sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

65,801 to 65,820 of 67,684 messages
29/08/2013 at 17:47

You always scare us a little Ikle

Great report..  Funny that the group of four you saw twice had 2 friends of mine in them. They finished in over 12 hours by the way.

Wonder why trail works for you now, but when you did the Bath event with all the gates it didn't.

What was the bit about The lack of aerial? And circumventing the aerial. Assumed it was an auto correct.

29/08/2013 at 20:51

No, that was absolutely right! We did see the aerial but only after it was no longer necessary as a landmark. Which two did you know? Apart from the one who was doing her first because I know her. I was very careful to step down from each 'sty' not jump.

29/08/2013 at 21:16

Still in awe of the Henster and Miss Ikle 

29/08/2013 at 22:46

I think running 42 bloody miles is epic - especially as you haven't been training for  miles and miles for years and years. And no knee pain? Fab.  Perhaps you've found your thing.  Great report too. Exciting all the way through. LOL at the hill that lasted 12 years. 

Am putting off going to bed because of the faff of cleaning my teeth.

29/08/2013 at 22:48

I hate that teeth cleaning thing!

30/08/2013 at 07:23

Teeth cleaning? Easier than swimming the channel or running an ultra surely??

30/08/2013 at 08:00

Heh true but it's the little things. And going to the toilet in a onesie when it's cold. But that's another subject altogether. 

30/08/2013 at 16:16

ooh, look at that tumbleweed!

You DID scare people off this time, Ikle.

30/08/2013 at 22:42

30/08/2013 at 23:18

*scared face*

01/09/2013 at 13:13

Gosh she really did scare them .......

01/09/2013 at 13:18

Have briefly revisited the world of triathlon. Jack did Ready this am. Got up at 5am.   The boy done good. Watching the marshalling situations was not relaxing.

01/09/2013 at 13:30

What is Ready? 

Did a very respectable recovery style parkrun yesterday in 24:12. Think I may go for a PB next weekend. Will have to knock 11 seconds off each of the 3 laps... 

01/09/2013 at 16:37

IKLE/AH Both AMAZING!!!!! words cannot do what the 2 of you have done

Much better 10 miler this morning so feel Im on the way back

01/09/2013 at 18:08

Reading... oops.

Got up at 5am after waiting to collect Charlie last night - not enough sleep. Never mind, two G&Ts seem to be helping. Am loving a sloosh of  elderflower in G&T at the mo.

01/09/2013 at 22:09

Ah... People are back .. Hurrah 

tutu birthday today 

ran about 9.5 miles today .. Slowly 

02/09/2013 at 07:17

Nice one, Susan!

02/09/2013 at 10:26

Hello - remember me?! Bless Susan for mentioning my birthday on here yesterday, I guess that answers my question then, how sweet Obviously I knew Susan remembered though as she sent me a nice message (still need to reply to your last text actually, sorry, had a busy evening in the end...)

So how is everyone? I know about Ikle's ultra and AH's channel swim from facebook - HUGE well done to you both - but I bet I've missed tons of other things. How many more marathons have been run over the summer? I know Jovi came 2nd overall / 1st lady in one, again from facebook - wowzers!!

Motherhood is wonderful but um... "time consuming" I guess you could say! But I've been pleased with the amount of running I've managed to squeeze in actually. I'm going out between once and 3 times a week, well I have been the last few weeks since getting my super running buggy, makes things a lot easier re: childcare at least! Did 26.30 at my first parkrun with it last weekend, yay!

I even ran double figures yesterday, which I guess it what has prompted me to come here and say hi, it sort of made me feel like a proper runner again, haha! I did the final leg of the annual Leeds Country Way relay race. Furthest I've run since Manchester Marathon 2012 (16 months ago!) and quite a challenge but I felt good and managed average pace of 8:59 for the 10 miles, off road, I even chatted most of the way round with my running partner (you run it in pairs) Lovely stuff.

Sitting here with ice pack on my foot thought, it's been painful for a few weeks but is suddenly REALLY bad, so I've had to miss my pramercise class this morning, boo. My sports massage chap says it's probably just the tendons as it's sort of the side, inside of the foot not the underneath but I am wondering now, it's super painful, yuk.

Louis is about to wake up from a nap but when he goes down again I'll try and read back a bit if at all possible. If anyone wants to give me a summary of the last few months that would be grand too Not saying I'll be able to come post here regularly again but I will come by a bit more often as I miss you all and it's fun talking (loosely!) about running again.....

Lots of love to you all x x x

02/09/2013 at 11:17

Lovely reading! Happy belated birthday and well done on getting out at all Tutu.

Fab reports re the Ultra sounds so tough.

Sorry do not post much but do read back. I agree Susan is lovely

Training hard for Chester next month. 

02/09/2013 at 21:55

Yes, we are all agreed on that, LO 65.

I would like to say that anyone on this thread who knows me and has met me in Real Life is actually very welcome to come to the evening bit of the wedding on 26th Oct just let me know.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.