Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

561 to 580 of 60,763 messages
17/11/2004 at 08:08
Apperantly, moving house is 3rd in the stress league after divorce and breavment so hang on in there Debbo.

I've been training my self to run after eating. Eating breakfast makes long runs more manageable.

Early rest day for me as I am feeling tired and I don't think the cold is totally gone. I'll do 4 miles Thurs Friday, rest Saturday and then big 10k race on Sunday. I'm racing against Mr J for the first time :-)
debbo    pirate
17/11/2004 at 08:23
I think you're right JJ about the stress!! Hopefully it will be sorted today so we can either relax, or panic totally!!

Good luck for your race.
17/11/2004 at 08:27
debbo hope everything goes okay today and I hope the banks don't charge you the earth for that loan.

JJ good luck with the 10k on sunday, which one is it?

Shades I am not too bad about eating and then running as long as its fairly light and in the mornings, couldn't eat an evening meal and then run.
17/11/2004 at 09:34
It's the Brighton 10K. I got my 55 min pb there in 2002 and ran just under an hour there last year after very little training. I am really going to go for it this year. Might not beat my pb as I am half a stone heavier but I want to be at least 58 mins.
17/11/2004 at 11:16
JJ. wow 55 min for a 10k is a time I would like to get some time soon.

another 5 miles this morning, off-road so a good bit slower than last night. nice day but a bit breezy at times.
17/11/2004 at 11:21
I'd quite like to do it again my self :-)

I'm resetting my pb's next year as I will be a V40.
17/11/2004 at 11:24
JJ just a young thing then, I am a decade ahead of you :(
17/11/2004 at 17:14
Bad News ! I developed A.F. And have had to stop running. Have now had Cardioversion performed,so I should be at it again soon.
Yes I feel young enough at 78,and hope to get in the F.L.M How about you? JJ?
M...eldy    pirate
17/11/2004 at 17:25
Afternoon girlies and William!

managed 5 miles today in around 53 mins so going according to the cunning plan - will have to see how the leg is in the morning as this when I tend to 'know' that there is still a lot of repair work to do ...

Glad to see so many impressive miles :-))
17/11/2004 at 20:40
William welcome, glad to hear you will be back running soon.

Imelda impressive run.

folks were talking about getting snow tonight, so heres hoping they are wrong, raining hard at the moment.

M...eldy    pirate
17/11/2004 at 20:42
They say it will snow in London by the weekend??

Its quite dry and mild here at the moment so I dont know :-))
17/11/2004 at 20:44
William, hi
as long ad your cardiologists know you run they an hopefully tailor your AF treatment to take acount of it all
debbo    pirate
18/11/2004 at 07:28
Jane - thanks - I think it is all sorted, but it will cost the earth :((

JJ - I'd like to do a 55 minute 10k too - my best is just under 55, but recently I have only managed 60 minutes too. I'm aiming to get back to near 55 minutes in january. That is if I can get back to running - I'm still resting this week.

Welcome William - have you got an FLM place?

Imelda - good run!
18/11/2004 at 10:30
debbo glad to got it sorted even though these things tend to be a bit expensive, hope you sell your old house soon.

A short run this morning, just as well as its cold out there and ran through a brief snow shower, snow not lying so wasn't slippy, but the flakes were sticking to my clothes briefly. Just hope its a bit warmer for my half marathon on Sunday.
18/11/2004 at 11:02
Hi all
Not sure if I'll get out for a run today. Little Jumpet jnr was up half the night being sick and is not much better today.
Not too unhappy as I'm not feeling brilliant myself.

I just wish sometimes that I could have a clear week of training with out some form of domestic crises getting in the way.

Oh well I'll just consider it tapering for the weekends race.

Wet, cold and miserable here, and the weather's bad too :-)
18/11/2004 at 11:09
Josie have an easy day yourself and get plenty of rest for the weekend.
19/11/2004 at 12:57
Hi all

Feeling much better today :-) I wonder if it was hormonal.

Can't run in the day today as Jumpet Jnr is still a bit poorly but might get out tonight if Mr J gets back on time.

Just had to share this with you.

We went out this morning to pick up some birthday presents for little people. We got a free Bionicle mask in The Lego Shop and Jumpet junior was wearing it round town.
Me - Come on Toa Nuju ( the bionicles name )
A pair of solomn brown eyes appear under the mask
JJnr - I not a Bionicle Mummy, I just your little boy.

He's going to break my heart one day :-)
19/11/2004 at 16:07
JJ sounds as though you really enjoy being with your children.

Session at the gym this afternoon.

not sure about the half marathon on Sunday now as there has been alot of snow, it has melted and re-frozen so road outside my house is like an ice-rink. Will have to wait and see if its gone by Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone.
19/11/2004 at 16:10
They are very good (most of the time)

Sounds horrid weather, very cold and bright here.
20/11/2004 at 09:55
looks like its been snowing on and off all night, unless there is a sudden thaw I doubt I will be running tomorrow.

My dog loves this weather and runs about the garden barking and trying to catch the falling snow and whines to get out and wants to play snowballs.

Wish I was a kid again sometimes so I can go snowballing and sledging and not worry about having to drive places and such responsible stuff.
561 to 580 of 60,763 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.