Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,601 to 59,620 of 60,643 messages
21/07/2012 at 13:38

Looks like we may have another lady coming to stay too - three women on their own in London??? Party time I reckon

Pictures on facebook from when I saw the flame this morning There were loads of police around running......... before and after the flame came through, like they were trying to prove how fit our force is lol!

23/07/2012 at 09:12

Morning

Asda delivery between 10 and 12 then out on the bike for me

Well Done Tracey G   A new PB  xxx

23/07/2012 at 18:48

peeeeebeeeeeeetastic Tracey

27/07/2012 at 17:44

Afternoon

Belated well done on your pb Tracey

Looking forward to the Olympics starting later

29/07/2012 at 22:26

Hiya everyone

Wasn't the opening of the Olympics fantastic

Very busy weekend and now a bit tired. Off to bed now

31/07/2012 at 14:01

Hellooooooo!

I've just had to blow the tumbleweed out of the thread.....

where is everyone?

31/07/2012 at 14:24

Watching Lympix!!

Starting to feel a bit flat about Team GB, I know we are going to win medals but it just seems that so many people are missing out  I feel the press has hyped them to such a height that it seems impossible for them to follow through.  World No 1's are failing dismally, not even coming in the medals.  I feel so sorry for them; working so hard for so many years and it's all over in seconds (in the case of the diving).  Let's hope some of the unknowns do a great job.

31/07/2012 at 14:48

Watching it here, well will be when today's diving starts.

Feel the same TS about the press hype, just seen in the local shop a headline on a tabloid paper "Wanted...Gold Medal".  Seems very unfair to do that.

31/07/2012 at 17:35

I felt awful for our two divers yesterday - they were doing so well and just one dive meant they were out of the running for a medal.

01/08/2012 at 08:54

Morning everyone

We are very quiet on here these days and only about four of us left now

Been watching Lympix and yes, felt gutted for Daley and Waterhouse.  Let's hope that Daley can pull it off in the Individual.  Felt it for the male gymnasts too, to have the Silver snatched away from them and demoted to Bronze, but our ladies' football team are brilliant.

Didnt get to watch it yesterday cos I decided, on the spur of the moment, to clean my oven.  Took me from 11am to 4:40pm   It wasn''t really that bad but had had something boil over in it that took me ages to get off the bottom.  Got a special oven liner now that I've put in the bottom of both ovens and you can put it in the washing machine/dishwasher to clean it and it's recommended for fan ovens

Looking forward to the time trials and Bradley Wiggins today and the rowing  Just need to get David Cameron to stay away from all our events now!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/9051/gallery/curse_of_cameron.jpg?width=370&height=430&mode=max

01/08/2012 at 10:08

We did deliberate about driving up to Esher or somewhere to watch the Time Trial but decided TV coverage is actually better   Plus there are rowing finals today so want to be watching that.  Our TV hasn't been off from about 7 until midnight, if it was an old fashioned one the tube would have blown by now!!

Need to go shopping today sometime, am having to work it around events!  I am travelling North tomorrow to catch up with some old friends for a get together, I hope Radio 5 is doing a good service!  (I remember driving back from Yorks one Sun afternoon when Nadal/Federer had that classic match - it lasted neary the whole journey!)

Did anyone see the SA swimmer last night, I just loved his and his family's reaction, I was sat bawling my eyes out   Those are the moments that make an Olympics

01/08/2012 at 10:16

Just in case you have been on Mars and not seen this!

http://deadspin.com/5930604/this-bbc-interview-with-chad-le-closs-father-is-the-media-moment-of-the-games-so-far

http://deadspin.com/5930604/this-bbc-interview-with-chad-le-closs-father-is-the-media-moment-of-the-games-so-far

I agree with him, his son is beautiful!!

01/08/2012 at 10:17

Oh - I can't do links 

01/08/2012 at 12:35

Yay, we have a gold   Well done to the 2 rowers!

Saw that TS, was really touching.

01/08/2012 at 12:57

Broken the duck, so now roll on with the rest, I suspect rowing will give us some more, I wasn't sure the coxed 8 was ever going to get gold.

We should get medals in the cycling TT, hopefully gold 

01/08/2012 at 18:14

We have tv's at work so I watched the ladies win their gold and then the mens 8 win their bronze.

We had the cyclin TTs on this afternoon.

Well done to Wiggins and Froome

Two golds and two bronzes so far today

Going to try to watch TS's link - didn't see it last night.

01/08/2012 at 19:06

May get something in the pool tonight too!  Hope so

Watch it Roobs, he's a darling 

01/08/2012 at 19:51

Hello all

Sorry for my absence..lots happening..not much on the running front! Hope you are all okay?

01/08/2012 at 21:22

Hi MWW *waves* hope you are ok too

I watched the video TS. What a proud dad! lol

02/08/2012 at 21:07

My bank account is a bit lighter this evening. Had a full service done on the car along with the MOT. I knew that one of the headlights had gone and that was the only thing that it would have failed on However, the front brake pads and discs were about 85% or so worn so I decided to have them changed now rather than have to go back later in the year which saved me money. Also decided to have the windscreen wipers changed. But I am going up to James' this weekend so at least I know I'll be safe

Managed to see quite a bit of the limpix today The clay pigeon shooting (or whatever its called nowadays) was really close And wasn't the cycling exciting????

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.