Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,821 to 59,840 of 60,762 messages
18/09/2012 at 13:23
MWW - shredding got easier after Day 4.
19/09/2012 at 13:21

Hello all

Cinders - my daughter has made some progress, still not able to go out or do any schooling but making small steps. Thank you for asking

Tracey- I tried to do some shredding during the summer, level one got easier, but still ached, only managed some of level 2 and never made it to level 3!

I managed another run this morning, 4 miles, very slowly. Ankle aching a bit!

19/09/2012 at 14:55

Glad you are getting back to your running MWW - I do find it is a stress reliever, so hopefully so for you too.

Hope work gets more enjoyable, Cinders.

I'm trying a challenge I spooted on Facebook - 5x50, which is 50 consecutive days of running, walking or cycling at least 5k. I've completed 10 days, all running. I may try & wobble around on my bike, just to gain some confidence, as I don't want to give up on it completely, having learned in my thirties and always been nervous.

20/09/2012 at 13:35

Afternoon everyone

Mum wasn't too bad after she'd got the initial irritations out of the way.  Can't understand why she always feels the need to wind me up.  I'm sure she knows exactly what she's doing!!!!

Everything went well up in Hull too.  Auntie Alice was on good form and is still as spritely as ever.  As long as she can get out in the car she's happy so we took her for a ride across the Yorkshire Moors then on to Whitby for fish and chips - I'm sure she's live on them if she could.

Tuesday she wanted to go to Bridlington but there was such a bitterly cold northerly wind so we just went to check out her bungalow and did a bit of shopping in Cottingham, then went and sat in the car by the Foreshore and all fell asleep.

Came home yesterday and had a good journey with no hold-ups at all.  Feeling sorry for myself today though because I started off with a bit of a cold on Monday and although I've got past the sniffles stage I'm feeling cr@p and my chest feels tight, so just hope I'm not getting a chest infection.  Never had one in my life before but my chest and upper back feel awful

20/09/2012 at 20:54

Hello everyone! Sorry I've not been about much - been quite busy with one thing and another.

I've entered a couple of halves for next year along the way though

And we've run quite a good campaign on Facebook with trying to turn it peach

I've ran a couple of times too. Going to go out lunchtime tomorrow too - just under 2m but I'm quite enjoying it

21/09/2012 at 10:30
Roobs - your running is coming along really well.

Lyndy - Bernard had a chest infection about 4 years ago and to see a fit person with it is scary. I know no how bad it would be for old and people with existing health problems. Go and get it check out xxx
21/09/2012 at 10:32
Went to help out Karen with her First Steps home work group last night and then to the club house for a bit of food, drink and chat.
21/09/2012 at 10:51

Chest is okay today but cold is now streaming.  Wa hoping not to have to take anything for it and let it run its course but I've had to blow my nose so much this morning I've given in and dosed myself up with Lemsip

21/09/2012 at 11:47

Hi, I've just got back into running after a very patchy period. To be honest, I've never fully committed previously, so I'm hoping this time it will stick.

I ran the Brighton Marathon (my first and currently only marathon) back in 2010, finishing in 5:08. I've entered London next spring but decided if I don't get a ballot place I will enter either Manchester or Milton Keynes (both a week or two afterwards and easy enough to get to) with the intention of breaking 5 hours (soft target) and an unspoken intention of getting as close to 4 hours as possible (hard, unspoken target)

This time I intend to follow a plan rigourously. I'm currently running 20mi per week, having been slowly ramping up from 10mi / week over the last 6 weeks or so.

Going ok so far, but feeling generally a bit more tired. I'm in pretty good health but my aerobic fitness is what limited me last time. Plainly, I didn't run enough miles prior to Brighton, and it showed. I think i averaged about 10-15 miles per week in the six months prior, and did one 18 miler and one 16 miler, so in the end I was glad just to make it round.

My upcoming program is significantly more challenging, so i'm hoping it doesn't break me before I reach the start line :-\

24/09/2012 at 17:27

Hello ladies,

Naughty forumite here, no posts for ages!!

Out this morning though for a run, first time in a while and managed 3 miles, although had to walk a bit at the end   Averaged 11:30 min/miles so mustn't beat myself up, slowly slowly does it.

Welcome to the thread AgentGinger, we used to be really busy on here but we all seem to have sloped off to Facebook!  You sound as if you have a good plan going on there!

24/09/2012 at 19:26

Hellooooo everyone

Welcome AgentGinger

Need to run again. Think I am going to try to make it to the beginner's night at Tracey's club if I can get home from work in time

24/09/2012 at 22:50
Welcome Agent Ginger

I've done all 3 Brighton marathons

TS - I've as bad not posting much on here.

Roobs - Would be great to see you if you can get away from work. It maybe quicker by train.
24/09/2012 at 22:51
Doing my shredding than running. Done Day Level 2 Day 12 this morning
25/09/2012 at 10:38
That should have been doing more shredding than running.
25/09/2012 at 18:37

Must shred!

Welcome Agentginger

Soooooo, do we hear soon re VLM?  I've seen some mumblings about the payment page going live.

Roobs, hope you make the club

25/09/2012 at 18:40
Cinders - end of the week and beginning of next week VLM ballot going by last year. Not expecting to get a place as I've never been that lucky.
25/09/2012 at 21:33

Thanks Tracey.  Me neither I guess, it's been 7 years since I got in VLM.

25/09/2012 at 21:48

I wonder if I'll get a VLM place next year It'll be my 5th rejection if I don't so I'll get a place next year for definite. I was one of the ones who had already had rejections before they stopped doing the 5 rejection thingy.

I ran at lunchtime today instead of going to Tracey's club as I thought it was going to pee down with rain. It didn't lol! But its bloody freezing out there!

We are having a cake sale in aid of MacMillan on Friday at work so I had to go out to buy the ingredients; I gave Bradley all the cake baking stuff when he left home

26/09/2012 at 06:26

Morning all

Welcome Agen Ginger

Cinders - after 7 years I'd say it's about time

Tracey - well done on the shredding, I didn't get past level 2, but I do use some of the sets in the gym when I have time!

Roobs - well done on the running...maybe VLm for you as well...I have entered Brighton not expecting to be in VLM this year as I had a ballot place last year!

26/09/2012 at 07:28
MWW - only did 8 days of level 1. So I can do 12 day of level 2 if needs be
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.