 7pm and I'm playing piano for the Green Green Grass song that year 2 choir are singing. And Gospel Medley. It's all good fun! Plus it's nearly the holidays. Hoorah! Surely OFSTED can't come now can they? Can they?

09/07/2013 at 22:04

You teaching types work so hard - the summer hols must be a life line.

Thanks for well wishes for C.  We had a quick sesh with the GP yesterday who was fab and very supportive, and the college has been, too.  She's still a bit sore/achey but also is sleeping for Britain. She's doing everything she has to do, but no more. Is loving not doing homework I should think. Thanks for offer, Susan x

I haven't run for almost a week but am doing a xc at Marwell Zoo tomorrow. Last time they ran it it was so muddy I lost my shoe three times and there was a loose horse careering round the woods. Also had a couple of glorious swims in the sea this am. Such a treat to enjoy being in the cool water when it's baking hot. Bliss. Bloody deserve it, mind...

Hope calves are feeling better now, FRC.

WAbo:! welcome to cleats.  You'll be faster!

10/07/2013 at 10:34

5 more warm miles today totalling 10 for the week!

10/07/2013 at 22:20

Go go Howard !   

11/07/2013 at 11:07

nice one howard!

Did another 19 miler with cleats, I am enjoying it so much more than the time I tried before, not sure why!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.