Sub 5 hours

Slow, steady but determined.

59,881 to 59,900 of 60,747 messages
03/10/2012 at 22:14
Cinders - you worked your core hard. My core is weak, thou my stomach is firming up
03/10/2012 at 22:38

I may have to give that Shredding a whirl, my core is terrible.

I shall go onto Google to check it now

03/10/2012 at 23:01

Hello GFB and Celtic Runner Welcome

GFB - I am starting from scratch again too so you're in good company. I'm doing a marathon on 29th March, Brighton 2 weeks lagter and then London the week after that The running seems to be clicking into place now (only this week) - its been tough and I did think once or twice about jacking it in but I'm glad I am persevering

04/10/2012 at 08:57

Morning everyone, hello GFB and Celtic Runner

Joins TS on the floor at the thought of a sub-5 Beachy!!!!!!!!!!

Still trying to get my @r$e of the chair and do some running.  The plan had been to get back to it this week, but the weather has been too awful to even contemplate putting running gear on and although this morning's a lovely morning, I've got loads to do today.

My running is always interrupted by grandchildren GFB. I've got SEVEN + four as the four are step grandchildren and are all granddaughters in their 20's.  I also have two great granddaughters curtesy of one of the older girls

04/10/2012 at 14:03
Laid in bed thinking I must get up and go run before it gets too warm, but just can't be bothered as I'm too comfy! It's now when I need someone to run with so I HAVE to get going.

Hopefully next post will say I've runned and runned well
gingerfurball    pirate
04/10/2012 at 14:34

Lyndy - that's a lot of grandkids!!  Still the one here...c'mon baby!!

04/10/2012 at 14:44
TS - I'm doing the 30 Day Shred by Jullian Michaels. She is a trainer on the Biggest Losser. You can get the DVD for ??5 of Amazon. You will need a set of dumbels but 2 tins of baked beans or to bottles of water will do the trick and a mat. I haven't got a mat as I'm fine on our floor.

I did fine the first 3 days that my arms really ached. I was only using 0.5kg weights My tummy is firmer now and can see signs of a Six Pack Its recommended to do each level for 10 days. I found that Level 1 to easy, except for pressup as I can only do box ones, the beginners option. So after 8 days moved to Level 2. This was a struggle in the beginning, but I stuck with it and got through the whole level without stopping after 12 days. I started Level 3 on Day 20, she says she's taking up another notch. My god shes not kidding. If you have a weak core you will struggle with this level. I'll let you know how I get on with Level 3 as have only done it once.
04/10/2012 at 14:45
Kicks TS out of bed lol
04/10/2012 at 15:57

I'm out of bed Tracey  I did Google Shred and that was the one I came up with so will give it a try.  Hope it works (well it will if I actually DO it!)

Have been and run  Dog, it was hard work.  Sweating like an 'oss so kept in the shade where I could.  I unearthed my Garmin so had an accurate pace as I was going, pretty slow; 11:20 avg.  I stopped it on 3 miles and walked the last half.  Honestly the way I felt you would think I had run Beachy!!

I took my blood sugar when I came back as I was really shaky, it was 7.0 which is high for me so I think I was creating extra glucose for energy (I was expecting something below 4.0)  Maybe I should have had some breakfast before I went?  Making up for it now though

04/10/2012 at 16:03
TS - my legs are not bad after doing 18 miles today. 30 Day Shred has strengthened my legs then Not looking forward to doing it tomorrow as it will not be nice after today's long run.
04/10/2012 at 19:38
My washing machine has broken
05/10/2012 at 08:11
Cinders - how was Boot Camp?
gingerfurball    pirate
05/10/2012 at 10:21

Morning all - my daughter had her baby this morning...after a 2 hour drug free natural labour...he's 9lb 15oz *winces* and so beautful...his name is Harrison.

(unfortunately Jenn had a 3rd degree tear and will be having surgery later this morning to put everything back together again...but all is well besides)

05/10/2012 at 13:05

OUCH - Congratulations to Jenn   Hope she's okay.

05/10/2012 at 14:33

Congrats to your daughter GFB   Lovely name

Boot camp is good Tracey, week one of 4 done.

05/10/2012 at 15:14

Many congrats to your daughter GFB - Hope Jenn & Harrison are boh doing well.

05/10/2012 at 16:21
GFB - congratulations to your daughter.

Cinders - well done on week 1 of Boot Camp.

Roobs - I went round Karen's this afternoon and she cut my hair and gave me a lovely sports massage.
05/10/2012 at 16:49

GFB - congratulations

Sounds good Tracey

Did 5mins run/2mins walk x 4 again today at lunchtime and managed 2.4m

Going for a biggy over the weekend - at least 3.5 maybe 4 miles

05/10/2012 at 17:44

Ah congrats Granny GFB.  I did once hear that natural tears apparently heal better than if you are cut, either way sounds awful (not being a Mum I know nowt about these things!)

Nice walk with my friends this morning, sooo much easier than running

Take it easy Roobs

06/10/2012 at 07:29
Roobs - well done on your run/walk

Had a really funny evening last night at ELVIS end of series awards and party.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.