Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

541 to 560 of 60,643 messages
23/11/2004 at 16:47
Jane - no, I don't think it's too early to start doing the long runs. Do them really slowly just building on your endurance. The good thing about starting them early is that if you should have the misfortune to pick up a cold in the winter, you'll still be on schedule for a spring marathon.

I love those calculators, they are so motivating.
23/11/2004 at 20:46
Thanks Shades, I will start lengthening my long run every week, with the ocasional cut back week for any races I may do.

I also have the weather to think about for my long runs as I tend to do them off-road, not too good at running on snow and ice and I have to get to the start on some fairly minor country roads which don't get gritted or cleared in bad weather.
24/11/2004 at 12:33
8 very easy miles this morning, fairly damp and cool but no wind or heavy rain. Rest day tomorrow I think as I was feeling tired the last mile of my run.

debbo    pirate
24/11/2004 at 15:29
I can report no miles this week so far.
:(( Still feeling not right, but not ill enough to go to bed. I hope I feel ok by the weekend, as that will be nearly 2 weeks of training lost...
24/11/2004 at 16:01

There is allsorts going round at the minute. Both my kids are off today with sore throats. The stress of the move will have lowered your resistance.

Don't worry about training, just think of it as a good rest before you get started.

Big Hugs !!!!!
24/11/2004 at 16:03
When I got married I organised the whole wedding my self ( Mr J was in the Royal Navy at the time and was away alot)
Come the big day I was absolutely fine till I got in to the car to go off to our honeymoon hotel. I sneezed and didn't stop sneezing for the whole first week :-)
debbo    pirate
24/11/2004 at 16:28
Jane - I haven't even moved yet!! At least the bridging loan is sorted - I just have to give the lawyer far too much money for all the fees and stamp duty. I think the move will be nothing compared to the stress of an unsold flat and a newly bought house.

I will try and think of it as a good rest though!

JJ - that's what happens - you can be fine until you are able to relax, and then it hits you!
24/11/2004 at 17:02
debbo, moving is very stressful and I am thinking of moving house myself, basically leaving behind the village life for the dizzy heights of Aberdeen City, but basically will have to deal with builders, plumbers etc., before we can move into proposed house once we decide the cost of doing the house up isn't too expensive!!!, love the area and do like the house once you see past the decoration and mess. And hubby is away such alot at the moment.
debbo    pirate
24/11/2004 at 18:03
Jane - have you bought this house, or are you just thinking about it?? Have you thought about potential running routes if you move - very important you know!!
24/11/2004 at 20:22
debbo just thinking about it at the moment but looks like it may happen.

25/11/2004 at 13:17
7 miles D&D :-)
Richmond Park so not easy. Under 12 min miles over all and spot on on the average HR.
I am still tired from Sunday so will be taking another rest day tomorrow, then a very easy 4 mile on Saturday and the Nike 10K on Sunday. probably around a 22 mile week.
25/11/2004 at 16:27
JJ good luck with the Nike 10k on Sunday. I am having a rest day today as I felt I needed it. Gym session tomorrow and hopefully 14 miles on Saturday.

25/11/2004 at 16:34
Hi everyone

You're all putting me to shame with all your miles! So far this week I have done a 5 mile run on Monday and a hilly 6 miles last night. I won't be going out tonight but plan on doing about 4/6 miles on Friday evening, 3 easy miles on Sat and 9 miles on Sunday. I have also decided that a new coat is in order for me - so saturday afternoon will be spent shopping
- I don't like shopping for clothes for me :(

see ya later
debbo    pirate
25/11/2004 at 17:33
Tiny toes - I've done no miles this week!!
25/11/2004 at 22:37
total mileage this week = 8
25/11/2004 at 22:42
Tiny toes

Laura ashley have nice coats-and a bit of a sale
i only wear fleeces tho
M...eldy    pirate
25/11/2004 at 22:48
Helloo Hipps ... you have been missed :-)

I can do shopping !!!

but I havnt done any miles on account of overdoing it last week :-(
25/11/2004 at 22:55
its not hurting again is it?
M...eldy    pirate
25/11/2004 at 23:00
It is - The trouble is I think I had no after care advise and hat I thought was low mileage was probably far more than I should have been doing ... I think I am just tearing it each time I go out ....
25/11/2004 at 23:16
oh noooooo
whats the plan now
541 to 560 of 60,643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.