Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

30,321 to 30,340 of 60,765 messages
05/09/2007 at 22:39

Good luck with the exam, TS.  (that's you in concentration mode, that is!)

Lyndy, a good hurt is always preferable. Hope it all sorts out for you.

Hippo, you keep saving those vibes. Sorry to hear about the job, but, as you quite rightly say, it just wasn't meant to be.

(I do love those smileys you know)

Very sad news indeed about Jane. I hope her family can take some comfort from how much she inspired others around her when she was here. I've always believed you're only here for a specific purpose and that certainly was hers.

I've managed 8 miles tonight on the new feet so feeling a bit better. My knees are struggling a bit but I guess that's more to do with the fact that my legs are working in the way they should rather than at funny angles without the orthotics? Any thoughts? Should I be overly concerned...

Right. Off up the wooden hill to the land of nod and all that. I'm pooped. Think I may have overdone things a bit this week. 4 miles and an early morning gym session Monday, PT session yesterday, another early gym start today and 8 miles tonight.... now I come to think of it, that's probably got more to do with why my knees are a bit stiff...

I'm going to stop talking now!....

06/09/2007 at 07:02

Morning all,

((TS)) - 3 days of exams! Hope that everything goes well.

((Lyndy)) glad that the fizz has isolated your injury and getting treatment started. I'm currently having to work on my glute med to try and help my back pain. Lots of single leg dips and 'clams' against resistance. Mind you, when I go back my lovely (male) fizz does have to feel my ar$e to see how much progress has been made .

Delia - when I got my orthotics I was warned that I would get mild 'shin splint' type problems and they lasted for months. Could you phone your pod and just check that your knee problem is to be expected?

Cinders - not surprised that you get tired at times. Take the opportunity to rest while you can.

Bleurgh - sewing on labels. I used to just put a stitch at each label corner for SB, sometimes they came off but at least I was only doing one at a time then!

I remember my first day at senior school. I was the only one form my junior school going there and it was 2 bus rides away. The change from a small church school close to home was immense but the joy of being young is how quickly adaptation occurs.

Have a good one.

06/09/2007 at 08:09

Morning Slugsta

2nd attempt at getting up, had some noooo furniture delivered at 6 this morning, wasn't expecting it THAT early!!!

I remember my 1st day as senior school....I cried!!!

06/09/2007 at 09:57

Morning all

5 miles of intervals done this morning - felt a bit tired and heavy legged!

Delia - take it easy with the new feet!

Cinders - don't push yourself too hard - rest if you need to.

Lyndy - hope the Fiz zis making a difference?

Morning Slugsta!

Busy day today.....may pop in later ifI have a chance!

06/09/2007 at 10:13

Morning all

Well done on the 8 miles Delia.  I would think sore knees would be the order of the day given that you are now upping the miles and the new feet.  Must be making all your joints/muscles work in a different way.

Fizz session has made a difference, still sore, but hopefully getting there now.

Cinders - you're supposed to be taking things a little easier now. Don't you go trying to do too much now ~~~~~~~~~~

The new base carcass arrived at 8.20 together with the delivery I had forgotten about from Next, so don't have to wait in for anything today - yee haa

Off out later to try to sort a couple of things out at B&Q - think we should have some infills that we don't have   Then off to our suppliers to pick out my new appliances so we make sure we have them next week when, hopefully everything will be finished in the kitchen except the tiling.  Will at least be able to use it then, fingers crossed.

06/09/2007 at 10:14
errrr - where's Roobs - she's been very quiet this last couple of days ???????
06/09/2007 at 10:23

Morning all.

This is terrible - just read back through all the posts and have forgotten them already

So ((((( ))))) for those who need them.

Not coughing like a 20-a-day smoker anymore, it's more like a 40-a-day! Getting really pi**ed off with it now - have done nothing since Friday and even then it was only swimming. Desperate to get out cycling or running

06/09/2007 at 13:46
I did 18 miles this morning , but bl@@dy hard work.
06/09/2007 at 13:57

I'm here!!!!!

Been quiet cos I's bin bizzy!!!!!

I did my 2nd 20-miler this morning. I set off at 5.15 when it was nice and cool (and dark) but once the sun came up it got blimmin' hot! It was hard going but I managed it which is the main thing.

Debstir - get yourself to the doc in case you need antibiotics!!!! Take care! x

Good luck TS!

Cinders - take it easy!

Lyndy - glad you are getting the right treatment.

Well done Tracey!

Delia - hope the knee thing is only cos you have stepped things up a notch and not anything sinister.................

KP has been quiet too. Must be all the run-up to the wedding!

Have I forgotten anyone? Hope not. Off for a few zzzzzz's now.

06/09/2007 at 14:02

Roobs

Well done. Does that mean it is tapering time for you?

I went out at 8:46am this morning. I was bl@@dy hot. 

06/09/2007 at 16:02
Not yet Tracey. I have another long one to do on 18th Sept - 22 miles hopefully - and its a 2 week 5 day taper for me. Its quite a relief to know there's only 1 to go - its been very hard. It was hot this morning wasn't it?
06/09/2007 at 16:29

Brilliant run Roobs - how on earth do you manage to get up and go for a run at that time of the morning. I take it you weren't working last night

Well done you too Tracey. Checked my car outside temperature and it was 26 this afternoon, 28 in the sun!

06/09/2007 at 17:29

Well done Tracey & Roobs on your long runs.

Lyndy - I get up most mornings at 4.30 to 4.45 to go training, but for my long runs I do go out a bit later as I like to have my brekkie first.   Morning is the best time of day to run.   I hate running at night, have to go out tonight for a short run before going to the gym as I'm a bit behind on this week's mileage, it's 28 degrees down here in Devon today

06/09/2007 at 17:34

I was up at 4.45 this morning. Definitely the best time to go out.............. I manage to get a weetabix and milk down me before my lsr and then off I go, gels onboard.

Lyndy - no I wasn't working last night.................

06/09/2007 at 18:07

Well done, Roobs. I find it hard enough to do an LSR getting up at 8 on a Sunday morning let alone anything else!

I'm very very very tired today - work is manic, of course! Now the kids are back there's no holding back! My throat's hurting today too from so much talking at classes. I really must remember to speak from the diaphragm and all that.

Hugs to all.

Enjoying a lovely rest day today. I iced my knees last night and I feel fine today, I just feel like I could do with a rest so I'm having one.

06/09/2007 at 19:38

In a rush, as shortly off to Brighton. Lyndy, it's Sussex, so up at Falmer. Will be dropping my daughter up there soon after 9, and not sure when she finishes. Will email you my mobile number in case you're free tomorrow morning.

Will read back properly tomorrow, but well done on the runs Delia & Tracey, and make sure you rest, Cinders.

06/09/2007 at 19:41
hello
06/09/2007 at 19:58

Hello mick!

Have just had hour's kip so ta for kind thoughts peeps

Well done on the LSR Roobs, that's very early in the morning! 

06/09/2007 at 21:58

I took my camelbak out with me this morning with 1.5ltrs of energy drink and I used it all up. Stop at the sweet shop for a Kitkat.

07/09/2007 at 05:41

Morning all,

Woke early so though I would imitate you lot and get out there.

No - not r*nning, silly! Will try and hit Tescos early, then hairdressers later this morning. Mind you, I did go out with the club last night - hanging on to the back of the beginners group again.

Have a good one.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.