sub 4 hour group,if anyone wants to get together

all welcome

66,021 to 66,040 of 67,688 messages
28/10/2013 at 07:28

Congratulations to our Ikle she looks so pretty and happy in the Facebook pics. 

28/10/2013 at 15:57

Just under 4:19 at Frankfurt which is a relief as that's my Pen F sorted for Comrades.  Hard work though. But best time I've done in 20 months!

There was a bloke getting chest compressions and oxygen that we passed in the early section - nothing on the news but that sort of thing rarely goes well (though people did remind me about Salazar and Muamba ). Very sobering. 

Frankfurt OK but Abo-flat not Berlin or Dutch flat.

28/10/2013 at 17:05

Hello, I freqented this thread leading up to the Manchester 2013 marathon, which, for reasons I won't bother going into now became for me, the Milton Keynes 2013 marathon.

Frustratingly I missed my target for a sub 4:00 time by 19 minutes, which I was gutted by, but it was still a 49 minute PB, so progress for me. I'm going to enter the 2014 Manchester marathon and have another crack and sub4, so will be checking in here with you good people, and taking some encouragement from your efforts, and occasionally updating you on my own.

After a bit of an injury layoff this summer, I'm back to running about 30 miles per week. I'm going to be following an 18 week training plan for manchester, so have another 5 weeks to get into shape before that starts, which i'm doing by getting in some slow miles, as well as cycling most days to/from work.

28/10/2013 at 17:56

Hello AgentGinger good to see you. Congrats on your latest Mara .. Any Mara medal is a great medal.

Fido ... Did not know you were doing Frankfurt ... Need to focus on a spring Mara .. What is there apart from London and Brighton that may still have some spaces???? Any ideas? I need some inspiration...... 

28/10/2013 at 21:18

FIDO- Where did that come from. Not happy now Im going to have to go back Only kiding saw a lot of posts from you on the thread but did not realise you were going back.

Susan- Stratford upon avon  is good. 2 laps and 1 hill but we made a weekend of it

28/10/2013 at 21:43

Is it around the same sort of time? Thanks Martin will have a look 

29/10/2013 at 01:07
Cough, what about Wabo? A top time by super lady at Snowdonia.

Ikle, also top lady, looking fabulous at wedding and also a PB. Congrats.

Fido, great mara time. If you get a better time, can you keep updating your Comrades pen?
Agree about seeing people collapse., not nice. A friend did great south run, the 10miler, collapsed after 2 miles, fell over smacked his head and out cold for 10 minutes. Woke up and tried to run off. Grabbed and taken to hospital.

Jovi, good recce. I think it really helps to know where the tough bits are, and the bits you can let fly, get the pacing side so not blow yourself out.

Susan.. So was it speed session 3 days after an ultra, or doing 5 in a year?

Manchester marathon is in April. Where WTF got her Sub 4. A friend got 3:06 and the course measured short...

Welcome back Agent Ginger.

The seminar Saturday was just phenomenal. 5 hours for 20 pound but worth ten times that, or more.. we worked in pairs.
The team Gb Physio was amazing,.. Simple things like planks, glute exercises, static balance exercises on one leg, belly breathing whilst doing leg raises, to analyse where you may have a problem, and how you can correct. Not a hard sell in sight. Injured Friend came ..has paid hundreds in Physio. Physio checked her, the problems may actually on right not left side of hip.

Strength conditioning coach (who I knew already and do circuits with) was just phenomenal.
How to show you have an imbalance in a leg. Example exercises,
s&c program, doing less mileage (Susan!).
Knowing what loads of middle distance runners and sprinters, even Bradley Wiggins do in the gym and Why,. Seriously - Awesome.

I'm going to make some changes. Blog about the two here. Not linking on new forum.

http://www.eis2win.co.uk/Pages/EIS_Blog_Details.aspx?BE_ID=42
Edited: 29/10/2013 at 01:11
29/10/2013 at 13:16

Thanks for that FRC - will take a butchers.

Susan - I was thinking  Manchester. For you I mean, not me.

29/10/2013 at 20:56

When is it though .. Earlier the better .. You know me and heat!!  

29/10/2013 at 21:09

Yes Fabo Wabo and Fantido Fido !! Awesome running.

and PB MRS IKLE you are all awesome.. Feel like it's been a while since I did any thing amazing, if ever. 

Winter blues, mid life crisis, who knows what ... Laugh a minute round mine 

29/10/2013 at 21:14
Manc is week before VLM Susan April 6th.

When WT did it in 2012 it was about 2 degrees.. And raining. So definitely not hot. Was perfect this year though.

AH the link was just the people at the event.. Not the info. I do have the handouts though...
29/10/2013 at 22:17

Ah, thanks FRC will look into that. April 6 th sounds good ...

29/10/2013 at 22:17

WT fancy Manchester with me in April?? Not fast though 

30/10/2013 at 00:02

Welcome back Agent Ginger.

Fido - great run at Frankfurt.

Susan - a lot of people from our club have done manchester - they all said it was a fast course. In 2012 my mate almost got hypothermia whilst running it as it persisted down with freezing rain most of the way (Tutu di it that year too and got a PB).  I think it was better weather this year but still coolish? You could always join me and Martin in Greece - same weekend as Manchester...

Edited: 30/10/2013 at 00:04
30/10/2013 at 07:22

That's a lovely thought Wendy but ...  Greece sounds just a tad warm ,,

will def look at Manchester 

30/10/2013 at 09:15

The first weekend in  April should be quite pleasant - start in the low teens and finish in the higher teens - so here's hoping in 2014 they don't have unseasonably warm weatherlike they did last year.  The race is a couple of weeks earlier this year so am hoping it will definitely be cooler.  I have been in Greece in April in previous years when I have needed thermals at night!

30/10/2013 at 12:33

Would love to run another marathon but the way things are going at the moment it'd take me about 5 hours!

Welcome back AgentGinger!

Who's seen Ikle's excellent wedding footwear?

30/10/2013 at 12:49

hello all

hen ikle looks gorgeous doesn't she?

Snowdonia was amazing! Going back next year I just have to

And to the Ultra runners here, I may well do one of them in January as well...

hope you are all well

don't think I will do London again

30/10/2013 at 12:53

Wabo, did you do Snowdon with a gang of club mates?  What did you like about it so much?  Have heard great things.

30/10/2013 at 21:14

Cheesy grins all round reading your comments. From Mrs.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.