Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,841 to 59,860 of 60,764 messages
26/09/2012 at 09:37

Morning everyon

Welcome AgentGinger.  Hope you didn't think we were all ignoring you, we've all been a bit lax in getting on here lately.  I've not run a marathon for several years now as I've been plagued by injury, CBA and too many grandchildren, but your plan sounds ok.  All I would suggest at the moment is just taking it all one day at a time and only increasing your distances once you become comfortable with the one you are doing at the moment. You can hit the training schedule in January and already be at good level of fitness to continue through to the 18 and 20 milers.

I haven't entered VLM this year (I don't think I did anyway  ), but do have a plan to be there at the start if I manage to get myself into a routine that involves "serious" running.  I have entered Brighton 10k and Brighton half and, of course, will be at the finish line at Brighton Marathon in my volunteer capacity to see you all home and give you your medals

26/09/2012 at 17:42
Lyndy - look forward to getting my Brighton medal of you again

I alway enter London Marathon, not worried if I don't get in. Thou it would be nice if Roobs and I get in like in 2011
26/09/2012 at 18:08

That would be fun - there could be three of us there

Now all we need is Mr VLM to do his stuff

I am off work tomorrow afternoon to cook cakes for a cake sale we are having at work on Friday morning in aid of MacMillan. Once I get my carrot cake in the oven, I'll be able to get out for a run

26/09/2012 at 19:09

Hello all,

Flipping 'eck - achy legs yesterday from my 3 mile run on Monday!!  Achy legs from 3 miles!!??   Went with my cycling gtoup yesterday which didn't help, they are flipping fast and I struggle to keep the pace for mile after mile.  Slowly slowly, I'll get there in the end!  

AG, I haven't done a race since Houston half in Jan 2011, was training for VLM but fell and cracked my rib on a 20 miler and have never really got going again since then.  I am entering a 10k in Jan that more or less runs past home so have an incentive to keep going this time!

I did try to enter VLM but missed the deadline, the thought of all that training wouldn't have filled me with joy though

27/09/2012 at 08:14

Well looks like people are finding out re VLM.  The payment page is up but showing no signs of my details so that's a no for me.

Have to look for something else.

Enjoy your baking and run today Roobs

27/09/2012 at 10:00
Cinders - I decided not to try the payment page. Going to wait it out.
27/09/2012 at 14:01

Hello all

Got my rejection mag and jacket! Not too upset...have done VLM 4 times..time for a change! Bring on Brighton

Has anyone else received their mag yet?

27/09/2012 at 15:10
MWW - I got my rejection mag too We will have a great time at Brighton
27/09/2012 at 15:54

Never mind Tracey...looking forward to Brighton...just need to be able to run properly again now!

27/09/2012 at 16:29
MWW - am not upset about VLM. I love Brighton and would love to live there
27/09/2012 at 16:50

Mag came today, not too bothered.  I'll find another one. 

Tracey, we talked about moving to Brighton.

27/09/2012 at 16:56
Cinders - are you still doing Beachy?
27/09/2012 at 16:59

Lets all move to Brighton!

I'm in!!!!!! Got my race pack today. Have paid up so that's it now. Three marathons on 3 out of 4 Sundays May look for a 4th one

27/09/2012 at 17:09

Actually on reflection. I don't think I will look for a 4th one.

I'll use my first one as a long slow run in readiness for Brighton where I am going to go for it (if I can) and try to break this 5 hours thing!!!! Then London will be an enjoyable day out to soak up the atmosphere

28/09/2012 at 07:06
Morning

Roobs - I'd love to get a Sub 5hrs with you at Beachy
28/09/2012 at 13:59

Not doing Beachy Tracey, sold my place. 

28/09/2012 at 20:57

I'll get round to doing Beachy one day!

I'm going back to do Loch Ness again next year with a buch of fetchies - we're having an over 50's get together Do you think we should warn Inverness?

29/09/2012 at 08:22
Im 49 next year Roobs
29/09/2012 at 13:01

Why Tracey? Fifties are a great age to be. As long as you don't have to deal with bastid landlords or cancer lol!

I am wiped out today. So its a day of doing absolutely nowt I had two nights out last weekend and then had a very busy week at workand ran around like a nutter selling cakes in aid of MacMillan yesterday. Its all taken its toll but on the up side, these days don't happen so often any more, I suppose my body is also getting used to running again.

29/09/2012 at 14:09

Hellooooo

Think I must be the old lady of the thread

Brighton's a brilliant place to live.  I love it here  Wouldn't dream of moving back to Peterborough (even if my mother wasn't there!!!  )

Having my "birthday" meal tonight.  Felt so crap last weekend with this cold thing and it wasn't worth going out anywhere as I wouldn't enjoy it.  Off to our loval Millers and Carter.  Went to one in The Forest when I was staying with Roobs for the Paralympics and liked it so much. Was really pleased when I found out we had one only about half an hours drive away.  Was looking at booking it online last night and found some really awful reviews of it, but it turns out they were just a few of the locals who had a grudge because their local pub had been turned into a steakhouse.  The found some real reviews and all sounds good

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.