Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,861 to 59,880 of 60,764 messages
29/09/2012 at 20:24
Roobs - just a wee bit too young for your Over 50's group
30/09/2012 at 15:34

Hope you enjoyed yourself Lyndy

Not long to go now though Tracey lol

3.21 miles done this morning - 3min run/1min walk x10 Going to up it to 4 mins run/1min walk this week I feel like I am finally getting somewhere

Edited: 30/09/2012 at 15:34
01/10/2012 at 18:06

I'm on a par with you Roobs, 3.5 miles done this morning.  No idea of the time as my GPS went haywire  I would guess about 11 min miling.  Whatever it was though I am pleased I did it without walking, that's a big 'step forward' for me, the speed doesn't bother me at the moment, it's just the non stop distance that is a bit of a mental block, I'll up the speed when I can do the distance.

You're one of the younger ones on the thread Tracey, I think Cinders is the 'baby'

01/10/2012 at 19:56

TS - I would love to run a mile without walking at the moment! Think I'll give it a go this weekend

01/10/2012 at 23:05

Go Roobs   You're doing fab.

Good going also TS

Lol, surely there's someone younger than 41 on the thread???

02/10/2012 at 18:31

Roobs, without it sounding crass; you have a good reason for getting back into running.  I just have lazy-arse-itis 

Had a good cycle ride this morning, 25 miles and I kept up with the rest and was even lead rider at one point, even when it's not too windy you know about it!

Gosh - you 41 Cinders??  I'm sure we'll have some new peeps coming onto the thread soon, what with VLM places being out, so we may get some young blood!

I'm going to check out a 5k run that is happening this weekend here, it's the Susan G Komen 'Race for the Cure', it's a bit like our race for life, this is for breast cancer though, I think there is about 30,000 people.  I understand you can enter right up to the last minute.  We were talking about it this morning, did RfL start off just for Breast Cancer, a freind said it was, I thought it was all encompassing?  Anyone remember?

02/10/2012 at 19:06

I thought it was for all cancer too but runners seem to deck themselves out in pink which is the colour of the ribbon for breast cancer. I wore my survivor t-shirt which isn't pink

At our race, a lady who has survived breast cancer got up and did a talk to everyone, I want to do that next year at one or two races if I can to warn women about womb cancer

03/10/2012 at 07:25

Mawning everyone

That lazy-arse-itis is really catching TS and apparently they haven't found a cure for it yet so guess we'll be suffering for a long while yet

gingerfurball    pirate
03/10/2012 at 13:02

Hello everyone - hope you don't mind a gate crasher... 

I've popped in here a few times before and I know not everyone here is training for VLM  or anything but would it be ok to stick my head in here every so often.

I got a place in the ballot for VLM *faints* and have never got near to the elusive 5 hours (well 5:13 my best a good few years ago and I've got slower and slower ever since!!)...would be nice to get close.  (I've even signed myself up with a personal trainer in the hope if getting fit!!)

About me - I'm thread house broken, I make nice cups of tea *puts on kettle* - I'm a mum of 3 and grandma to 2 (well technically #2 is due today *eek*) and sorry not a contributer to any young blood in the thread being 47

03/10/2012 at 13:24

Welcome back GFB    Tea for me please

Not sure how many of us did/didn't get in VLM, there's some that are doing Brighton and I'm not decided yet!

Hope #2 grandchild arrives on time

Sore ribs today, started a 4 week morning boot camp yesterday! 

03/10/2012 at 15:28

I recognise you GFB, you have been around for years (ooh-eer!!).  We've all been around here for years too, I think this thread started in 2005?  I know I came on it when I first did London.  I think there is only Roobs who is in London and she is a marathon professional!  I'm just back into running after 2-3 years of on/off running, hence I was pleased the other day when I did 3 miles non stop 

I was going to say something else but age has got me and I have forgotten what it was already!  

Oh, just remembered, it was to say that there is more talk of other stuff on here than there is about our running!  Anyway Welcome  

gingerfurball    pirate
03/10/2012 at 16:25

Thanks for the welcomes (back lol) - I'm actually running from scratch again...had got all ready for a half marathon but then got injured - so I did what any self respecting injured runner did - wallowed in self pity and gained a stone...

I'm starting a very long and easy build up 30 week programme - 3 miles today...my @rse nearly fell off lol...ah well!

Still no movement on grandbaby number two (our other grand daughter is 3...this new little one is a boy so we're all excited...except my daughter who is just reaching the end of her rope...ah well hopefully not too long to go )

03/10/2012 at 16:50

Hello, just found this thread and whilst not doing the VLM I am doing Beachy Head at the end of the month and very optimisticly am hoping to go sub 5 hours.

Just for the record Cinders - I am under 41.

03/10/2012 at 16:54
Welcome back GFB

I remember you too Thou didn't join this thread in the very beginning. I'm doing Brighton marathon. Not managed at sub 5hr marathon yet, best is 5:17 last year at Brighton marathon.
03/10/2012 at 16:55
Cinders - I started level 3 of 30 Day Shred. She says we will take it up another notch, more like a mountain
03/10/2012 at 16:58
Celtic Runner - I'm doing Beachy too It's my 7th Beachy and not managed sub 6hrs yet My hubby did 4:50 last year.
03/10/2012 at 19:59
Beachy Head??? Under 5 hours?!?!?

"TopSec gathers herself up off floor"
03/10/2012 at 20:33

I'm on a par with you Roobs, 3.5 miles done this morning.  No idea of the time as my GPS went haywire  I would guess about 11 min miling.  Whatever it was though I am pleased I did it without walking, that's a big 'step forward' for me, the speed doesn't bother me at the moment, it's just the non stop distance that is a bit of a mental block, I'll up the speed when I can do the distance.

You're one of the younger ones on the thread Tracey, I think Cinders is the 'baby'

03/10/2012 at 20:34

woops - why on earth has that popped up again 

03/10/2012 at 21:02

Ah refresh gremlin?

Welcome CR

Tracey, I'll have to have a look at the Shred video.  Started a 4 week boot camp and today my ribs hurt, didn't realise I had muscles there!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.