04/09/2007 at 21:09

Hi  (( Roobs ))

(( Lyndylou ))

I admire your post...

sadly most of this british generation lost the thread years ago

Hippo

Just read your post

chin up girl

your our star hipps ... you know we love you !

even though your a short fat little hippo  

04/09/2007 at 22:20

Evening Mick and all.

Saving some more vibes for next time Hipps

04/09/2007 at 22:44

Kierrah had a good day at her new school. Had to ring her mobile a few times after school. Firstly she was late out of school, due to trying to sort out her maths group. They had put her in Level 3-4 and she should be in Level 5.

Then her friend told her to go her way, which was double the distance to the bus stop, followed by them going in the chip shop. I told her to come straight home.

She has a locker and I thought lets go and get it cut. The first shop did not have the right key and the next was shut. Then is was of to Asda to get her a shirt with a collar, as she is having her school photo done tomorrow and has to wear her tie. From now until half term it is summer uniform, which is a blouse without collar.

Spent more time tonight sewing labels into uniform.

04/09/2007 at 22:48

Gosh-was big school that complex when we were there?

cant rememeber

(slapps Mick)

Off to wales tomorrow

04/09/2007 at 23:20
(((hipps)))
05/09/2007 at 06:29

Morning all,

((Hippo)), onwards and upwards.

((Lyndy)), hope the fizzy-ow gets you sorted today.

Have a good one.

05/09/2007 at 08:08

Morning all!

I knew Hippo would slap Mick! I was tempted to do it for her last night...........

Hippo - I remember being very fed up after my first day at big school - it all just seemed too complicated. I hated it. It took me a good year to settle down properly.

And I had to sew my own labels into my uniform!!!!!

05/09/2007 at 09:10

hi form wales

I am ok

I even survived driving in the dark-EEK!

05/09/2007 at 09:21

Morning

Well done on the run last night Roobs - hope your legs are okay today.

Ooer - hippos in the dark eh. Not something I'd like to run into LOL

Where are you in Wales this time Hipps??

My big school was 7 miles away and we had to get the bus.  There were only 4 of us doing that school run 'cos we were clever and passed the 11 Plus but our village had recetnly changed counties so we had to go to a different school to the older brainy ones who went 13 miles in the opposite direction.  I suppose we were lucky in that respect that we didn't have so far to travel, but they had a school bus.

I remember sewing all my labels in my uniform and the school seemed huge after my little village school and everyone seemed so much more worldly wise.  Didn't take me long to catch up though   We were known as the brown knicker brigade, for obvious reasons (no not that - our uniforms were brown).

My little Mooey starts school tomorrow. Her older brother is dreading it 'cos she is always beating him up and he will be in the classroom next to her.  Can't believe how the time has flown by since I used to have her every week when she was a baby until she went to nursery.  This time four years ago I was taking her to the beach nearly every day 'cos we had a really good summer and she was swimming in the sea when she was 6 months old. It's scarey how quick the years pass.

05/09/2007 at 09:49

Morning all

Been for a nice swim before work this morning.

(((Hippo))) - chin up! Well done on your drive in the dark.

(((Lyndy))) - good luck with the Fizz today.

Tracey - Pleased that Keirrah had a good day at school. I buy the iron on lables! Can't do with sewing lables for for three lots of unifom!

Morning Roobs and Slugsta.....have a good day everyone!

05/09/2007 at 09:58
If I had a swim in the morning before work I'd be asleep all day
05/09/2007 at 11:06

Morning all.

MWW

The iron on labels kept coming off, so I brought sew on ones.

Of the the caravan soon to empty out more of our crap.

05/09/2007 at 11:10

Monring all.

Flying visit, need to get ready for work.

(((((to all who need them!)))))

05/09/2007 at 11:13

Tracey - I know what you mean - just don't do sewing unless it is absolutely essential!

I'm off for some blood tests now ...oh what an exciting life I lead!

05/09/2007 at 13:57
Lyndy - The swim wakes me up for a few hours, but I'm usually a bit sleepy by lunchtime!
05/09/2007 at 14:14

Really sorry that you didn't get the job, Hippo. I'm sure the right thing will come along, but just wish it would hurry up! Well done on driving in the dark.

Glad Keirrah's first day went ok. Tracey, and hope you get the caravan sorted soon.

MWW, sea-side runs and swimming - both sound nice. Hope all is ok with the blood tests.

Lyndy, I'll be down your way on Friday - daughter has to resit a Uni exam . Hope Mooey enjoys school and leaves her brother in peace (probably not much hope there!

05/09/2007 at 18:06

Should be running with the club tonight but am still at work as I have a couple of days off and loads to do!

On my hollies now for a few days - doing my Day Skipper Practical exam - 3 days solid

05/09/2007 at 19:17

Good luck with the Skippers exam TS, 3 days solid sounds tough going!

Was going for a plod but zonked out for over an hour, must be tired!

05/09/2007 at 19:19

MWW

Thanks for mentioning your blood test. I am giving blood on Friday and had totally forgotten about it. So that means tomorrow will have to me my LSR day.

05/09/2007 at 20:52

Had a good session with the Physio, not so much hamstring as glutes.  She did lots of ultrasound followed by lots of really deep massage which really hurt but was a "nice hurt" if you know what I mean.

She was surprised when she found nothing in my hamstring when I was lying face down but as soon as I turned over and she tried a hamstring stretch I nearly lept off the couch, so more ultrasound on the hamstring and more deep massage.  Really got my money's worth as was in there for over an hour.  Chiro also popped her head in the door and checked my back out while I was there so got 2 for the price of 1.

Got to do lots of icing and stretching for the next week then back again next Wednesday.  Does feel a lot better.

Made absolutely no headway with the kitchen tonight.  Mr L measured up for the brackets for one of the wall units and got it wrong so the unit was too high.  Have had to take it all down, fill the holes and try again tomorrow, so that's a night wasted   I should have checked the measurements, I usually do but thought he knew what he was doing.  That'll teach me!

What time are you down here on Friday Diana - not sure if I'm working or not.  Don't think so, so we could meet for a coffee if you're killing time waiting for your daughter.  Which Uni is she at?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.